Its 2011 and i think Some DJ's need to be labelled as "sync" DJ's

DJ Stashman

Guest Awesome Kong

This is the case for a lot tbh, them CDJ guys and ableton live guys there.(Yes, I use my laptop with serato, but I still need vinyl decks and can't make it auto sync for me. Even the auto bpm reader isn't accurate.)

i use my ears and only my ears, my mate used the on screen display to match beats until i persuaded him to start buying vinyl, now he's slowly getting the hang of mixing by ear, but even now he buys records from chemical which give you the exact bpm, so he notes it down in order to mix the tracks easier.

The feeling of locking a mix by ear only >>>>>>>>>>>> _________________Was on my mates CDJs the other day usually I take a few shots and jack a couple of mixes but after maybe 20 mines I was IN THE ZONE chopping and fading like....a good dj.

Guest Awesome Kong
i use my ears and only my ears, my mate used the on screen display to match beats until i persuaded him to start buying vinyl, now he's slowly getting the hang of mixing by ear, but even now he buys records from chemical which give you the exact bpm, so he notes it down in order to mix the tracks easier.
Your friends sh*t, no offence.

none taken, but the fact of the matter is if ur gong to a night to hear the music you don't really give a f*ck if the dj is doing it by ear or syncing everything in ableton, the feeling u get from mixing by ear is a selfish one and no one else in the venue/at the bar or whatever really cares, i just feel like people like us who learnt properly just have an axe to grind because our skills are seen as somewhat redundant.

Guest Awesome Kong

Jazzy Jeff says no tbh. You can tell the difference in reality. /Maybe clubs should just buy a cd player and have someone make them a cd and just re-run it tbh.

You still have to select songs and perform the chopping/blending between tracks...so I suppose you are still DJing to an extent.I c/s BMC - we spent time learning these skills and used it as part of our criteria on evaluating other DJs - can he lock a mix?But consider:If someone beat matched by ear but had a crap selection and poor blends/techniques...Is he a better DJ than the guy who sync's in his program of choice but drops big tunes with big tricks/transitions?Purely playing Devil's Advocate here

Djing Is just evolving really, and yea I think it is taking nearly all the skill out of it. Now all you need to do is have a nice track list and you are sorted really. I am not a DJ at all, never had a set of decks but i can still do a perfect mix on virtual DJ effortlessly so surely something is wrong there. For the question you asked, Skola. I would say the better DJ (IMO) is the guy with the big tunes. He might have way less skill but at the end of the day, when I go out I want to hear big tunes and im not too fussed about who is playing them or how they are getting played.That is just my opinion from a non DJ perspective

Like I said, clubs should just play a cd.
people need to be able to make requestsand someone needs to know when to change genreplus there are still DJs out there. nothing beats the vybe You get when the right choon was mixed in the correct way and dropped.