SQUAD OF COWARDS ED BY THE BIGGEST 1

Aquaman

Guest Klitschko

Birmingham are hard to break down on the best of days, they've only let in 10 more goals than United this year, and have the 4th best number of clean sheets in the leagueAdd it to the fact their strength was set plays, and Arsenals weakness was set playsAdd it to the fact even though it was a cup final, it was THEIR cup Final....they were more up for it and understandably soIt was never going to be a walk in the parkThe same areas in the gunners team that needed strengthening 2 weeks ago, need strengthening now, but this isn't a particularly shocking result imo, nothing new has been revealed

• Upvote 2

team selection/wrongsubs
Elaborate please.I PERSONALLY wouldn't have gone with Rosicky. I would have started with Bendtner on the right, but something told me because he's NEVER won a trophy with us he was just going to start. But even then, what difference would that have made?With the exception of that error, and again this is all if's and but's which mean f*ck all, extra time, that team out there with B52 and Chamakh up top and that midfield would have been too strong. RVP was clearly injured, selection and subs wise, you might have gone with Diaby? Does he really deserve to start considering his last game?Rosicky should have shot instead of trying to slide in Chamakh. I maintain, Wilshire put in a shift today, the rest is down to them on the pitch.

what difference would it make? ok what difference would it make iffolks like you are a cancer you only see the goal and feel to brush off the remainder of the performance.rosicky was sh*t all game and he wasnt the only 1 and that he managed to not only start but complete 90 mins amazes me.at cipher course it was never going to be easy, brum did exactly what i expected and yes we were unlucky/ fluke goal but in finals you make your own luck subs and decisions are vital and we failed, end of story.chamakh on for arshavin :D the same arshavin he constantly praises same 1 who set up our only goal? our leading assister?so wenger got it right is what you are saying, sorry but you lose = you got it wrong

Guest Klitschko

I c/s you on that and I said the same thing - although nowadays Song being a defensive midfielder (although against Barca perhaps he was) seems to have gone out the window, there isn't really one in the team.

Guest Klitschko

Why would he do that? Birmingham were hardly threatening from the middle of the park, their main objective in midfield was to be solid, tight, compete and support Zigic if they could, they were essentially playing 5 in midfield to stifle Arsenals attack, I'm not sure what you want Song to do about that.

Guest Klitschko

I doubt the set peices from Larrson would be any less dangerous than the corners, I can't honestly see how conceeding freekicks against a team with a player very good at delivering from dead balls, and a 6'8 striker, would ever be a good thing, especially as their only threat remember, was from set-peices. If anything keeping the ball in play was to your advantage.An indirect freekick can still be whipped in to the box, so that would have made little difference.The problems started when Van Persie was forced to come off, and Arshavin was substituted for a striker, which meant Birmingham no longer needed to stifle you to such an extent in midfield, and could afford to put an extra striker - Martins (who eventually got the winning goal) on.

definitely knee jerk happening in herewe werent complaining about personnel when we beat barca, when we beat chelseathese players are good enough, its a mentality thing and to certain extent selection by le profrosicky no way should have started, i woulda gone with b52 you can say what you want but he is a threat you saw when he came on he had a good couple of chancesiobviously the cup woulda been nice but every cloud...this could have some positive side effects as well you never know there might be some cutthroat performances on the horizon, players being more hungry etc

• Upvote 1

How can this be knee jerk after 6 years?It isn't knee jerk when the obvious reason for our failings over the years have been mainly our defensive unit (including defensive mid & goalkeeper).We can talk about beating Barca & Chelsea but we can also talk about losing to Tottenham, West Brom, Birmingham and setting a new record by alling Newcastle to come back.

How can this be knee jerk after 6 years?It isn't knee jerk when the obvious reason for our failings over the years have been mainly our defensive unit (including defensive mid & goalkeeper).We can talk about beating Barca & Chelsea but we can also talk about losing to Tottenham, West Brom, Birmingham and setting a new record by alling Newcastle to come back.
Yet we're still second in the league 4 points behind the leaders

knee jerk coz its not end of season still 3 cups to play forcome end of season then talk

Ohhhhhhhhhh so yet again we should ignore something because we're in other cups.Its the same sh*t year round with Wenger and you type of fans. During the season you back him and the team saying we're still CHALLENGING lets wait till the end.We wait till the end, watch as our players get injured, show no heart and f*ck up the whole season then back Wenger saying we've MATURED.