Books on communication technique/neurolinguistics

Captain Planet

I remember somebody once posted a really good book on how to talk to people to effectively make them do whatever you want through suggestive language etc.

Link to thread or book plz?

dunno about controlling other peoples free will.

But for influencing others and taking control control of yours.. maybe you are referring to this book, which touches on the neuro-linguistic teachings

51mjOuJwG4L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU02_.jpg

Guest THEREALTULSE

Good books but I dont think you should be reading them if you think it's going to make you appear or become more experianced with life or to be able to make better decisions for yourself.

A lot of these books are insightful in the right context but 95% of people wont actually genuinely appear in the right senario or environment as the author or find the ability to make a new judgement based on what you've read. You could read 100 of these books but you'll always find your natural reaction being that of your own intentions rather than manipulating them to be one of someone elses which you think are deemed "guidable and more correct"

Live and learn, the only person that can do it is yourself.

BTW not putting anyone off reading such books but you won't find the common goal to making the best life choices.

• Downvote 1

NLP - its the sh*t. Like any soft skill it just takes practice.

A few years back we had a course with an NLP teacher on the possiblities of using this technique in games :lol:

I volunteered for a demo in which i gave up eating crisps (i would destroy a 12 pack of walkers cheese and onion like it was nothing on a regular basis) but associating it with a particular food i didn't like. The instructor used the undesirable food as anchor to "reprogramme" my attitude to crisps. 3+ years on and i have eaten any crisps at all (although i think its starting to wear off and needs reinforcement as i am now indifferent to them rather than finding them detestable).

Guest M12 Part 2

This stuff is interesting but i think this is something you need at least some physical coaching in. I don't think you can get a good enough grasp of it just through books.

• Downvote 1

Guest THEREALTULSE

Good books but I dont think you should be reading them if you think it's going to make you appear or become more experianced with life or to be able to make better decisions for yourself.

A lot of these books are insightful in the right context but 95% of people wont actually genuinely appear in the right senario or environment as the author or find the ability to make a new judgement based on what you've read. You could read 100 of these books but you'll always find your natural reaction being that of your own intentions rather than manipulating them to be one of someone elses which you think are deemed "guidable and more correct"

Live and learn, the only person that can do it is yourself.

BTW not putting anyone off reading such books but you won't find the common goal to making the best life choices.

:/

wot u talkin about mate.

topic is about using certain techniques to do whatever. whos talkin about life decisions

*looks at your DP*

*Understands what motivates you*

*Moves on swiftly...*

Guest THEREALTULSE

so basically uve realised how foolish ur post was and have nothing to say on the matter.

id move on swiftly if i was u aswell mate.

Your discombobulated, nothing you say is actually constructive - since when was the last time you made sense?

Everything that comes out your mouth is weak, you're like the bubble around the speak, having no say in the matter just always around those that are talking,

If it weren't for your green badge you'd be the one doing the walking.

f*ck outta here.

• Downvote 2

Guest THEREALTULSE

I'm not even having ago at you fella,

There are threads made for you and threads you shouldn't enter, accept you seem to have a say in the matter on every thread on this website like you're the don of knowledge - yes you make good points on some threads but I'm sorry you should just leave this one for those who have expeirance and interest.

You sell drugs, you make music, you goto University - what would you know about having time to sit down and read a neurolinguistics book?

You'll probally shrug this off with a typical "last rite, final sentance" in true Brisco style.

These books just get recycled and given hi tech, fancy names with people making millions off you while you look for that perfect answer.

northing wrong with reading to improve yoruself, but usually when youve read one good one, you've read 'em all so if you havent changed or improved your situation after reading one then its not about the book but about you. They are ALL based on the same principles.

you will probably get better guidance than any of these books from the book of proverbs which is in your house somewhere, but my advice fr another book, would be Dale Carnegie's book: How to win friends and influence people,(written way before any others) You should find everything you may be looking for in that, probably better to get it on audio and listen to it , for me anyway.