Broadband

MEIRELES.

i am sick and tired of BT now...

constant internet dropping, constant capping of the speeds, constant this... constant that FFS

please tell me, what internet is fast that NEVER drops or get capped?

I WANT TO DOWNLOAD WHAT I WANT, WHEN I WANT WITH FAST SPEEDS

The reasons you might be getting dropped speeds is because your ISP hasn't put your line at the best speed. Presuming your home set-up is done fine, line dropping is an indication of low noise margin, high noise attentuation while data is travelling faster than expected. Give them a call and get them to do a line test. I'd leave BT, their traffic shaping is enough to put me off.

• 6 months later...

Speed upgrade for all Virgin Broadband customers

Here’s some brilliant news for everyone who’s signed up to our fibre optic broadband: in one of our most ambitious projects ever, we’re going to be giving you all a speed boost!

If you’re currently on up to 10Mb, up to 30Mb or up to 50Mb broadband, we’ll double your speed. If you’re on up to 20Mb you’ll be tripled. And for those on Broadband 100, we’ll be boosting you up to a mighty 120Mb – a new benchmark as the UK’s fastest widely available broadband.

We want to make sure that Virgin Broadband stays the fastest in the UK, so that our customers can enjoy exciting online services like streaming HD movies and online gaming to the full.

From February 2012, our engineers will be working up and down the country, upgrading our fibre optic network area by area. It’s a massive job that will take up to 18 months to complete.

There’s no need to take any action for the time being. We’ll be in touch soon about when you can expect your area to be upgraded.

Anyone got BT infinity

Close to upgrading to them 'cause they have 10mb upload speeds!

Yep had it for a few months now. Very good the speeds are slick. Setting up my newsgroup downloads and i get a HD movie in 7 minutes.

does netflix or lovefilm have HD films and TV shows? id get fibre optic if it does

I know Netflix has a lot of HD stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

"We are currently investigating a problem that may be causing slow or intermittent broadband connection. We are working had to resolve the issue and will update this message when more information is available"

sorted now. it affected people nationwide, according to twitter.

anyone else getting shitty speeds from bt?

BRUV... FOR THE LAST GOD KNOWS HOW MANY WEEKS

IM TRYNA DOWNLOAD A 500MB PRAWN AND IT SAYS 3-4HOURS WTF...!?!?!?!?

i only started having issues this afternoon.