Degale v Groves finally on May 21st

Guest Yilmaz

How you win a fight without landing a significant punch is beyond me.Degale landed the more significant punches, was the aggressor and had Groves in more trouble than he was ever in.Groves won it because he's a banger and boxed, the judges like the commentators didn't score the fight they scored reputations.

• Downvote 3

Guest Klitschko

Poor lateral movement from DeGale throughout, seemed real disturbed by the Crowds reactionI'm not sure why he was trying to shoulder roll from a southpaw stanceI'm more and more impressed with Adam Boothe

Guest Klitschko
How you win a fight without landing a significant punch is beyond me.Degale landed the more significant punches, was the aggressor and had Groves in more trouble than he was ever in.Groves won it because he's a banger and boxed, the judges like the commentators didn't score the fight they scored reputations.
I agree with this.

I agree with this.
I agree too but fam Groves threw more + landed more...

I agree with this.
I agree too but fam Groves threw more + landed more...
Was the margin of punches landed significant you could look past Groves hardly landing any power shots and say he won the fight by asserting his jab but the margin was very small. The significant punches were all landed by Degale. As soon as I heard the commentators talking as if 'Georgie' was putting on a master class because he wasn't swinging it out I knew how this fight was going to end.
  • Downvote 1

21 May 11 / 23:39 Bet Winnings James DeGale v George Groves – George Groves @ 3/1 + £300.00 O/3548200/0000004/F18 Apr 11 / 02:39 Stake David Haye v Wladimir Klitschko – David Haye On Points @ 7/1 - £50.00 O/3548200/0000019/F16 Apr 11 / 22:45 Bet Winnings Amir Khan v Paul McCloskey – Amir Khan By Decision or Technical Decision @ 11/4 + £180.75 TRIPPLE WHAMMY LETS GO

that moment where de gale starts jumpin and thinkin hes won was pricelessthis is his amir khan moment ... it might not be as brutal pysically but mentaly this could destroy de galehe needs to ditch that pikey c*nt jim mcdonnel and f*ck of to america .. khan should extend the olive branch
LolololololGroves fought a good fight, DeGale looked more dangerous but didnt do enough

Guest Klitschko

Tbh getting knocked out made Khan, it didn't destroy himBUt yes lol at the 'and stillllll undefeated' *degale jumps in joy then realises**cringe*

Cosign going to the US being the best move for Degale, his personality is too brash to fight here when you look at his fighting style.If he was straight banging man out and putting results beyond question it wouldn't matter but arrogance over here isn't appreciated at all so I reckon in close fights he'll always get decisions like tonight.

Part of scoring a fight is something called ring generalship. Groves showed better ring generalship throughout. I definitely eat loads of humble pie for my prediction, though I still thionk the fight was Degale's to win and he let himself down. This will probably be a blessing in disguise though.

Was watching the build up see groves training in miami with haye and that getting battered in sparring by american boxers then see de gale training at spurs lodge in front of king and defoei knew what time it was immediatelythis has done a lot for groves future but still think de gale will have a better future and probably knock out groves in the rematch(he has too tbh)

Was watching the build up see groves training in miami with haye and that getting battered in sparring by american boxers then see de gale training at spurs lodge in front of king and defoei knew what time it was immediatelythis has done a lot for groves future but still think de gale will have a better future and probably knock out groves in the rematch(he has too tbh)
good post.i didn't even see that, I would have drawn the same conclusionreminiscent of Haye's early demise, training in fitness gyms on running machines etc.

Part of scoring a fight is something called ring generalship. Groves showed better ring generalship throughout. I definitely eat loads of humble pie for my prediction, though I still thionk the fight was Degale's to win and he let himself down. This will probably be a blessing in disguise though.
Oh thanks for that, I wasn't aware what ring generalship was.He fought as a counter puncher and didn't land a significant punch in the fight, that isn't my idea of ring generalship. When Degale forced the tempo he came out of the exchanges better and when the pace of the fight was slow it was marginal who came out on top.

21 May 11 / 23:39 Bet Winnings James DeGale v George Groves – George Groves @ 3/1 + £300.00 O/3548200/0000004/F18 Apr 11 / 02:39 Stake David Haye v Wladimir Klitschko – David Haye On Points @ 7/1 - £50.00 O/3548200/0000019/F16 Apr 11 / 22:45 Bet Winnings Amir Khan v Paul McCloskey – Amir Khan By Decision or Technical Decision @ 11/4 + £180.75 TRIPPLE WHAMMY LETS GO
very nice, gl

Was kinda suprised that they gave it to Groves by a point.DeGale had him on the back foot all match , dont care about tactics this tactics that , he forced the tempo every round and commanded the center of the ring.DeGale had Groves stumbling on a few occasions , DeGale didnt even look hurt once.Either way i think the judges scored down DeGale a point for hes persona , everything said before the fight etc etc.. They dont like the cocky man over in this country , They were always gonna give it to the quiet kid.Undeserved IMHO.

• Upvote 1