The Summer Transfer Thread

Guest Portuguese

Man Like Sven is building a Premiership squad in the Championship.Aired Leicester's summer shenanigans up until nowLeicester SquadSchmeichelAbeWellensBambaVassellKoncheskyMatt MillsSt LedgerPainstilDannsMichael JohnsonNugentGelson FernandesBut Real have to take them to the cleaners tomorrow

• Downvote 2

Guest M12 Part 2
Man Like Sven is building a Premiership squad in the Championship.Aired Leicester's summer shenanigans up until nowLeicester SquadSchmeichelAbeWellensBambaVassellKoncheskyMatt MillsSt LedgerPainstilDannsMichael JohnsonNugentGelson FernandesBut Real have to take them to the cleaners tomorrow
I wonder about this guy sometimes. That's just a team of different players who've played under himAt some point in the past. They should make Prem though.

How many of those are prem quality though?

Guest Portuguese

M12That list I posted is Leicester current squad.@LewisJudging on the players who have appeared in the Prem past/present I can safely say all of them.

• Downvote 1

Guest M12 Part 2
M12That list I posted is Leicester current squad.@LewisJudging on the players who have appeared in the Prem past/present I can safely say all of them.
Yeah I know and from that list I can see off the too of my head schneichel, bamba, vassell, johnson and I think he even signed Fernandes at city too. They are all players he's managed directly before.
  • Downvote 1

Sven's shored up the defence. Just needs to sign a 20 goal striker, now that Johnson and Fernandes have been brought in.Last season defensively they suffered. He brought in Ben Mee, Jefferey Bruma, Van Aanholt, Bamba, Miguel Vitor and Kyle Naughton. They did well initially, when Sven came, 10 games in he took over and Leicester were bottom but by Xmas he had them one place off the play-offs then they came undone in the new year. Though it could be fair to say none had a pre-season and they call came in a month after each other.Inidvidually the loan signings were good but made too many costly errors with Weale and Ricardo in goal, keepers lost all confidence that's why Kasper's been signed and so far he has looked good. Bamba has spells, sometimes he's very good other times he's very sh*t. Those of you who think he is solid probably saw his debut vs City in FA Cup and every header from corners and free kicks he was causing Man City problems, he looked good there.Anyway, this season he has just gone out and bought defenders with experience, partly cos he couldn't sign or loan any of the younger players mentioned above again as well as deciding to buy rather than loan a new defence. I think he thinks perm players will work harder for promotion than players on loan just looking to get some experience; defensive mistakes will mean more cos they're playing for a starting place.Matt Mills, St Ledger, Bamba, Tunchev and Michael Ball will be the centre backs and they've looked good in pre-season. Got beat 1-0 by Valencia, held Bursaspor to a 0-0 draw so defensively they look better now, as a Championship team.It's in midfield and upfront that I think they need to be better. Wellens, Dyer, Oakley, Abe and King need to create more, King's good but his form kind of dropped off end of last season. Up front/wide they've got Waghorn, Vassell, Howard, Nugent, Paul Gallagher and Kermorgant, needs a solid striker and they should get promotion otherwise Sven's a goner.

• Upvote 1

LOL Premiership teamThey aint doing sh*t in the Championship
  • Upvote 1

Suprised they didn't get Yak back on a permanent deal, although saying he could prob still do a job in the prem.@Lurch do you follow Leicester?
Yeah, I live in Leicester so follow Leicester but I'm a Manchester United fan. I grew up a United fan cos my family are Mancs and I grew up watching them from ever since I can remember.Only recently, as I've got older I've had more of a pull to Leicester cos I live here and like to see how they get on but wouldn't say I support Leicester, no 2nd team or any of that business, more a football thing and it helps with conversation with Leicester fans here.Yak was ok last season but missed some sitters, I thought he'd do better when he signed but went missing in some crucial games. Everton supposedly said Leicester can have him for 3.5 million but Leicester were too busy bidding 5.5 million for Nicky Maynard and so they pulled the deal. I think Everton were pissed Leicester didn't offer them anything like that for Yak.It's kinda mad when you think they let Max Gradel go to Leeds and he had a solid season last season, Fryatt might have a big season at Hull and Sven let him go, same might happen with Waghorn cos he's not getting enough chances.Thun: Leicester have a chance but I think this might be one of the hardest Championship seasons that I can remember. West Ham will hope to bounce straight back up, Allardyce will work route one hard to get them straight back up. Blackpool look like they might get some decent loan signings after the sale of Charlie Adam. Hull have a good squad and I rate Nigel Pearson, they've got a lot of ex-United academy players in Stewart, Evans, Dudgeon, Chester, McShane and Robbie Brady is on loan there too.The managerial changes also makes me think it'll be a tough season. Mclaren at Forest will be interesting. Mackay at Cardiff too. Hughton at Birmingham if they sort out their off-field problems.Brighton might surprise people. Last few seasons the newly promoted sides push hard for play-offs/automatic, Leicester did 2 seasons back, Leeds and Norwich last season.Reading finished last season so strong and so on and so forth.I feel a bit hyped for the Championship season when it starts, just to see how everyone gets on and whether Sven's the real deal in the Championship.
  • Upvote 1

Yh definitelyChampionship will be something else this yearI rmemeber a couple seasons back all the pundits saying the gap between Championship and the Prem was too largeNow look how things have changed since then, admittedly thanks to the relegation of some decent teams player-wise

Guest Portuguese
We will seeThey have a better squad than QPR and much better manager.Kenny/SchmeichelPainstil>>OrrMills>>>GorkssSt Ledger>>>>ConnollyKonchesky(was average at Liverpool)>>>>>>>HillAbe>>>FaurlinFernandes>>>>DerryVassell>>>>Tommy SmithTaarbat>Michael Johnson(when 100% fit)Nugent>>>Mackie/Helguson/Hulse/AgeymangI didn't include loanees don't forget Sven has better contacts than WarnockSven>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Warnock
  • Upvote 1

Guest Portuguese
Yh definitelyChampionship will be something else this yearI rmemeber a couple seasons back all the pundits saying the gap between Championship and the Prem was too largeNow look how things have changed since then, admittedly thanks to the relegation of some decent teams player-wise
The gap is still huge in terms of quality. Championship is less predictable.

We will seeThey have a better squad than QPR and much better manager.Kenny/SchmeichelPainstil>>OrrMills>>>GorkssSt Ledger>>>>ConnollyKonchesky(was average at Liverpool)>>>>>>>HillAbe>>>FaurlinFernandes>>>>DerryVassell>>>>Tommy SmithTaarbat>Michael Johnson(when 100% fit)Nugent>>>Mackie/Helguson/Hulse/AgeymangI didn't include loanees don't forget Sven has better contacts than WarnockSven>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Warnock
degraraeryhrtysrtudfg\sdg\s\sdgssfhsftjhsftsgsdgdfhfghsd :D :D :D :D :D You a lost guyNow I know you try too hard to make out you know about ballYou aint got a clue init :D

Palermo president Maurizio Zamparini claims sought-after midfielder Javier Pastore has joined Paris St Germain, ending Chelsea's pursuit of the Argentinian.Zamparini has revealed that a €43million (£37.5m) deal was struck late on Friday for the 22-year-old to join the Parc des Princes club.Chelsea were thought to be chasing the talented youngster's signature but it appears they have been beaten to the punch by the Ligue 1 outfit.The swoop is yet to be officially confirmed by the two sides, while Palermo sources had earlier said that the Argentina international's agent was still negotiating with the Blues over a move.But Zamparini told Radio Radio on Saturday:"[We] closed the deal last night (Friday) around midnight."Basically it's the official transfer of Pastore to Paris St Germain based on a €43m fee."Pastore has been regarded as one of European football's hottest properties since netting 11 goals from midfield in 35 Serie A matches last season.It is thought the youngster will put pen to paper on a five-year deal at the Ligue 1 side.
SSN :D

SkyBet Sky Bet Tottenham now 7/2 (from 33/1) to sign Kaka after a stream of bets. Speculation? Or has 'Arry got something up his sleeve? http://ow.ly/5R5kEPMSL :D

>>>>> spurs transfer windows.depressing times.