Festivals

Dubby

Yeah they were getting caught cos our camp was off site so they had to set a good example plus they make £200 off the confiscated deposit and any shifts work they dont pay kicked out people for-nice little earner for them and it said in our contract about tent searches and no bringing of illegal substances. I found someone else's tent number in my tent one day so think I may have been searched

Also, cos we had to go through the security check bit every time we wanted to enter the festival proper, bare guys thought they wouldn't get checked cos it was our company searching so just had in pockets etc

Once inside it was all bless, just had to be ingenious on how you got it in

Apparently 5-0 get excited about drugs at Bestival. Dogs in the camp and strip-searches and whatnot. Might have to give the dizzle a miss.

/

Yeah, 'course I'll be at Hyperdub's set.

smh @ Bjork being the 3rd headliner. I officially don't care about the headliners but might see Pendulum.

Can't wait for Snoop @ Int. Festival.

Going to Tomorrowland in Belgium at the end of July. Not something I'd usually pay for/go to, but my friend from Panama bought the remaining bundle tickets left (for 2 people) just so he could go. So he asked and I said yes. Everything all inc. with it.

Actually pretty excited considering I don't know 95% of the DJ's there :lol:

Yeah whatever, I like like one Pendulum tune so I said I may go see them. But I've gone through loads of Bjork vids and the only song I like is 'Its Oh So Quiet' which is a cover of someone else's song.

I was hoping for at least one headliner I would fully support, like Daft Punk or something, but I guess I'll have to be happy seeing some of the 30+ other acts I wanna see :)

There's gonna be another announcement of acts next week as well so hopefully another decent live hiphop act gets announced.

Bestival should be live gutted I'll be working

I advise to go through Portsmouth not Southampton cos there were loads of problems there last year.

Also, try catch a taxi from the port instead of the shuttle bus.

Don't remember police being over extravagant last year. Didn't see a single sniffer at Glastonbury most people hid the drugs in wellies

Yeah whatever, I like like one Pendulum tune so I said I may go see them. But I've gone through loads of Bjork vids and the only song I like is 'Its Oh So Quiet' which is a cover of someone else's song.

I was hoping for at least one headliner I would fully support, like Daft Punk or something, but I guess I'll have to be happy seeing some of the 30+ other acts I wanna see :)

There's gonna be another announcement of acts next week as well so hopefully another decent live hiphop act gets announced.

TBH, moretime I do a festival, I never end up seeing who I want to, just go with the flow and might end up seeing some new DJs/bands etc.

Guest Esquilax

Take a small wheely suitcase and hide it in your clothes inside loads of airtight sh*t

There's always a way

Lol at having dogs AT the festival, I can understand if it's at the train stations n sh*t but f*ck's sake

• 2 weeks later...

lovebox was niceeeee.....

vice stage got shut down when flying lotus was playing, niggaz rushed the door and some girl got trampled on apparantly.

but then flylo joined busy p and mehdi for the last set at ed banger stage. killed it. albeit only for like half hour.

sebastiAn was so sick aswell.

security wernt ramping neither.

caught a bit of p money, didnt dissapoint.

nothing to really complain about and to top it all of i got in for free so :Y:

lovebox was niceeeee.....

vice stage got shut down when flying lotus was playing, niggaz rushed the door and some girl got trampled on apparantly.

but then flylo joined busy p and mehdi for the last set at ed banger stage. killed it. albeit only for like half hour.

sebastiAn was so sick aswell.

security wernt ramping neither.

caught a bit of p money, didnt dissapoint.

nothing to really complain about and to top it all of i got in for free so :Y:

Was the Vice stage the thing that looked like some sort of fair ground ghost train?

Spent most of my time going between the Rinse and Ed Banger stages.

1 guy in the drinks tent was filling cups to 3/4s full with spirit and then adding a dash of mixer for the price of a single. Was overly waved.

On the way to grab some food was walking passed this small stage that was basically a caravan with a sound system, the girl dj'in dropped "Are You Really From the Ends", me and about 50 people went nuts.

• 2 weeks later...

Field Day anyone? *shruggs shoulders* Dunno why heads wanna reach, pretty sure all the names here I'd wanna see would be at Bestival anyway.

About Group

Actress

Alitrec

Anika

Anna Calvi

Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti

Baio (Vampire Weekend)

Benga & Youngman

Bloggers Delight DJs

Born Ruffians

Carl Craig Presents 69

Casper C

Chad Valley

Chimes

Clock Opera

Cloud Control

CocknBullKid

Connan Mockasin

Creep

Darkstar

Dollop

Double Denim Records

Ducktails

Echo Lake

Eat Your Own Ears DJs

Electrelane

Erol Alkan

Factory Floor

Farnborough Concert Band of the Royal British Legion

Faust

Givers

Glasser

Greenwich Tea Party

Gruff Rhys

Huw Stephens

Hype Williams

James Blake

Jamie Woon

Jamie XX

Jen Long

John Cale

John Mclvor

Jon Hopkins DJ Set

Junip

Justin Spear

Kieran Hebden B2B James Holden

Konono No.1

L-Vis 1990

Leather Boy

Mark Kozelek

Martin Creed

Matthew Dear

Matt Walsh

Michael Mayer

Mount Kimbie

NikNikNik

No Pain In Pop

Omar Souleyman

Oneohtrix Point Never

Pearson Sound

Roska

SBTRKT

S.C.U.M.

Sexbeat

Skull Juice

Spectrals

Stanley Schtinter

Star Slinger

Still Corners

Sun Ra Arkestra

The Bookhouse Boys

The Coral

The History of Apple Pie

The Horrors

The Sea and Cake

Tribes

Trophy Wife

Twin Shadow

Veronica Falls

Villagers

Visions of Trees

Warpaint

Wild Beasts

Willy Mason

Zola Jesus

Field Day wasn't worth the money even if it was half price for me, didn't catch Pearson Sound or Roska 'cause I came at like half 2.

Jamie XX and SBTRKT's sets probably were the best but the tent was way too small for the amount of people who wanted to hear, and the music was way too low for us to be able to feel it from where we were. The people started pushing to the front when it started raining. You're definitely right Lemon.

Mount Kimbie was good though, we managed to get front. The Horrors are the worst band I have ever heard in my life.

Baaaare hipsters lol.

• 3 weeks later...