Wild Streets

Skola

http://soundcloud.com/skola/wild-streets-tagged-previewArsed around with fruity multiband compressor and fruity reverb, sounds a bit better with them on than off, but I still find the track is a bit quiet.Not even that many elements to this track just sample + drums + sub (most of the tags will be removed).I've been hoarding music for a long time, want to get my mixdowns sounding a bit less amaturish before I try push anything.Feedback appreciated.
  • Upvote 4

i've heard this before, did you post it in a topic somewhere? tune's big mate. in terms of boosting it's perceived loudness, you need to play about with any make up gain on the compressor, coz the peaks of the track, as you can see from the waveform are hitting 0dB, turning up the makeup gain will keep the peaks where they are but increase the volume of the quieter sections, making the track SEEM like it's louder (but it's actually not).personally i would leave it, i was just listening to some spotify bits and had to turn the speakers down when i pressed play so it's pretty loud to be fair.

• Upvote 2

i've heard this before, did you post it in a topic somewhere? tune's big mate. in terms of boosting it's perceived loudness, you need to play about with any make up gain on the compressor, coz the peaks of the track, as you can see from the waveform are hitting 0dB, turning up the makeup gain will keep the peaks where they are but increase the volume of the quieter sections, making the track SEEM like it's louder (but it's actually not).personally i would leave it, i was just listening to some spotify bits and had to turn the speakers down when i pressed play so it's pretty loud to be fair.
yeah it was in my sig for a sec and used it like...1-2 years back for a beat sampler i think i posted here. cheers :Y:ah cool i get you i did notice that about the waveform. its already loud?!? haha sound. one thing i mite do is sidechaining for the kick drum and falling sub so i can pump the sub a bit more.

i like, only critique is that it's repetitive, and that's prob just the sample version You've upped for usif not, You considering alternative drops / chorus verse or if not, maybe some 2 bar build ups on 7th and 8th bars at some points?

i like, only critique is that it's repetitive, and that's prob just the sample version You've upped for usif not, You considering alternative drops / chorus verse or if not, maybe some 2 bar build ups on 7th and 8th bars at some points?
you know i never actually thought about thatthe full version is the same (but no skola tags and longer)dammit i considered this finished ages ago and sent it to a bunch of people /check ur pms jeffah