Broadband

MEIRELES.

Guest 11 Bills

im sorry

theres just too much going on, I think BT are gona shut off my line soon

I hope I dont have any down time during the switch

• 2 weeks later...

Yea I download HD movies which are around 8-10 gigs each (which would work out at about 4 movies before using my allowance) But I hear that plusnet have a similar fibre optic deal with a 40 gig cap, but allow their users to download unlimited from midnight till 8 am

• 1 month later...

tbh u cuda just stuck with virgin and make sure you do all your downloading outwith the peak hours

capping is a bitch tho

if u breach ur limit 5 mins before the peak times end

you are still capped for however many hours even if its off peak

peak

download limit is sh*t though

they told me to move to double the allowance for an extra £5 a month

not exactly gonna work if by the 23rd I had downloaded 123GB is it?

they better not charge me more than that

only reason I went with them was because in October I can get fibre optic on this line, Im paying 5 something a month with £12 line rental atm (6 months free calls broadband + 6 months free line rental + £30 welcome credit) then when I upgrade itll be £10 more for 30mb

really didnt want to go with BT their charges seem kinda high

Talk Talk are kicking the negative reputation they've gained in the past few years.

It's been announced that their connection is only behind Sky and O2 in terms of speed and stability.

I was with Talk Talk for 6 years and they were sh*t for the whole time.

Constant disconnections, sh*t speeds and then on top of that they tried to introduce a bandwidth limit. Don't even get me started on their customer service.

"Hello my name is Michael"

Yeah course it is, just say your name is Harpreet or whatever.

lol yea it is pretty teribble, but their dumbness got me 6 months free

pretty sure I got the guy fired aswell

I gave the big talk about it not being about money, Id pay double for a decent customer service, I wanna cancel the order etc etc

they bit though after like 15 mins guy says "my supervisor says we can giv u 6 months free", i was like OK, after Id been arguin with them lol, prob could have got more but I didnt wanna risk it, BE wanted to give me 3 months, but £18 is alot for 8mb

need to do more sh*t like that,

Gonna change my broadband soon to Sky I think. Shame leaving O2 as they have been very solid but £18 a month they charge me and then BT charging £14 month line rental, where as Sky are doing Line Rental and 20mb 6months for £16 then £22 thereafter.

I'm currently with Sky and their service is on point. I got one of the new wireless 'N' routers that look like a mini sky box and my signal strength has always been 5 bars. Correct me if i'm wrong but Sky is also the only ISP that don't throttle your speed at peak times and has truely unlimited download. I was going to opt for BT's fibre optic deal, but their prices seems ridiculous given the fact that I was only quoted to receiving 27 Mbps which isn't that far off what i'm receiving on a ADSL2+ line. Only downside to Sky is their view on file-sharing.

Gotta give a shout out to sky for giving us free broadband for a year at uni (not there choice :lol:)

in 2nd year we paid for everything, tv, line rental, bb... but when we moved house in 3rd year sky was already installed so we just transfered over the billing for tv but cancelled all the other packages over summer,... but plugging in the router to the existing phoneline gave us free broadband so we never had to re add it onto the bill :Y:

fools.

Gonna change my broadband soon to Sky I think. Shame leaving O2 as they have been very solid but £18 a month they charge me and then BT charging £14 month line rental, where as Sky are doing Line Rental and 20mb 6months for £16 then £22 thereafter.

I'm currently with Sky and their service is on point. I got one of the new wireless 'N' routers that look like a mini sky box and my signal strength has always been 5 bars. Correct me if i'm wrong but Sky is also the only ISP that don't throttle your speed at peak times and has truely unlimited download. I was going to opt for BT's fibre optic deal, but their prices seems ridiculous given the fact that I was only quoted to receiving 27 Mbps which isn't that far off what i'm receiving on a ADSL2+ line. Only downside to Sky is their view on file-sharing.

O2 is pretty much the same, No problems at all with their Internet. Sky is just a cheaper option.

Just switched over to Sky now. O2 tried getting me to stay with some next deals but the guy told me the current deal I was on had no Fair Usage policy as it wasn't possible to do it when I signed up in 2008, where as now the fair usage is 100gb a month. Sky and Virgin are the only broadbands who give you truly unlimited usage. Sky cheaper aswell, hope their broadband is live or I will be displeased after leaving my current Premium Plan.

may be unlimited, but its probably throttled at peak hours

AFAIK Be dont do that, I spoke to them as I was cancelling and explain it, said it can be used as much as needed and they wont slow it down

was with them for a year, speeds didnt slow n I was never warned about approching or excluding a limit

this talk talk one is deffo throttled, but not by much, Ive used up 4 times my allowance

i am sick and tired of BT now...

constant internet dropping, constant capping of the speeds, constant this... constant that FFS

please tell me, what internet is fast that NEVER drops or get capped?

I WANT TO DOWNLOAD WHAT I WANT, WHEN I WANT WITH FAST SPEEDS

may be unlimited, but its probably throttled at peak hours

AFAIK Be dont do that, I spoke to them as I was cancelling and explain it

Dunno from most the reviews on DSLZone Sky seem to be getting rave reviews. They are currently ranked better than O2 as it stands. I never had any problems with O2, Loved their Broadband, reason am switching was because I wanted to change phoneline and get off BT, O2 Wouldn't allow me to join there phone line unless I took out one of their new Broabdand packages which has the Fair Usage (100gb per month) policy. They came up with other ideas to match the price Sky offered me saying if I take an O2 Sim card off them then I could keep my BT package but they would give me 6 months of my current broadband for Free and after that £13 a month. Still worked out dearer than Sky in the end and didn't resolve leaving BT so went with Sky. Will see how they are.