This Would Be Quite Handy To Steal Someone Elses Song

Guest Supreme Allah

Guest Supreme Allah

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-12070508

Sampling music could soon be easier with software that extracts each musical instrument from an audio file.

Hit 'n' Mix takes an MP3 or similar file and samples each constituent part.

It is then easy to use a computer to adjust the pitch or other properties of each instrument.

video on there, sorry i cant find a demo of it on youtube

• Upvote 3

melodyne is like auto tune on crack, you could re-pitch a chord with auto tune, but it will always be the same transposed chord, so you could transpose A minor to C minor if you wanted, but you would only ever have another minor chord, melodyne would supposedly let you convert it to a C major chord.

//

that stuff looks nuts, c/s afroman

i think £80 price tag says a lot about the product, i don't think it's aimed at the 'pro' end of the market so it will be interesting to see how useable the results will be. If it was a really capable product they could take this so much further than just trying to entice bedroom producers into buying it, post production and re-mastering would benefit massively from this kind of technology if it was good enough to use.

• Upvote 1

i think £80 price tag says a lot about the product, i don't think it's aimed at the 'pro' end of the market so it will be interesting to see how useable the results will be. If it was a really capable product they could take this so much further than just trying to entice bedroom producers into buying it, post production and re-mastering would benefit massively from this kind of technology if it was good enough to use.

True, £80 is very very cheap for this kind of thing, Still cant wait to download it to see what its really like.