Broadband

MEIRELES.

thats pain

but the guy did tell me that it can take up to 10 days for speeds to propagate (or whatever he said i wasnt really paying attention)

but mine hit the speed in my sig the first time he connected it to the comp, so i guess its down to the exchange/green box thingy (forget the term)

thats pain

but the guy did tell me that it can take up to 10 days for speeds to propagate (or whatever he said i wasnt really paying attention)

but mine hit the speed in my sig the first time he connected it to the comp, so i guess its down to the exchange/green box thingy (forget the term)

stabilise i think they say.

they fuck about with your connection to find the right balance with ur signal / noise ratio etc.  basically if they try and push data down the line too fast, there will be too many errors.  so the speed is adjusted until a happy medium between speed and reliability is found.

/

2379016364.png

"20 meg virgin broadband"

ye im on wireless at the other side of the house but i have full bars.

smh

upto*

Thats not even bad, mine is up to 14mb and look what i get.

2379073164.png

nah that's expected of through telephone wires though, if you're getting less than half on optic fibre you need a new provider

what did they estimate your speed at before you bought it?

Yeah - I'm on fibre.

(this is connecting via wifi)

Tbh I've no idea.  We've been with Virgin since 56k dial up (NTL).  Speeds been increased for free several times over the years.  One time a guy came out to fix the tv and was like 'oh you still have THAT old modem?'  gave us a new box and the speed went up.

Had a look at my account and boy...the deals new customers are offered shit all over what I'm on.

I need to speak to retentions. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...