The Return Of OXIDE & NEUTRINO 2011

Grindinheat

Grime didn't just appear out of nowhere, UK garage was the immediate precursor, so obv they had at least some influence...

It appeared after Pulse X dropped

Its like saying Mc Creed and them other UK Garage mc's had an influence

The influence was from Zinc and them other dark tunes which was after So Solids hype

They way people were going on in this thread like So Solid Created Grime and were the major influence

I'm sure every person involved in UK Garage had an influence but So Solid did not create Grime and were involved fully with the UK Garage scene

Try string a few sentences flojo and not nonsense one liners son

• Downvote 5

They were a major influence, I don't really need to expand on that because anyone with an iota of sense knows that.

Clueless

I bet you did not even go to any raves them times and just going on what others are saying

Its cool you cant break down how and why

I understand

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

They were a major influence, I don't really need to expand on that because anyone with an iota of sense knows that.

Clueless

I bet you did not even go to any raves them times and just going on what others are saying

I understand

Wrong, I attended raves where So Solid played and followed them before their mainstream success.

I still have tdks of So Solid sundays and other Delight crews like Living Legendz, if you couldn't see the noticeable difference in selection and spitting style of these man when they were coming through in comparison to the vets like Norris Da Boss, Ruffcut Lloyd, Dreem Teem, DT, Blakey etc then you're a lost cause.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Clueless

I understand

Wrong, I attended raves where So Solid played and followed them before their mainstream success.

I still have tdks of So Solid sundays and other Delight crews like Living Legendz, if you couldn't see the noticeable difference in selection and spitting style of these man when they were coming through in comparison to the vets like Norris Da Boss, Ruffcut Lloyd, Dreem Teem, DT, Blakey etc then you're a lost cause.

They was spitting alongside them man like DT at raves

They had there own club nights but they was dropping 2 step and 4x4 garage at them not Grime

It was different but so was Zinc who was way after them

MC Viper and B-Live were involved more in the scene towards the end then So Solid as they had died out

Zinc and So Solid were around the same time weren't they?

Yes but don't let facts get in the way of Thun.

/

So Solid used to spit alongside the vets but the difference in styles was obvious and they were never full embraced by them hence them doing their own raves.

I don't know how anyone can listen to DT and Megaman and group them together.

• Downvote 1

Guest Yilmaz

PRecisely what I was gonna say Goddaz, So Solid brought the darkness/roadish element to garage, but that's it.

PAYG had more influence on grime imo, think about the initial stars of grime from EAST, Wiley, NASTY, Gods Gift etc.

*reminisces*

So Solid invented what?

ab7ejq.jpg

/

C/s Green Lanes for the most part. In regards to their influence on grime I'd only say they defo brought the darkness via garage.

However, their impact/overall influence on UK 'urban' music>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>______

And sadly thats where the gd vibes in the clubs/events went downhill

PRecisely what I was gonna say Goddaz, So Solid brought the darkness/roadish element to garage, but that's it.

PAYG had more influence on grime imo, think about the initial stars of grime from EAST, Wiley, NASTY, Gods Gift etc.

*reminisces*

Defo c/s PAYG having more influence on grime than So So Solid. Wiley, Major Ace, God's Gift, Major Ace, Maxwell D etc

I remember how dark raves got when dem man touch dances.

/

@ Gayle, true stories.

My dons HLC held it up moretime for the good vibes & buried ALL dem man but the influx of 'badman' music (grime) tookover differently.