The Runners Society

Guest THEREALTULSE

Attempted a 10m run last night.Have a specific 6m route that includes 1075ft elevations, beach, grass, pavement and gravel terrains.What I do now is walk that route every other day both morning and night and then run it.With a solid two weeks of that I attempted to run two laps? got a hench jumper on, t shirt, hat and 3 binliners and f*ck*ng no word of a lie the bin liners were nearly on fire lol, still I managed to do about 8 1/2 miles although I felt like a f*ck*ng don after it though , the buzz >

• Downvote 4

Guest M12 Part 2
You're right I wouldn't come find you because its not worth my time. Excited guy. Just anither tr0ll.
Bro most of your time is on this forumu will spend the next few years of ur life on hereof course im tr0lling because I can...but unlike any other stupid f*ck*ng prick on here i actually make it do what it do irl as wellnow go suck out ur 8 year old brother
What you said makes no sense. Stop acting up because your bored and go and "do what you do irl"Like I said to you on your last banned account. Your life ain't that good if you keep coming back here to get your kicks tr0lling the unemployed, stupid masses. Clearly something is missing in your life my friend.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just ran 8 milesrunning in the sun is a beautiful feelingKeep getting this pain on the right side of my ribcage, apparently i've strained the intercostal muscle
I seen your pictures and your pretty fat.download runkeeper and track your runs because I dont believe mrd belly buster can run 8miles.
LOL taking man for any zangieftulse wht's your runkeeper profile

• 3 weeks later...

As long as your doing intervals, I dont think it would make a differenceI tend to do it on a treadmill/Starting to love long distance running now, the feeling when you have done 5k is so sick Rocky 4 soundtrack in your ears sweat dripping off you, cant beat it.Whats the fastest you lot run a mile, done my fastest on Friday (on treadmill) 6.37

• 2 months later...

I've started running outdoors now as opposed to treadmill stuff and it's working much better - enjoying it a lot more.

I started just doing a 30 minute run and did 5.9K, now I'm running 6K in under 30 minutes and finding it a lot easier.

I'm going to try and get my 1K splits down to 4'50 from 5 minutes and then up it to 7K.

Feeling good, Nike+ is a real motivation, I love seeing all the stats etc and having the prompts as to how far I've run etc.

so right lads got the nike sensor ting so i can time my runs on my ipod now

my stamina is shocking at the moment

so what times should i be looking at now giving that i dont think ill be able to run a long way

and what should i aim for over the next 6 weeks or so.....

safe.

Just looked at my run keeper,

the first run i did this summer (after being out 4 months with ankle ligaments) was a 4k which probably a bit long for my first run

did it in 25.30 and i was sick straight after :lol:

did the same run 4 weeks later and did it in 23.13 so over 2mins quicker (did 7 runs inbetween varying from 1.8k to 6.8k)

you done a marathon and a half ?

the only thing with running is

i get bored quick

i get bored quick

Same here man, I really struggled with running in the past. That's why i like Nike+, getting updates as to your speed and how long you've got left makes it interesting I think.

(I think he meant 6-8K).

i get bored quick

my bad, 6.8 k,

i havnt been running no where near as much since the season started,

Im jumping on this as well.

Medial ligament damage forced me to stop football and hit the gym. It’s a chance for me to improve my stamina as it has always been shockingly bad anyway while I was playing footie.

Also the fact that I get bored real quick running long distances was always a huge hindrance.

Anyways

Previously on a treadmill the longest I ever ran was like 4k in about 20 minutes, that was only because I started on level 12 (12kph) and bumped it to level 16 coz I got bored and tired myself out

So when I went gym the other day, for the first time I though fuck it. Let me pace myself and see how far I can go

Level 8 (Dont laugh) for 35 mins..... not a problem. was pretty chuffed coz no hype that was the longest I have ever ran in one setting.

Next time I went gym I tried level 9.5 and lasted 35 mins again. This time felt more comfy

Then last sunday I though fuck it let me try 10k. Did it on level 10.5 the whole way through which is 57 minutes. Was mad boring but felt well chuffed in the end. Thing that smacks it is that I didnt feel that tired, wasnt pushing myself that much so still had loads left in the tank.

Might try it again soon and try and push myself and see what I can do, will keep you updated

/

Based on the above im gonna enter the London 10k next year, being Olympic year and all looks like its gonna be epic

http://www.thebritish10klondon.co.uk/

50 Squid to enter

Gonna train for it and see how it goes. My initial aim is to get 45 minutes but still early days yet

Anyone else looking to get involved?

im gonna enter the London 10k next year, being Olympic year and all looks like its gonna be epic

http://www.thebritish10klondon.co.uk/

50 Squid to enter

Gonna train for it and see how it goes. My initial aim is to get 45 minutes but still early days yet

Anyone else looking to get involved?

I'm involved.

*waits for pay day*.

Had another go yesterday at the 10k on the treadmill

Eventually ran 11k in just under 55 mins and the 10k split at just over 50 mins.

Was actually surprised considering I have only started training properly for around 2/3 weeks now, before that I wasn't doing much.

Fair enough it was on the treadmill and I know doing the real thing is much harder however its a good platform for me especially at this stage of my training

Anyways im gonna stop running long distances for now and focus more on High intensity interval training mixed with bike/rowing/swimming/core training to increase my overall fitness/stamina/strength

Also I need to shed some weight I recently got measured as having a BMI of 26 and body fat percentage of 25%. Ideally I would like it to be around 18% but to be honest I dont know too much about this,

any advise from u man?

/

@lemons, also waiting for payday myself and im hearing that places are going fast so best not to sit on it.

Went way out of my comfort zone yesterday in the Gym.

TBH if I expect to improve then this is what I have to do every session coz blatantly I havnt been pushing myself enough

I did 5k on the treadmill today in 22 mins 15 secs, thats an average of 13.5 kph

Also had the incline on 2% to simulate hills etc

Was very tough no way would I have been able to sustain that for another 5k. And if I did then my time would have been 44.30 just around my aim time

Im no where near that at the moment.

To be continued