Kolo Toure - "I want to win like Charlie Sheen"

Admin.

Just Failed a drugs test and has been suspended from all football action.

More to follow............

• Upvote 1

f*ck off about recreational

bait performance enhancing

fat defender who relied on athletic abilities

>>>>athletes

wish i could dig up quotes from 06

Manchester City have suspended Kolo Toure following Football Association confirmation that the defender has failed a drugs test.

An 'A-sample' from the Ivory Coast international tested positive for a 'specified substance' and the case is now the subject of a legal process.

Toure is therefore set to miss at least Saturday evening's Premier League match against Wigan at Eastlands.

Roberto Mancini's City then face next week's Europa League first leg with Dynamo Kiev and the FA Cup quarter-final versus Reading.

A statement on City's official website read: "Manchester City confirm that the FA has informed Kolo Toure that an 'A-sample' provided by him has tested positive for a specified substance.

"As result of this, he has been suspended from participating in all first-team and non-first-team matches pending the outcome of the legal process.

Punishment

"There will be no further comment from the football club at this stage."

The World Anti-Doping Agency defines a specified substance as one that is "more susceptible to a credible, non-doping explanation".

The WADA punishment for such a positive test ranges from a warning to a two-year ban.

Toure joined City for £14million in 2009 to mark the end of a seven-year association with Arsenal.

The 29-year-old had been signed by Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger from Ivorian side Mimosas and he went on to captain the Gunners on a number of occasions.

Toure also served as City skipper under Mark Hughes until he was succeeded by Carlos Tevez for this season.

Marcotti Gabriele Marcotti

@

@george_powell Plenty take supplements. As far as I know, this was appetite-suppressant.

Told supplement packaging claimed "all natural" ingredients. May be part of his defence. Might mitigate punishment, but still in trouble.

1 hour ago

Kolo Toure: would guess given nature of offence, if B-sample positive, will get between 3 and 6 months

2 hours ago

RE: Kolo Toure. Important: 'specified substance' not performance-enhancing drug. Wd guess negligence: took supplement containing stimulant

Manchester City defender Kolo Toure failed a drugs test after taking a diet pill belonging to his wife, Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger said in a press conference on Friday.

Wenger has spoken with the former Gunners captain since news broke of his positive test for a specified substance.

"He wants to control his weight a little bit because that's where he has some problems and he took the product of his wife," said Wenger.

The 29-year-old moved to Eastlands in 2009 having spent seven seasons at Arsenal.

Wenger spoke of his character in glowing terms and insisted Toure's error was failing to check the legality of the product he took.

"I think it is a mistake. He was not cautious enough. I don't think there's a desire there to do something wrong and hide it," said Wenger.

"It is a complete surprise because I had Kolo Toure here for years, I brought him here.

"He is a boy who has a clean life. He's very honest living, always at home, a family man, and I don't suspect him at all to have taken drugs to enhance his performances.

Honest mistake.

taking a diet pill is a lot worse then sniffing coke

guy is cheating the system

there is no honest mistake in taking a supplement to help you lose weight

he is a fat f*cker looking to cut corners

every professional knows you consult your employer before taking anything

f*ck*ng disgrace should throw the book at him like they did to Maradona in '94

/

lol never ever been out paced ever.

• Downvote 1