The GOD Like Status Given To Mourinho

Mame Biram Diouf

Got guys on here thinking he is getting his best players booked at just the right time because he is so special

You do know this DID happen right?

Yeah from what I remember, Ramos / Casillas / others got booked for mostly time wasting, it was so bait at the time, they thumbsed up the ref after the cards :lol:

Think this was second to last game of group stages, so they missed the last game which they didn't need to win then had a clean slate for knockout stages

Think what Flojo's getting at is in this day & age, top-flight football managers have less of time & freedom needed to create & leave 'legacies'.

/

Sacchi doesn't really count IMO. Creating a legacy to me means, redefining the culture of the entire club & it being longstanding after that manager has left.

Milan were not the same really after Sacchi left & Capello took over.

You can argue that Mourinho has done that to an extent at Chelsea. Yes, he had the resources available to him, like you will at any top team in Europe, but he made Chelsea a winning team, he created the spine that is still theirs to this day. I think he has created a legacy at Chelsea IMO.

• Upvote 1

Guest Portuguese

Think what Flojo's getting at is in this day & age, top-flight football managers have less of time & freedom needed to create & leave 'legacies'.

/

Sacchi doesn't really count IMO. Creating a legacy to me means, redefining the culture of the entire club & it being longstanding after that manager has left.

Milan were not the same really after Sacchi left & Capello took over.

You can argue that Mourinho has done that to an extent at Chelsea. Yes, he had the resources available to him, like you will at any top team in Europe, but he made Chelsea a winning team, he created the spine that is still theirs to this day. I think he has created a legacy at Chelsea IMO.

Mike nothing really changed when Capello took over he still kept Sacchi's team/tradition despite adding a few players i.e Desailly,Lentini,Savićević(making Boban first team) he still kept the philosophy/DNA

The proof is in the pudding

Sacchi

European Cup(89/90)

Capello

European Cup(94)

Runners up

European Cup(93)

European Cup (95)

C/S about Mourinho but looks like the spine is broken now.

Portugal Porto (2002–2004)

* 2003 Primeira Liga

* 2003 Taça de Portugal

* 2003 UEFA Cup

* 2003 Supertaça Cândido de Oliveira

* 2004 Primeira Liga

* 2004 UEFA Champions League

England Chelsea (2004–2007)

* 2005 FA Premier League

* 2005 League Cup

* 2005 FA Community Shield

* 2006 Premier League

* 2007 League Cup

* 2007 FA Cup

Italy Internazionale (2008–2010)

* 2008 Supercoppa Italiana

* 2009 Serie A

* 2010 Serie A

* 2010 Coppa Italia

* 2010 UEFA Champions League

HE IS PRETTY SPECIAL FOR SOMEONE UNDER 50.

IMAGINE WHAT HIS RECORD'S GONNA LOOK LIKE AT FERGIES AGE.

Fantastic record.

Would struggle to find better in the last 50 years.

Now I hate Cheslea, but I loved Mourinho.

Guy is epitomy of specialness.

hate da guy love to see him fail

too much of an arrogant c*nt

2sb51rr.gif

* 2003 Primeira Liga

* 2003 Taça de Portugal

* 2003 UEFA Cup

* 2004 Primeira Liga

* 2005 FA Premier League

* 2005 League Cup

* 2006 Premier League

* 2007 League Cup

* 2007 FA Cup

* 2009 Serie A

* 2010 Serie A

* 2010 Coppa Italia

/thread

but SAF creates superstars ... beckham ronaldo

if united win the treble this season

SAF will go down as the best club manager ever in history

Mourinho made Drogba what he is, and Lampard what he was, among others.

had players saying "i want to play for mourinho" when he was unemployed, most players would follow him whatever club he goes to if the club let them.

best club manager in history would have to win more than one different league - playing the same teams year in year out isn't the same as landing in a new country, taking control of the team and winning a league You've never played in before.

the Christiano Ronaldo thing - normal procedure. Complete control over footballing matters, or bounce.

when club owners want the title, they phone Jose and they ask him his price.

Just accept I'm a winner, says Jose Mourinho

jose-mourinho-real-madrid-cup-win-celebrations-10608.jpg

Jose Mourinho today hit back at his critics after guiding Real Madrid to their first Copa del Rey triumph for 18 years against Barcelona last night.

The former Chelsea manager has been widely criticised for his expensively-assembled team's negative approach this season. Real trail Barca by eight points in La Liga and were thrashed 5-0 in the Nou Camp earlier this season but Mourinho pointed to last night's cup triumph as justification for his methods.

Madrid honorary president Alfredo Di Stefano and former Barcelona idol Johan Cruyff both publicly hit out at the Portuguese, with the Dutchman claiming Mourinho only worked for titles and wasn't a "football coach".

"People can say what they want but I am the coach and I decide how we play," said Mourinho.

"Winning titles is winning titles. It's always good. Only a few days ago someone called me a coach who wins titles and not football. Thank you - I like being a coach who wins titles.

"For some, great football is to keep possession of the ball but that is not so. A great game is defensive work, counter-attack, covering the space and working collectively."

Cristiano Ronaldo scored the only goal of the game in extra-time to end Real's three-year trophy drought to the delight of Mourinho, who has now won silverware in England, Italy, Spain and Portugal.

"I am proud because my players have worked hard and happy with myself, too, because I have won cups in four different countires.

"One in my own country and then in the three more important football countries in Europe. Despite not being very old I know who I am as a manager. I have a lot of experience. We play how we think we should play and we did it very well against a great team.

"I value greatly these things. To beat a really great team is always better - it is more valuable."

The teams meet again at the Bernabeu in the Champions Leagues semi-finals next Wednesday and captain Iker Casillas believes last night's victory can act as a catalyst for the remaining weeks of the season. The Spain goalkeeper said: "We can win anything now, including the Champions League. This is for the supporters. For the past two years, things have gone very badly, but with this effort we have demonstrated that we can win anything.

"We'll enjoy it and be happy for the people but our mentality has already changed. We know La Liga is complicated but not impossible, the same is true in the Champions League."

Matchwinner Ronaldo hailed the impact made by Mourinho in Madrid and said: "Mourinho has given us a winning spirit. We knew in this game that, whoever scored would win and that's the way it was.

"It was a very important title for us. It was our objective since the start of the season and we have achieved it - and we did it against Barcelona."

Guest 11 Bills

* 2003 Primeira Liga

* 2003 Taça de Portugal

* 2003 UEFA Cup

* 2004 Primeira Liga

* 2005 FA Premier League

* 2005 League Cup

* 2006 Premier League

* 2007 League Cup

* 2007 FA Cup

* 2009 Serie A

* 2010 Serie A

* 2010 Coppa Italia

HE IS PRETTY SPECIAL FOR SOMEONE UNDER 50.

IMAGINE WHAT HIS RECORD'S GONNA LOOK LIKE AT FERGIES AGE.

them enders there.

bt ive never really got it, what makes one manager better than another? dont they just follow the same thing? surely its the players that decide a game

(opens neg collection box)

• Downvote 13

• 2 weeks later...

but SAF creates superstars ... beckham ronaldo

if united win the treble this season

SAF will go down as the best club manager ever in history

Mourinho made Drogba what he is, and Lampard what he was, among others.

had players saying "i want to play for mourinho" when he was unemployed, most players would follow him whatever club he goes to if the club let them.

best club manager in history would have to win more than one different league - playing the same teams year in year out isn't the same as landing in a new country, taking control of the team and winning a league You've never played in before.

the Christiano Ronaldo thing - normal procedure. Complete control over footballing matters, or bounce.

when club owners want the title, they phone Jose and they ask him his price.

im sure if SAF moved to a different european league or team he would be equally as succesfull he has also managed to get one over mourinho on several occasions he won the title back of chelsea when mourinho was in charge which made him quit chelsea. united have a style of play that not many teams in europe have . im not sure youd find any team as lethal and quick as united are on a counter attack . the english teams arent the same year in year out usually there new club owners so new mangers and players come into it. The arsenal team that won league in 2003 aint the same team they have noww. thats a stupid point to make . yes mourinho has the arrogance and charisma that not many managers have these days.but that would only make him more hated by other managers and teams which would lead to them being more eager to beat him he doesnt have the respect of many managers that sir alex has. His teams are very boring to watch. he talks about how succesful he is and how great he is all the time which gets a bit boring. he always has an excuse for losses.

im sure if SAF moved to a different european league or team he would be equally as succesfull

he won the title back of chelsea when mourinho was in charge which made him quit chelsea.

he hasn't, so You can't be sure, Mourinho has.

Mourinho quit Chelsea because transfers were being made he didn't want ( Shevchenko ) - manager not completely in charge of footballing matters - manager leaves. happened with martin o neil. and i'm pretty sure he was fired, and didn't quit.

so we still arrive at my original conclusion - Alex Ferguson's great at managing his side he's managed for 25 years, Mourinho's great at coming into a new side in a new country and winning the league. You decide what's a bigger accomplishment for You

• Upvote 1