So. Are we boys? Are we men? Or something in between...

Michel Kane

read this a few days agoshe has 'some' valid points tbhin our society there is no hurry to grow up, and applies to females aswell (Nas, Stillmatic: 2nd Childhood)everyone is living in their bubble until a time comes when reality hits hardbut this comment sums it up for me:maybe if she ditched that dumb *ss hair cut she'd have more luck finding a "real man." and what exactly is the definition of a "good" or "real" man. didn't anyone tell her that the Disney channel wasn't real and relationships take work? Mr. right doesn't just exist in cookie cutter form for you to stumble upon one lovely afternoon. real men are made one day at a time, through trial and error and precious experience. this whole article is just diarrhea of the pen.c.s social, kapitain etc. my niggas

• Upvote 1

Thing is people lack direction because they were never taught the importance of it or never taught to focus on that part.The focus for the youth is on the resentment of a father not there (even if it is cos he's working) or the emotional instability of their mothers. What I mean is people are fixed on how they feel. Klitscho is right, it's become a pursuit of pleasure not happiness and people genuinely think that that pleasure will lead to long term happiness.At the same time though for the writer to slate males in their twenties for not "manning up" when the limbo state of things leaves alot of men in that age bracket hunting simple entertainment for lack of a better option.Nursery>Primary>Secondary>College>University then onto the career. But wait there are no jobs in your field so now you have to go and get any job and your 25 years old. And that's if you follow the way they want you to do things. The system literally leaves you in that limbo cos I supremely doubt that most guys 25+ are trying to lead that 18 year old lifestyle. People look for other ways to break that cycle or the monotony of that limbo, so they'll get a job that covers their expenses, continue in education or have the misfortune of having a child while in that limbo state. Though having a child can usually be enough to give someone direction even if they don't have the means with which to pursue it.

• Downvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I dont understand why you cant enjoy life, at the end of the day you have to do whatever it is that makes you happy. If settling down and having kids at whatever point in your life doesnt make you happy then why would you do that and inflict it on your new family. I dont see whats wrong with going out enjoying yourself etc and eventually you'll get to the conclusion that youre tired of life and would like to settle down and that would be your focus.We're not the same as we were 100's of years ago, we dont live in small villages that need to be populated and we dont have to hunt to get food, so obviously we have more time on our hands and maybe more freedom to choose what we actually want to do, so why not do that, why make life even harder for ourselves just because there are traditional choices.

I dont understand why you cant enjoy life, at the end of the day you have to do whatever it is that makes you happy. If settling down and having kids at whatever point in your life doesnt make you happy then why would you do that and inflict it on your new family. I dont see whats wrong with going out enjoying yourself etc and eventually you'll get to the conclusion that youre tired of life and would like to settle down and that would be your focus.We're not the same as we were 100's of years ago, we dont live in small villages that need to be populated and we dont have to hunt to get food, so obviously we have more time on our hands and maybe more freedom to choose what we actually want to do, so why not do that, why make life even harder for ourselves just because there are traditional choices.
What if we have been socially engineered to be dumb and have a liberal do what i want dont care about anyone else il get smashed on friday while someone in Ivory Coast is getting smashed by stones on fridayYou only enjoy these freedoms because brave people have thought for them, but they didnt fight for them in the way you have laid it out the total oppositeYou just sound like some any 16 year old who hates his parents but wanted to sound like a deep philosopher but you failed bro

What if we have been socially engineered to be dumb and have a liberal do what i want dont care about anyone else il get smashed on friday while someone in Ivory Coast is getting smashed by stones on fridayYou only enjoy these freedoms because brave people have thought for them, but they didnt fight for them in the way you have laid it out the total oppositeYou just sound like some any 16 year old who hates his parents but wanted to sound like a deep philosopher but you failed bro
haha nice, wish i was 16 still! Nah i think you read into what im saying too much or not enough, im not saying enjoy yourself at the expense of others (thanks for the guilt trip), what im saying is that to really put everything you have into a committed relationship, kids etc you almost have to have enjoyed your life and then realise what you really want i.e to settle down. I feel like a lot of younger people rush into marriage without really experiencing life and become unhappy and possibly divorce the partner eventually or if not are unfaithful (the divorce rate is 50% in the UK btw). Ive experienced long term relationships, short term relationships whatever and all these are experiences and the idea is you collect these experiences, learn about yourself and then choose what you really want out of life, you may not want a relationship at all, you may want to focus on your career, you may want to travel round the world. My point is settling down and getting married is just one part of life and if we do that first we close off a lot of other opportunities to learn about ourselves. Your point about people fighting for our freedoms what was the point in them fighting for it if we dont make a choice to free ourselves??Ps I havent lived with my parents for about 8 years but trust i dont hate them!
  • Upvote 1

It's because life is downhill after wife and kids for most people. We're the generation that is actually aware of this fact. Be single, have more money, pursue the things you want to and meet new girls all the time. It's the best way to live.Still, article sounds like typical male-hating bullshit. Pretty sure a man in his 20's became the youngest billionaire of all time not too long ago. You will never hear that about a woman. NEVERRRRRRRRRRR...

Got 5 sentences in and started screwing.You know what seriously f*cks me off? Females who have this notion that they're so much maturer than males of the same age yet when you hold a conversation with said females 9 times out of 10 you realise they have as very f*cked up sense of what maturity is. you know them girls when you were at school who were saying 'You're so immature, blah blah blah' cos she went out with some 24 year old or some sh*t, yet you could ask her the simplest question about what being an adult is about and realise she's clueless. How many males on here have had that initial experience with an older female where you're expecting her to be schooling you about certain things only to realise mentally she's not a million miles from females much younger?i could go on but I'm going to 5aside.
CO SIGN