battlefield 3

Francis Coquelin

Fan base of cod is made up of 12-15 yr olds

really cant get my head around the longevity of such a game if all you do is play team deathmatch and just frag all day

not to mention MW3 will offer nothing new just an updated MW2

You will find the people who will move over to BF3 are those that are bored and want something different and definitely more involving

Swear down all cod is aim shoot and whoever aimed the quickest will get the kill

no real skill required

Meh im an old school FPS player from CS:S/BF2 days hence the rant.

Fan base of cod is made up of 12-15 yr olds

This is a big gripe with COD for me. Had enough of the racist, ignorant, plain dumb squeakers. Every time you play theres some annoying bastard in the lobby.

really cant get my head around the longevity of such a game if all you do is play team deathmatch and just frag all day

Yeah I don't understand the fun behind that too. I like objective matches, only game modes I enjoyed in COD was Domination (blops) and SnD (MW2). Main reason why I was looking at BF3 this year instead of MW3 was because of the team based games. But no point if people on my friendlist arent buying, theres no team to play with.

Swear down all cod is aim shoot and whoever aimed the quickest will get the kill

no real skill required

I wouldn't say that. Getting good at COD has a lot to do with knowing the map inside out. Knowing the traffic patterns, the popular routes (especially in SnD) and positioning yourself in a advantageous position. Getting the upper-hand via positioning is the main thing since player health is so low.

I do know where your coming from though, the game is extremely friendly to new players. You could get the game on release, and play a good amount of time, get pretty good yet get out gunned by a player who bought the game 2 hours ago. That would never ever happen in a game like Streetfighter or Halo.

• Upvote 1

no real skill required

I wouldn't say that. Getting good at COD has a lot to do with knowing the map inside out. Knowing the traffic patterns, the popular routes (especially in SnD) and positioning yourself in a advantageous position. Getting the upper-hand via positioning is the main thing since player health is so low.

I do know where your coming from though, the game is extremely friendly to new players. You could get the game on release, and play a good amount of time, get pretty good yet get out gunned by a player who bought the game 2 hours ago. That would never ever happen in a game like Streetfighter or Halo.

BF3 is a much more tactical, thoughtful game. If you're a proper first person shooter player, you'll thrive. If you expect arcade gameplay, you'll become a number in somebody's killstreak.

People in Battlefield actually understand concepts such as 'cutting the pie', flanking, etc. When I played Bad Company 2 I really liked the fact that people co-ordinate. That is not to say everyone co-ordinates, but inter-squad co-ordination is something you don't really get in CoD. There's been plenty of times where I've popped up as an MVP Player or been in the Ace Squad. A shitty team can be pulled through by a good squad or two, which is the nice thing about it.

I don't play for kill/death ratios, I prefer having an objective to play towards. Been capping bare M-Coms in BF3, usually 3 in a game if I play. Smoke grenades are the fucking one, I'm telling you. Pop, pop, pop, squad runs into the smoke, pop, plant, pop. Same way for defense, M320 Smoke >>>>

Not a big fan of the lack of destructible scenery, hope there's a bit more to be seen in the full release. Medic you should still cop bro, fuck you bredrins, they'll pick it up eventually.

Shame it's only 24 players, really affects the pace of things. 64 player PC is gonna dominate though!

Map knowledge & positioning = My weakness

One thing i like about blops is the theater mode. I've watched quite a few of your videos and picked up a few things

could only watch 1 min the guy is a joke. over trying on the commentary side but

wtff is that a shotty? reminds me of the fal w/shotty from mw2. the range was x2 of the spaz, but weak as fuck.

/

the way people somehow fly when you shoot them is fuckkkkked :lol:

shot a guy yday and his body flew up across the map like a rocket :rofl:

After analyzing the data from our first round of closed Caspian Border tests, we have great news for participants in the Battlefield 3 PC Open Beta: the DICE team has decided to bring back Caspian Border for the beta’s final weekend and conduct an open large scale test of the 64 player Caspian Border map.

*****Please keep in mind that as this is beta we will be stress testing our servers***** As such, users may experience crashes, network instability and outages as we roll out and configure servers and network utilities. Understand that such potential issues and the testing environment are not reflective or indicative of the final product and that, through your participation, you will be helping to ensure future stability and functionality.

As we are again specifically testing 64-player server configurations, this test will be for PC only. The Caspian Border servers will be available for all PC players to join. Caspian Border will be available starting Friday, October 7th, in the afternoon (CET).

yessss

could only watch 1 min the guy is a joke. over trying on the commentary side but

wtff is that a shotty? reminds me of the fal w/shotty from mw2. the range was x2 of the spaz, but weak as fuck.

/

init lool man just bounces off the floor from a shotgun bullet, but not as funny as those bodies tht literally skid across the whole map :D :D

but tht gun is broken man, part shotgun part sniper wtf with a silencer n acog with some major recoil^)

• Upvote 1

Top 10 Battlefield 3 Open Beta issues and how we are addressing them

We’re more than half way through the open beta and thrilled to see so many people still enjoying the game while continuing to give us great feedback. As part of our dedication to showing you how your feedback is directly affecting and improving Battlefield 3, here are the latest Top-Ten Community Issues that we’re addressing.

1. Squad issues: Cannot play with friends within same squad, squads get split up onto opposite teams, etc.

There will be improved squad functionality in the retail game (including but not limited to): the ability to create squads prior to launching into a game, sticking with your squad when joining a game and continuing together through future games (If team balance on the server allows it), inviting friends to a squad and changing squads once in game.

2. Regarding additional Open Beta content and fixes/patches for consoles, including PlayStation 3 issues with chat and party systems

While we would like to patch the Open Beta, DICE is currently focusing its available resources on polishing the retail game.

3. Will DICE have enough time to iron out everything by release?

Please see General Manager Karl Magnus Troedsson's blog post regarding this question.

4. Can we have ability to change settings/options before deployment into match on PC?

The ability to modify your settings via the deploy screen has been added into the retail game.

5. Issues with terrain stability and “falling into the map” on Operation Métro

This has been fixed for the beta via a server side update.

6. Kill cam sometimes zooms out too far or outside the map

This has been fixed for the launch of the retail game.

7. A bug that sometimes keeps some players from being able to sprint

8. Screen flickering/stuttering. Blue screen remains after respawn. Game locks up after deploying C4 (360)

9. Downed bodies appear to be dead, but are not

The DICE team has been looking into this issue – which is caused by a combination of incidents in a confined area - and are working hard to address the issue for the launch of the retail game.

10. Why is the hit detection seemingly different from Battlefield: Bad Company 2?

The netcode is one of the many things that we are testing as part of the Open Beta and is not necessarily reflective of the final retail game. The DICE team appreciates and has heard the feedback you’ve provided and is further optimizing online play.

/

M26 Mass with Darts!

Haven't seen anything about being able to change control layouts.

Has anyone played Caspian Border yet? The map is huge, feels like I'm in a real war...

Somehow spawned into a jet by accident and hadn't looked at the controls.. The way I blew it up while taking off lol