A girl would rather be

Afroman

Women wanna be with alpha male types who are actually backing their talk in life i.e. successful nothing to do with fame per sein fact the emphasis on fame is probably the stupidest thing I've ever heard
i disagree to an extent.i agree that the biggest part of the appeal fame has, is its indication of wealth. But i believe fame has an appeal in its own right.take roman gladiators. they were actually the dregs of their society.they were slaves. But when they were in the arena killing other men and recieving the cheers and adoration of thousands, in that moment they became God like.The richest women from the upper echelons of society would PAY to sleep with them...penniless slaves. I believe that women have an almost instinctual attraction to men that show they stand above other men. That they are superior.Fame has that appeal (obviously todays fame is only a shadow of past Glory but still), f*ck it even basic popularity has that appeal. Think about what it is to be famous, even popular. Other men wish to be around you, they wish to follow you, be in your favour. There is power in that, and thus women are attracted.Granted, the more educated/intelligent/rational the woman, then (in my opinion) the less attractive she finds fame for fames sake alone. But i believe even if only a modicum, the appeal is still there.
  • Upvote 2

Guest Yilmaz
Fame has that appeal (obviously todays fame is only a shadow of past Glory but still), f*ck it even basic popularity has that appeal. Think about what it is to be famous, even popular. Other men wish to be around you, they wish to follow you, be in your favour. There is power in that, and thus women are attracted.Granted, the more educated/intelligent/rational the woman, then (in my opinion) the less attractive she finds fame for fames sake alone. But i believe even if only a modicum, the appeal is still there.
I don't disagree with what you're saying here.Not convinced by the rest of the analogy though.

Guest Yilmaz

Incidentally, having given the video another watch (or like 1 min of it) All I have to say is, I believe this rapper/athlete/insertbaitamericanblackmalefamejob loving hype is just a fad for most women, particularly non-black women.In ten years time, I'd be very surprised if the Kim Kardashians, Amber Roses and other fame hungry boshes aren't settled down with some super rich/successful white olive looking breddas.When they realise that these black guys are like big children and they ain't really holding no weight....sure, they gotta few mill in the bank, but they ain't got no power. Plus thye probably feel like they can't trust them to responsibly bring up a family/settle down etc.We're still behind.

Fame has that appeal (obviously todays fame is only a shadow of past Glory but still), f*ck it even basic popularity has that appeal. Think about what it is to be famous, even popular. Other men wish to be around you, they wish to follow you, be in your favour. There is power in that, and thus women are attracted.Granted, the more educated/intelligent/rational the woman, then (in my opinion) the less attractive she finds fame for fames sake alone. But i believe even if only a modicum, the appeal is still there.
I don't disagree with what you're saying here.Not convinced by the rest of the analogy though.
where did the analogy fail you?

Guest Yilmaz
Just didn't think it was a great one.Don't sweat it.

Incidentally, having given the video another watch (or like 1 min of it) All I have to say is, I believe this rapper/athlete/insertbaitamericanblackmalefamejob loving hype is just a fad for most women, particularly non-black women.In ten years time, I'd be very surprised if the Kim Kardashians, Amber Roses and other fame hungry boshes aren't settled down with some super rich/successful white olive looking breddas.When they realise that these black guys are like big children and they ain't really holding no weight....sure, they gotta few mill in the bank, but they ain't got no power. Plus thye probably feel like they can't trust them to responsibly bring up a family/settle down etc.We're still behind.
Why do you believe this 'fad' is exclusive to Black males?

Guest Yilmaz
I don't, but that's what we're talking about here.What are you getting at?

That is crapthats like saying slaggy gold diggers will get over football playershold no weight?when most have millionsthose that do well have tens of millionsand a select few have hundreds of millionswhat is there to get over, if you determin a mans value by his monetary gain only a few lawyers are millionaires friend

Guest Yilmaz
That is crapthats like saying slaggy gold diggers will get over football playershold no weight?when most have millionsdoes that do well have tens of millionsand a select few have hundreds of millionswhat is there to get over, if you determin a mans value by his monetary gain only a few lawyers are millionaires friend
When I say hold no weight, I mean aren't really serious. IDK, just hypothesising. There is no right or wrong.As I said, I'd be surprised if those women end up with FAMOUS black guys.

Just didn't think it was a great one.Don't sweat it.
i'm not sweating iti just assumed and explanation/argument would be the next step after a statement denouncing the merit of somethingi believe thats how you prove you're not chatting shitit's cool if such things aren't a concern for you, i just assumed.

Guest Yilmaz
i'm not sweating iti just assumed and explanation/argument would be the next step after a statement denouncing the merit of somethingi believe thats how you prove you're not chatting shitit's cool if such things aren't a concern for you, i just assumed.
LOLUMADBRO
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't, but that's what we're talking about here.What are you getting at?
The tone of what you been saying implied you thought this was a 'Black male' issue, but you say this isn't the case. Fairy muff.When I saw the video, I immediately knew this was a trend amongst men & women in general, I didn't attach race to it. Don't think the guy did either, he just had a nigga-ish tone.

basketball-wives.jpgYou give these kind of women too much credit my friend. WAY TOO MUCH.
  • Upvote 1

I dont understand why this is some deep discussionwe all know what girls like in general. dont even need to state it./not all girls are the same.Thread done.....please.
All you have to do is not come in the thread if it bothers you so much.Nothing is ever black & white, attempts at in-depth discussion is good.

The other thing that's messing our society up is the contradictions between the gender roles. In other countries women just want a man who brings home money and looks after them. In return they cook, clean raise the children etc. Women in the west want to be "independent" to the point they have their own money and can look after themselves but they still want a man who earns more than them so they don't have to. There are so many contradictory layers to relationships in the west that aren't present in other cultures. For example I dont believe a relationship can work if the woman earns substantially more than the man forever. Because having the most money is usually something that gives you most power in making decisions. E.g which house to buy, how much money to save, where to go on holiday etc. If as a man you are the subservient one in these decisions it goes against your nature as a man. And also hers as a woman because women naturally want a strong alpha to lead them and make decisions.
Booooy, when I went Nairobi.At home, I'm used to bringing my plate and wash it myself. I did that when I went Nairobi, the womens faces when they seen me washing my own plate. Like they've seen a ghost or suttin. Took me a year to get the habit of washing my own plate again, once I came back./True say. Your opinion will matter, if you're bringing food to the table.