The Summer Transfer Thread

Guest Portuguese

Gokhan Inler has been unveiled as a new signing at Napoli, but shocked reporters at the press conference by appearing in a lion mask.After revealing himself, Inler said: "All that matters is Napoli and every game will be important as we are in three competitions [serie A, Champions League, and Coppa Italia]."I decided to come to Napoli a long time ago and now this is a new chapter in my career and I want to give my best. I want to win here for the fans."The transfer saga had been given a deadline of Monday by Udinese, with reports suggesting that a €12 million agreement was reached. Whatever the price, Inler is sure to be the pride of Napoli when he finally makes his debut.

• Upvote 2

Turkish Dons on here explain what's happening@Fenerbahce/Trabzonspor?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6nROPP3TY0

its called a "Rivalry" mate.When 2 clubs dont like eachother , they're fans fight all the time etc.Hope this helped.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Guest Portuguese

its called a "Rivalry" mate.When 2 clubs dont like eachother , they're fans fight all the time etc.Hope this helped.
:D Which part of Turkish and Dons you didn't understand?
  • Upvote 5

loolI swear it's something to do with alleged match fixing?Manager has been arrested or something I think.

loolI swear it's something to do with alleged match fixing?Manager has been arrested or something I think.
The turks always take sh*t to another level with their rivalryThey behave the same way in north london. One time I went to pick up some food at a kebab shop next thing I see old men scuffling in the street and the shop keeper was like like yeah minor its over football

Guest haze-e

PMSLROFLLMFAODEAD.

The Fenerbahce Chairman has been arrested along with several other club managers/players, he promised players at other clubs that he would transfer them to Fener if they faked injury/didn't score.All this lead to Trabzonspor being crowned new champions, Fener are also facing the possibility of playing in league 2 next season, pissed.

Guest Klitschko

Breaking News: Sky Sports sources understand Chelsea will make an improved bid for Luka Modric later today as they look to tempt Spurs into parting with their want-away playmaker. Stay with us for more details...

Guest Klitschko

Sky Sports sources understand Chelsea will make an improved bid for wantaway Tottenham playmaker Luka Modric later on Monday.The Croatia international is at the centre of a transfer saga which is beginning to turn ugly, as claims and counter-claims are exchanged with Spurs chairman Daniel Levy.Chelsea failed in a £22million approach for Modric earlier in the summer, but last season's Premier League runners-up, now under the management of Andre Villas-Boas, are ready to increase their offer.The previous approach from Chelsea is believed to have determined the 25-year-old's thought process and on Monday morning it was revealed that he was prepared to request a transfer.Levy last week told a disenchanted Modric, a £16.6million signing from Dynamo Zagreb in 2008, that he will not be allowed to leave no matter what the size of the fee or the club making the approach.CriteriaModric has claimed this reneges on a gentleman's agreement he struck with Levy in May 2010, when he signed a six-year contract extension with Tottenham.It is contested by Modric that Spurs would listen to his thoughts if a perceivably bigger club showed an interest and made an appropriate offer.Chelsea, who, unlike Tottenham, will play in the UEFA Champions League in the forthcoming season, appear to meet this criteria in Modric's opinion.Spurs are of a different mind, but the impending increased bid from their London rivals will tempt the resolve of Levy, who is likely to want at least £30m.Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp has admitted Modric has seemed distracted in pre-season training and reports have suggested Lyon's £9m-rated Bosnian, Miralem Pjanic, is being considered as a replacement.----------------------------Don't know why I even posted this.