FX Trading

Woodpecker

Don't waste your time, quite frankly.

I've been told by my boy (Forex trader at GS) that unless you have the significant capital to outlay and potentially lose (which you don't) access to the up to the second prices (which banks have ldo) and a lot of experience then it will take you a long time rendering it useless.

I don't see why would post this here tbh other than to say "hey look at me, I wanna get into trading" etc when there are loads of FX sites/forums out there that will be able to assist you.

#forumsyndrome

inb4internets

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1) Google is your friend

2) One person works in a hedge fund on here (Rigondeaux) the rest are probably just lying/gassing.

3) I'd be surprised if any of the spare time traders on here actually make worthwhile money (if any money at all). Day trading is extremely difficult with someone else's money, let alone your own and not something you can just jump into as seems to be the idea. I don't know enough about it to task the posters in there (as much as someone like Doom for instance, who was the bawse when he posted). I actually think most of the posters in there just prey on the fact that few ppl know a lot about it, and just chat sh*t which makes them look knowledgeable.

It's the same with the poker thread in the sports room. A lotta man tried gassing (one guy in particular, you know who you are) and I just shut it down, hence why it's been so it's dead. No pretenders or liars when I'm 'ere.

Try here: www.fxd.com

• Downvote 5

3) I'd be surprised if any of the spare time traders on here actually make worthwhile money (if any money at all). Day trading is extremely difficult with someone else's money, let alone your own and not something you can just jump into as seems to be the idea.

thiiis

i know so many people who think they can just watch bloomberg, invest in a few random stocks and start balling. you're competing with people who do this for a living, and still lose

I've been told by my boy (Forex trader at GS) that unless you have the significant capital to outlay and potentially lose (which you don't) access to the up to the second prices (which banks have ldo) and a lot of experience then it will take you a long time rendering it useless.

I don't see why would post this here tbh other than to say "hey look at me, I wanna get into trading" etc when there are loads of FX sites/forums out there that will be able to assist you.

#forumsyndrome

inb4internets

gt it in one with this woodpeck guy

well done yilz

• Downvote 1

#forumsyndrome

inb4internets

1) Google is your friend

2) One person works in a hedge fund on here (Rigondeaux) the rest are probably just lying/gassing.

3) I'd be surprised if any of the spare time traders on here actually make worthwhile money (if any money at all). Day trading is extremely difficult with someone else's money, let alone your own and not something you can just jump into as seems to be the idea. I don't know enough about it to task the posters in there (as much as someone like Doom for instance, who was the bawse when he posted). I actually think most of the posters in there just prey on the fact that few ppl know a lot about it, and just chat sh*t which makes them look knowledgeable.

It's the same with the poker thread in the sports room. A lotta man tried gassing (one guy in particular, you know who you are) and I just shut it down, hence why it's been so it's dead. No pretenders or liars when I'm 'ere.

Try here: www.fxd.com

lol this guy, anyway for the most part you're not exactly sure of what you're talking about when it comes to making money from forex.

you however correctly pointed out that woodpecker making this thread was more of a "hey look at me...i want to do this" (and we know how much that affect you<_<)

Woodpecker if im correct you work in investment banking or at an investment bank, and you should find out from there how to get into forex or any other trading surely? why would you make a thread asking here.

however, i trade in forex, make money from it and anyone can make money from it, infact its the largest market available anywhere TO make money from.

but why i dont get involved in threads (even though theres none about forex) is cos if you really want to make good money its more than just recommending sites and giving a few tips, its different from stocks trading if you dont already know and alot of people would be put off based on the world market times which are crucial to your trading.

pm me what you are interested in and where you're at right now and i can provide some more detailed info.

Guest M12 Part 2

3) I'd be surprised if any of the spare time traders on here actually make worthwhile money (if any money at all). Day trading is extremely difficult with someone else's money, let alone your own and not something you can just jump into as seems to be the idea.

thiiis

i know so many people who think they can just watch bloomberg, invest in a few random stocks and start balling. you're competing with people who do this for a living, and still lose

This is true to an extent. It's very unlikely you're going to make a killing and double or treble your money or catch something at the bottom and watch it multiply by 10, but it's not impossible. Neither is it impossible to beat the market or in the current climate make returns greater than anything you can get in a bank at the moment. Day trading is a different story. But it's really not that hard to make a return over a period of months or years just off fundamentals from balance sheets and speculating on growth in certain areas based on research. The one thing I will say that puts you at an extreme disadvantage is trading fees and the availability of information. You are basically trading on old information as a private investor compared with the big boys.

/

About this being believed thing you can tell plenty stories about people who are chatting sh*t, people who are exceptions to rules or whatever. But end of the day this is just a forum. Real life is real life. If you want to do something or have done something and you have faith in yourself go in. Don't let anyone change that about you. I know a lot of people with tall tales that are actually true. The worst thing you can do in life is turn into a pessimist who believes everything out of the ordinary is impossible and there are only set ways to do everything and any other way you will fail.

/

I'm typing this sat at a train station. So allow any spelling mistakes or rambling only so far my phone can take me.

you should also be aware that even when people claim their friends said this or that

when banks and hedgefunds have gone bust based on stupid mistakes.

someone can say this means if they failed with their 'experience' how much more a novice lone trader

while someone else can see such failure as a clear sign that there's no clear science to it.

thats what defines you as a serious trader.

or cos you were just talking as usual. so you're a dream crusher eh?

I'm a dream maker, as it happens. Kaygee knows.

I just know my post was right. Bare guys think there's some get rich quick scheme to life.

By all means trade, but at least know you're gonna spend a good few years doing it (or anything) before you see real success. Half of the dudes on here who talk about it aint even got proper jobs ffs.

im sure someone in that finance/trade thread has made some money by now

but all i remember was you laughing at it when it was made.

Yeah cos it made me laugh...what's your point?

The only serious guy was Doom, that was evident from day dot. Colin Turnover was also bang up to speed, but he's also not one of the Captain Planet/Woodpecker types who are aspiration thread tr0lls.

no surprises @ the second poster then.

/

so ur moving to kaygee now yea?

I knew it was only a matter of time before you logged out as Carpe and logged in as Marvell. Joke is, you would have said (or attempted to) say something pretty similar yourself, so jam your hype.

/

I knew it was only a matter of time before you logged out as Carpe and logged in as Marvell. Joke is, you would have said (or attempted to) say something pretty similar yourself, so jam your hype.

ayo, venom, now carpe, sweet. joke is i wouldnt have said anything similar to you, only to deserving people

such as your cuntish self. you trawl the forum hiding as a hardworking lawyer, writer, boxer, rent-a-fighter, and comedian cum motivator

making it your passion to always run into threads that have anything to do with Real life asiprations.

if people wanna talk sh*t about what they aspire to be, let them.

who else will perch his seat in the vacancy / uni thread [even though you claim you work] just talkin same sh*t day in day out

u jam YOUR hype mate, f*ck*ng tea boy token.

mock trade for 2 months first if ur actually going to do it

i don't trade for myself i trade for a fund so i don't know how you guys do it. we are a small commodity fund with 8 traders working full time, and this is how we have done it when someone is new.

make sure you have a pnl and enter all of your mock trades into your pnl for 2 months, take it seriously and always take the worst price. because more often than not that is the price your gonna get filled at. i don't know how relevant techincal analysis is with forex but i know that i would not be able to trade without charts, so make sure you understand what your charts mean. you should be able to read a candlestick chart and spot basic patterns like heads and shoulders, triangles, wedges and flags.

you can create your own simple pnl on an excel spreadsheet and if/when you get more advanced you can probably pay someone to design one for you with macros for options/spreads and all the other good sh*t.

once you've seriously mock traded for 2 months see where you stand. if you are flat not including comms, well done. i highly doubt you'll be flat, but if you are then go for it. if you are down a couple grand and you have the disposable income to sustain a similar loss in real life trading then go for it. if you are up a significant amount you have either cheated yourself or been very lucky.

once you move from mock trading to real life its a completely different experience. i think i was 25k up after mock trading 1's and 2's in my first 3 weeks. my first 3 weeks and infact 3 months of real life trading were a completely different story and one of the most harrowing experiences of my life. luckily i wasn't losing any of my own money and my fund could sustain my losses which were tiny in comparison to the pnl swings that my colleagues experienced in the space of a few seconds.

/

ayo, venom, now carpe, sweet. joke is i wouldnt have said anything similar to you, only to deserving people

such as your cuntish self. you trawl the forum hiding as a hardworking lawyer, writer, boxer, rent-a-fighter, and comedian cum motivator

making it your passion to always run into threads that have anything to do with Real life asiprations.

who else will perch his seat in the vacancy / uni thread [even though you claim you work] just talkin same sh*t day in day out

No, just no. I'm not a lawyer and I don't ever know where that idea came from - I merely studied law and got 24k worth of scholarships to do so. Nor am I a rent a fighter lols (I'm happy to hold an event where everybody on here gets three minutes to KO me without me hitting back, in fact it could be a fundraising event. I bet my life not one of you would land a clean shot - the challenge is there).

I've already said, if you want to actually know what I do and live a day in my shoes then feel free to PM me. The speculation can end within a few keystrokes.

I help people that are real. My inbox is full of PMs from people on here. Woodpecker, Captain Planet et al are all delusional retards so I stamp them in their place with a few harsh truths.

/

I never called you Ayo. You're Carpe and/or Venom. Everyone knows it. The guy who uploaded fake pics of himself on two separate occasions.

/

No, just no. I'm not a lawyer and I don't ever know where that idea came from - I merely studied law and got 24k worth of scholarships to do so. Nor am I a rent a fighter lols (I'm happy to hold an event where everybody on here gets three minutes to KO me without me hitting back, in fact it could be a fundraising event. I bet my life not one of you would land a clean shot - the challenge is there).

I've already said, if you want to actually know what I do and live a day in my shoes then feel free to PM me. The speculation can end within a few keystrokes.

I help people that are real. My inbox is full of PMs from people on here. Woodpecker, Captain Planet et al are all delusional retards so I stamp them in their place with a few harsh truths.

/

I never called you Ayo. You're Carpe and/or Venom. Everyone knows it. The guy who uploaded fake pics of himself on two separate occasions.

im not marvell or venom, but you're just a weirdo claiming to be smarter than you probably are

i have no need to PM you, nor care about your shoe size. you are way too concerned about what people do. I even remember you adding me on msn constantly hassling about what i was doing, thought nothing of it, (presuming you are grey fox...which eveyone DOES know)

but now its clear you're just weird,