The Hobbit

Guest Klitschko

Not much of a reader, but may have to purchase the book and have a read seeing as i never bothered with the harry potter or lord of the rings books.

Shouldn't mention Harry potter in the same sentence bro, that's like comparing Emile Heskey with ronaldo because they're both strikers

Also make sure you read LOTR if anything, the hobbit was more child friendly/aimed

• 2 months later...

Most of it tbh

Azog being alive, reffered to as the Pale Orc and built into some kind of super-villain never happened, in the book he was referenced but was killed years ago and never appeared

Going to rivendell never happened, galadriel was never there, there was no sight of elves in the part of the book that's been covered

Frodo was never in the book (though it's totally understandable why they did it, even if the scene was awkard)

Radagast was mentioned, but never appeared in the book, certainly not as a man with birdshit on his head driving a sleigh pulled by weasels

The Orcs 'put a price' on Thorins head? The orcs use money now?

The morgul blade was completely made up, as was the scene where Radgast 'fights' the Nazgul

The part where they fell into the goblin gave was altered

The scene with the trolls was altered

The scene with gollum was altered

The above in general, why they thought they needed to have an antagonist completely made up is beyond me, they have split a book that was 275 pages into 3 movies and thus they have had to create too much filler

I also didn't like the fact that Thorin, Kili & Fili look like boyband members, seems they've tried to replicate the look of Aragorn & Legolas for aesthetics sake

With the LOTR there were some neccesary changes from book to film for continuity's sake, but they generally stuck to 80% of the original material, and improvised the other %20

With the hobbit it's like they improvised with 80% and used 20% of the plot

Also I thought the orcs in this movie were a step down from previous films, where they seemed like genuinely spiteful, loathesome and pitiful creatures, in this movie they are just like generic fantasy villains, a few of which not even speaking English (I assume it was meant to be black speech)

Didn't like how the great goblin was portrayed or most of the goblins, shoulda just stuck to the template of the moria goblins from the first film

lol I guess it was good that I didn't read the book then, must be killing original book fans

Did think it was lacking something but overall thought it was decent. Not the 'best film of the year' as some were saying but it hasn't had much to compete with

nah both movies they really could have just flown birds to their destination from the start, but what sort of adventure would that make?

come like them Sonic games where you can be Tails and just fly to the top-right and just skip most the level

• 2 years later...

newest Hobbit film built up to what should have been a much better war, quite anti climatic in that sense.

Was disappointed by the first orc army being guys dressed in costumes, then the 2nd orc army being well created by CGI. why not CGI all the orcs?

The Legolas/ elf scenes in general delivered

the 1 on 1 between Thorin and the Orc king also. best fight in the whole saga for me

the first 2 films also led me to believe there would be more dragon in this one.

thought they had built the dragon up too much for it to be underused like that. 

• Downvote 1