The Runners Society

Guest THEREALTULSE

Or use the google maps measurement tool to measure ur route distanceI've been running 3-4 km every day now Only because I'm at my uni flat, the area is nice and quiet theres trees and its next to a big field so the air is goodAlso my road is approximately a 1000m loop so every lap is a km which is liveRunning in london is sh*t though went for like 2.5km yesterday and I could feel the burn in my throat and chest

• Upvote 1

try to do 4-5 miles, 5 times a week. I love it, it's liberating, especially now the weather is nicer, thinking of running further but I don't want to end up with a kenyan long distance runner physique
Just protein up after a run, 4 scoups of Hurricane XS.
cheers man, ordered some earlier

• 3 weeks later...
protein up after a run?!?not a good idea if im aiming for fat burning?
every time you workout u should keep ur muscle fed, you want to burn fat not lose muscle mass.post workout some whey protein and a little honey is a good idea.also in your diet generally you still want a high protein intake, you just want less calories now (which is where it gets tricky)

Guest Lemons

I started running a couple of months ago. I run in the gym which is a bit lame but it's the only way I know I'll do it.I was running 4K's before and then cycling 6/7 (25 minute run, 15 minute on bike) but now I'm running (as of Saturday) for half an hour and covering around 6K. Not that great yet but I'm building up to running 10K in an hour hopefully 2-4 times a week.

i need to do more running also...im on this no carbs ting... eating the right food so far has not really been hard... they say you can eat as MUCH fatty/protein/low-low carb foods you want to your hearts content...before someone like me would need about 200+grams of carbs to bulk up... now im eating food which has between 0 to probably 8g carbs... probably a total of about 30-50g carb a day maybe...im beginning out so ill be starting out doing 10 min average runs on the treadmill (speed it was on was 7.0)... maybe increasing to 15 next week3/4 times a week... hopefully my fat weight will go down in about 2 months ish

I started running a couple of months ago. I run in the gym which is a bit lame but it's the only way I know I'll do it.I was running 4K's before and then cycling 6/7 (25 minute run, 15 minute on bike) but now I'm running (as of Saturday) for half an hour and covering around 6K. Not that great yet but I'm building up to running 10K in an hour hopefully 2-4 times a week.
6k in 30 minutes is good still.Infact if your doing that now you can probably do 10k in a hour now.

Lol. Trust me you can.I run for a hour - I do roughly or just over 6k inside 40 minutes, your doing that in 30 mins, I've never done it in 30 mins, then I finish harder doing 4k in the last 20 mins to get to my 10k.Trust me you can do it now, just maybe pace yourself a bit better.

Guest Lemons

Yeah, treadmill is mad bouncy and you're more running on the spot then you are propelling yourself forward (if that makes sense) so a lot easier, I'd probably drop by 30 sec per KM if I was outside.

• 4 weeks later...

Do most of my running in the gym....but gonna try running in the park againa few of my work colleagues take a lunch time jog around central london....dont get why they do this as its so busy....constantly having to dodge ppl and stopping ur run every now and again for traffic

Started running last week, first exercise Ive done since beginning of march,ankle was stiff at first but seems to ok, hopefully these runs will strengthen it up before pre-season starts next monthStarted on tuesday, and have done 6.4 miles so far in 3 runs, first one was 2.6 miles on some crazy terrain, left me in pain for the rest of the week but managed to bang out 1 .4 miles on thurs, then felt good on saturday and did another 2.6 with no pain at all the following day so i should be able to move on to more regular runs and gradually build up the distance over this month so get in around at least 15k a week.