Greenwich Uni Has The Most Cheaters

Guest Supreme Allah

Guest Supreme Allah
London university tops cheats' league table

Greenwich University is top of the league table for cheats after more than 800 students were caught plagiarising, trying to bribe lecturers or buying essays from the internet last year, a survey shows.

At 80 universities questioned, 17,000 cases of cheating were recorded in 2009/10, up 50 per cent in four years.

There were cases of impersonation, the use of unauthorised technology and at least one case of a pupil "trying to influence a teacher or examiner improperly". Students also submitted work that contained identical errors, or with sections copied from Wikipedia.

One student was caught with cheat notes on an MP3 player during an exam. Another had written crib notes on tissues. Two undergraduates falsified a mentor's signature on practice assessment documents.

Many institutions reported students buying course work from internet-based companies offering "guaranteed first-class honours" essays for up to £150 a time.

While Greenwich reported 838 instances of cheating, East London University had 733 cases, mainly plagiarism. At Kingston University 14 students were caught out when their mobile phones rang in the examination hall.

Professor Geoffrey Alderman of the University of Buckingham, a critic of falling standards in higher education, said: "I think it is a pretty depressing picture."

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23929408-london-university-tops-cheats-league-table.do

how you gonna try bride a lecturer? bet they offered like £20

i have seem some blatant exam cheaters at uni

first year, couple nigerian men i could hear them speaking from half way across the hall, i could actually feel the vibrations of their deep voices

and they swapped seats at one point

dnt know how they never got caught

then in a nex exam all the pakistani students were there talking to eachother in their normal voices, not whispering but in their language during the exam

nothing happened

they were talkin so loud it was distracting

Almost got caught cheating in my first year, had bare equations written on a bit of paper in my pencil case, guy picked it up and held if notes down to check my calculator was Uni assessed. Felt like crying when he had it in his hand, thought he'd clocked. Never again

• Upvote 1

Guest THEREALTULSE

You're only cheating yourself,

When the time comes to get a job and you can't remember any equations, you'll have about a month before you're out.

• Downvote 1

Almost got caught cheating in my first year, had bare equations written on a bit of paper in my pencil case, guy picked it up and held if notes down to check my calculator was Uni assessed. Felt like crying when he had it in his hand, thought he'd clocked. Never again

Lol, some Mission Impossible suspense

Guest Supreme Allah

speakin of exams

during like GCSE's did anyone have the guys that just i dunno couldnt do the exam so they start makin random noises?

in one of the english exams someone farted, everyone was just tryin so hard not to burst out laughin

I know nobody likes doing essays but trying to cheat is a mugs game. From where they can check for plagiarism with a simple program you know you need to be smarter than that.

Seriously don't know why some people bother paying all that money for uni if they're just going to undersell themselves.

also :lol: at people actually copying wholesale from Wikipedia.

Guest Sun Tzu

not uni but during a levels we had this work about nuclear fission during physics

most people got B's and C's but this one dipsy indian girl got an A and was squealing with excitement. the teacher is all smiles (as he usually was tbh) and told her to come to the front and read out her work, which she was more than happy to do. she gladly skipped to the front of the class and began reading her work whilst unbeknownst to her my man had loaded up the wikipedia page on the interactive whiteboard...

:lol:

giggling turned to full blown laughter before he absolutely switches tells her to turn around and starts going in, screwing up her work in the process

since then plagiarism ain't been suttin i consider

• Upvote 1

speakin of exams

during like GCSE's did anyone have the guys that just i dunno couldnt do the exam so they start makin random noises?

in one of the english exams someone farted, everyone was just tryin so hard not to burst out laughin

yep, had a few ppl like this just nuff random noises after like half an hour....just didnt even try to finish the paper

I remember one time it got so bad a few guys sitting right at the back of the hall slapping up sum guy in the back of the head with their pencil cases, rulers, rubbers (those massive ones) pencils etc.....the guy balently wanted to cry but had to keep silent in fear of getting kicked out the exam

the amount of silent giggles from that was crazy..bare ppl trying not to laugh out loud

not uni but during a levels we had this work about nuclear fission during physics

most people got B's and C's but this one dipsy indian girl got an A and was squealing with excitement. the teacher is all smiles (as he usually was tbh) and told her to come to the front and read out her work, which she was more than happy to do. she gladly skipped to the front of the class and began reading her work whilst unbeknownst to her my man had loaded up the wikipedia page on the interactive whiteboard...

:lol:

giggling turned to full blown laughter before he absolutely switches tells her to turn around and starts going in, screwing up her work in the process

since then plagiarism ain't been suttin i consider

That's beyond cold blooded. :lol: