The Natural Disaster Thread

streets.

Guest Yilmaz

i saw someone's twitter saying "japan never gave a sh*t about anyone, they were too busy making toyotas and money, they're the 2nd richest country so i aint giving them sh*t"

Lopl

Wouldn't surprise me if they were your thoughts brah

• Upvote 3

Guest FIat Eric

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/video/sky-news-video/Video/201103215950717?lpos=video_Article_Body_Copy_Region_0&lid=VIDEO_15950717_sky-news-video

f*ck. This video shows the scale of the waves power

Half way through a person driving on a strip of road turns his/her car to face the on coming wave as if to say "is this me the end?". MADNESS

FOCKING HELL

That video was something else

first off you got some fat wave eating everything in its path

then the sh*t evolves like a pokemon and carries fire with it

and the part where that one guy is seen trying to run away from the wave f*ck

and where the wave hits a carpark and the cars just all wash away like toys f*ck

the guys on the highway with the water approaching on the side..man said "they become part of the debris" FFFFUUU

HOW ARE HOUSES GETTING SWEPT AWAY, FLOATING ON THE TING LIKE TOYS

was thinking the wave was gonna stop

BUT IT KEPT GOING

FFFFFUUUUUUUU

Rest in peace

will make a prayer for everyone out there

Guest Yilmaz

TBH, I'd avoid listening to Sky News during this entire period. Stupid motherf*cking news tr0lls will have you thinking it's coming here next.

/

I'm 99% certain Japan has prepared for this.

/

Anyone wanna find some live images of the quake zone right now?

• Upvote 1

Guest Yilmaz

I'm 99% certain Japan has prepared for this

watch the video and adjust that percentage

OK well, prob not that high. However, a country that sits on a fault line and one as rich as Japan is likely to have prepared for this in the best way it could have done. I'm not worried for them, I think they'll be just fine. Of course, RIP to the fallen.

Guest Yilmaz

Are you retarded? ''Japan are prepared for this''. How can you prepare for a tsunami?

Is this a level?

Are you seriously stupid enough to think that countries don't have natural disaster contingency plans?

#forumdumbness

• Upvote 3

i agree with yilmaz they prob had contigency plans

but these didnt work

and thus they didnt prepare enough

Of course they did

Why do you think there have been so few casualties? This earthquake is almost a HUNDRED TIMES more powerful than the one in Haiti, but only a few hundred people have died, whereas what, like 300,000 people died/disappeared after the Hatiain earthquake

It's one of the most powerful earthquakes ever recorded, obviously it's gonna do some serious damage, but if this had hit any of 95% of the world's other countries you'd be looking at armageddon in that country

Guest Awesome Kong

Tsunamis have the potential to travel at the speed of sound or faster. Find it would be really hard to be prepared for soumething like that tbh.

Guest Yilmaz

Tsunamis have the potential to travel at the speed of sound or faster. Find it would be really hard to be prepared for soumething like that tbh.

You should have read all of the posts above mate.

Guest Yilmaz

I know they're prepared for earthquakes (their architecture is built to withstand earthquakes), but tsunamis?

They can report them but how exactly does a nation defend itself against a tsunami? Build everything in really deep foundation and really strong material?

jfc

read

the

above

properly

• Downvote 1

Guest Yilmaz

Nah I ain't madbro.

Basically, they did everything they could for the earthquake, and I guess all they could for the tsunami (which in essence was simply getting the f*ck out of there as soon as they could).

Apparently the newsflashes (that come on automatically when their earthquake agency receive certain seismographic signals) saved innumerable lives as people did just that - got the f*ck out of the way.

Guest Supreme Allah

i agree with yilmaz they prob had contigency plans

but these didnt work

and thus they didnt prepare enough

Of course they did

Why do you think there have been so few casualties? This earthquake is almost a HUNDRED TIMES more powerful than the one in Haiti, but only a few hundred people have died, whereas what, like 300,000 people died/disappeared after the Hatiain earthquake

It's one of the most powerful earthquakes ever recorded, obviously it's gonna do some serious damage, but if this had hit any of 95% of the world's other countries you'd be looking at armageddon in that country

erm, im not too good on earthquakes

how it hundreds of times more powerful when it was an 8.9 and the Haitian one was 7.0?