Reasons to marry

Lens

its a public declaration of your love

and it is a legal bond

next of kin, say if u get ill or whatever

as a married couple, you actually become family

That's what I'm saying, it's a status & legal ting.

Nothing wrong with that.

But I got people trying to say married couples is more valid for 'love' reasons & all that sh*t.

its a public declaration of your love

and it is a legal bond

next of kin, say if u get ill or whatever

as a married couple, you actually become family

That's what I'm saying, it's a status & legal ting.

Nothing wrong with that.

But I got people trying to say married couples is more valid for 'love' reasons & all that sh*t.

its the fact that you love another person enough to make such a committment

and I think it sets and example to the rest of society and young people growing up

it causes people to work harder on staying together because there is actually more at risk

i think when people are just 'partners' theres still that sense that one of them really can just walk away just like that

marriage is an institution

dont buy into the false sense of security that is promoted with marriage, marriage does not equate to a secure family unit

if you co habit over 10 years you are common law husband and wife also

would do a quite blessing somewhere to give thanks and praise for the longevity of our union but I cant picture a big conventional ceremony

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Doesnt matter anyways

if you live with your partner for more than 7 years then the law technically see's you as married

you even carry similar rights as a married couple

the female could even technically claim half your sh*t if you split

CAN LAW MANDEM CONFIRM THIS

If people consider marriage as primarily a deterrent from splitting up, for the sake of the kids, divorce, etc, than that's a problem.

I'm all for monogamy & the family legacy, etc, but I still can't see why marriage in particular enhances that? Like, literally.

Again, for me it's a status thing & legal thing. Meaning it isn't even about the couple itself, but the perception of others.

i think when people are just 'partners' theres still that sense that one of them really can just walk away just like that

marriage is an institution

this nuh really go so

I know married people that just walk and leave out, dont even return to sign divorce papers, not even a fax

dont be too naive, with this security propaganda, Im not against marriage, its cool, I respect people that stay married for years, I also respect those who co habit for years...unity is unity

marriage, it should not be used as a means of expressing love or emotional commitment though, try know the legal definition has nothing to do with love its about civil responsibilities and property