The purpose of the "Lench"

Davicious X

As more and more people become used to the term "Lench" it seems there should be a topic discussing not just the short term effects of mass "Lenching" as more and more people become attempted "Lenchers", but also the long term effects of Lench threads.

I haven't checked the number of in use accounts on this forum but I would readily imagine that your typical Lench would help keep the numbers down.

Now a new member joins, sees a topic of interest and goes in to read, learn or comment on the subject. "SMACK" the Lench trap is set off and the lols can commence. This can become pages of pages of what can only be assumed is riottus laughter as those used to the Lenchers have a field day on the unsuspecting noob.

Even those that are aware of the history of a serial Lencher can be ensnared by the trap.

Many of us have been caught out, some more than others as they fail to notice the pattern of a quality Lench and it is undoubtably funny as hell the watch them go and go, all the while an unsuspecting victim is left dazed and confused by what has occured.

It may take time for them to realise that a Lench thread is a setup for the unsuspecting for the purposes of lols. Now there's nothing wrong with that but what happens to said noob that has joined and been bombarded with what can only be described as attacks. Do they stay and try to understand what just happened or do they opt out? Maybe they won't close their accounts but returning is something they likely won't be rushing to.

Now obviously there are certain types of individuals you don't want in this forum and of course for those new folk that do go through the Lench mob process and do decide to stick around, it can almost seem like a right of passage, something your meant to go through.

I guess my personal concern is that the whole Lenching process will effectively have a forum grind to a halt simply because at some point the number of Lenchers will be at such a level that responding to a topic (Something your meant to do on a forum) is hesitated on because of the whole issue of what is effectively a time waster.

I will always post if I see a topic that I have any kind of interest to post in as I would hope everyone here would, but if a seriously titled topic is indeed a Lench thread or said topic descends into tr0llery and the number of those topics goes up, is the end factor of what happens with this forum that nobody takes any subject matter seriously so nobody bothers coming back?

Should more be being done to lock threads that become this kind of chaos?

My apologies for another long long long long read if you made it this far.

And my specific apologies to Lens in repeatedly using his name throughout this post. It was not a direct attack on you or your character, though obviously it might look like it was. Your home is at risk if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.

Haha small print :) yeah only I found it funny, never mind. Let the negathon commence

• Downvote 29

As more and more people become used to the term "Lench" it seems there should be a topic discussing not just the short term effects of mass "Lenching" as more and more people become attempted "Lenchers", but also the long term effects of Lench threads.

I haven't checked the number of in use accounts on this forum but I would readily imagine that your typical Lench would help keep the numbers down.

Now a new member joins, sees a topic of interest and goes in to read, learn or comment on the subject. "SMACK" the Lench trap is set off and the lols can commence. This can become pages of pages of what can only be assumed is riottus laughter as those used to the Lenchers have a field day on the unsuspecting noob.

Even those that are aware of the history of a serial Lencher can be ensnared by the trap.

Many of us have been caught out, some more than others as they fail to notice the pattern of a quality Lench and it is undoubtably funny as hell the watch them go and go, all the while an unsuspecting victim is left dazed and confused by what has occured.

It may take time for them to realise that a Lench thread is a setup for the unsuspecting for the purposes of lols. Now there's nothing wrong with that but what happens to said noob that has joined and been bombarded with what can only be described as attacks. Do they stay and try to understand what just happened or do they opt out? Maybe they won't close their accounts but returning is something they likely won't be rushing to.

Now obviously there are certain types of individuals you don't want in this forum and of course for those new folk that do go through the Lench mob process and do decide to stick around, it can almost seem like a right of passage, something your meant to go through.

I guess my personal concern is that the whole Lenching process will effectively have a forum grind to a halt simply because at some point the number of Lenchers will be at such a level that responding to a topic (Something your meant to do on a forum) is hesitated on because of the whole issue of what is effectively a time waster.

I will always post if I see a topic that I have any kind of interest to post in as I would hope everyone here would, but if a seriously titled topic is indeed a Lench thread or said topic descends into tr0llery and the number of those topics goes up, is the end factor of what happens with this forum that nobody takes any subject matter seriously so nobody bothers coming back?

Should more be being done to lock threads that become this kind of chaos?

My apologies for another long long long long read if you made it this far.

And my specific apologies to Lens in repeatedly using his name throughout this post. It was not a direct attack on you or your character, though obviously it might look like it was. Your home is at risk if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.

Haha small print :) yeah only I found it funny, never mind. Let the negathon commence

bruv, there comes a time when a man must wake up and say to himself: "im nearing 40 yrs of age, do i really still need to be on an 'urban forum' where the avg age is 20"

you're cool, but your age is telling. such analysis and all that is only a sign of your real maturity telling you to move on to other pastures.

BBC have good forum debates, as do the guardian.

• Upvote 4

Guest M12 Part 2

Man wrote an actual essay on Lens f*ck*ng hell.

/

You're another one who falls under that Justin umbrella that i cant tell whether you're a top level tr0ll or just mentally under-developed

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

long read

gandalf just dont bother next time

the topic wiill just get febreezed again

can kinda see what your saying though however, if u dont take peoples comments to heart, u will survive on here

u just gota man up and prepare for battle...

• Downvote 5