Apprentiships instead of uni...........

Kim

makes sense really, if your job role requires certain qualifications and extra experience then the right way to get into a job would surely

be to invest yourself into your chosen company, work to gain the qualifications whilst your moulding yourself into there company making yourself fit into the

job whilst your still training, but also earning at the same time.

why waste time going to uni now when certain companies are offering apprentiships

what are the benifits of uni nowadays??????

makes sense really, if your job role requires certain qualifications and extra experience then the right way to get into a job would surely

be to invest yourself into your chosen company, work to gain the qualifications whilst your moulding yourself into there company making yourself fit into the

job whilst your still training, but also earning at the same time.

why waste time going to uni now when certain companies are offering apprentiships

what are the benifits of uni nowadays??????

the knowledge you gain from reading for a degree.

so theres no debate here really, apprentiships are clearly more rewarding than uni.

which is evident from the most successful people in the world having done apprenticeships

Thats because in the most profit yielding fields they dont really do apprenticeship as they think it takes away from the prestige of the job

If places like Morgan Stanley, Barclays etc did start doing apprenticeships of course it would be better then spending 3 years doing a degree and nothing would stop you from becoming successful in the future

Its just the educational infastructure is not in place thats all

Thats just an eltist opinion but seeing your a mixed race yout raced around white people I can see how you reached this dumb opinion

so theres no debate here really, apprentiships are clearly more rewarding than uni.

which is evident from the most successful people in the world having done apprenticeships

Thats because in the most profit yielding fields they dont really do apprenticeship as they think it takes away from the prestige of the job

If places like Morgan Stanley, Barclays etc did start doing apprenticeships of course it would be better then spending 3 years doing a degree and nothing would stop you from becoming successful in the future

Thats just an eltist opinion but seeing your a mixed race yout raced around white people I can see how you reached this dumb opinion

hardly an elitist or a dumb opinion, I'm referring to the evidence - hence the line "which is evident.."

apprenticeships that are available are not more rewarding than the paths you can take after uni

obviously if a top firm offered you an apprenticeship it would be more rewarding, but they don't because they can have loads of people competing, pushing themselves harder through uni - why would they pay to put you through an apprenticeship when they can have you pay for your own training, and have the unis weed out those who can't handle it?

Dubby no point arguing. Just let them think they are right and everyone who goes uni is in debt and jobless like they read in The Sun

Never said that so you obviously did not read my post or even Dubbys previous post, that was not what we was talking about....

Have not read the sun for like 10 years still

Same way going uni and having a job and reading the times or independent gives you a better opinion

Im talking from someone who can relate to both sides

• Upvote 1

hardly an elitist or a dumb opinion, I'm referring to the evidence - hence the line "which is evident.."

apprenticeships that are available are not more rewarding than the paths you can take after uni

obviously if a top firm offered you an apprenticeship it would be more rewarding, but they don't because they can have loads of people competing, pushing themselves harder through uni - why would they pay to put you through an apprenticeship when they can have you pay for your own training, and have the unis weed out those who can't handle it?

Yeah you didnt read what I read either, thats a key skill to passing at uni, I think you should work on that skill fella

Your arguement was that nobody has been successful from an apprenticeship on a large scale and that only successful people do degrees

I said yes this is true, however it is true because the big industries such as banking and insurance do not offer apprenticeships but if they did what would stop those people from bineg more successful then some people with degrees. Uni was set up to educate the wealthy people so that they could pass their firms and capital onto their children when they do which is why the typical Oxbridge student has a nice background etc So of course its orgin is an inclusive one.....

You just sounded like you was patting ourself on the back