Care Home

Guest Supreme Allah

depends you never know maybe not a care home but a live in carer yesif they needed to wear dipers, be fed, clothed and need 24 hour attention.... do you think you could do it?bare in mind you might have children of your own as well as a full time job etc....../my grandmas flat is in an "extra care" scheme charity building..... its sick flats bigger then mine..... private parking in a nice area.... shes still young and doesn't need a carer or anything but its fitted with an alarm system with sick access and fast response for paramedics....doesnt have to worry about break ins...dodgy heating....dodgy door to door thieves..... the place has got its own laundrette, gym, cinema, libary...... swear down I would live there rent is cheap too

Guest Lemons

My great grandma was in one at the end of it all. She didn't recognise anyone or anything, we (me and my brothers) just used to sit outside in the garden and play catch with apples.The way it used to break my mums heart to go and see her like that was pretty upsetting.

Guest Esquilax

Not a care home, noI can't see my Dad ever doing that, think he would rather die tbhI think me and my brother will make sure they get whatever they want, just ask them, if they're of sound mind obv

Guest Supreme Allah
depends you never know maybe not a care home but a live in carer yesif they needed to wear dipers, be fed, clothed and need 24 hour attention.... do you think you could do it?bare in mind you might have children of your own as well as a full time job etc....../my grandmas flat is in an "extra care" scheme charity building..... its sick flats bigger then mine..... private parking in a nice area.... shes still young and doesn't need a carer or anything but its fitted with an alarm system with sick access and fast response for paramedics....doesnt have to worry about break ins...dodgy heating....dodgy door to door thieves..... the place has got its own laundrette, gym, cinema, libary...... swear down I would live there rent is cheap too
that place sounds kinda nice still, but I just see care homes as filled with like 20 people and low level of care with underpaid nurses takin the piss.own flat with safety measures sounds alright thoughone of my family friends is in a care home, first met her about 10 years ago, always used to bring me gifts and come over for xmas dinner2008 i went to visit her in the care home and she didnt even know who I was had to keep shouting my name to her.just dont like them places there was like 10 of them just sitting there shouting random stuff, place looked horrible

disagree with "putting them in a home" as the OP states - I would want it to be their choice as long as they were able to think straight and look after themselveslive in carer would be best option, but that would most likely be a relative, or some rotation of relatives. and for myself, i hope I never have to depend on anyone to do basic things like going toilet / bath etc.

i once cared for someone Like that^^^ not really degenerating even, but was serious enough.its very hard even for the most caring of family, and needs some expert help.had to have 4 shifts of staff coming in. and then theres the acceptance of requiring such help from the elderly person.having said that, if we had put him in a care home, he wouldve probably died 5yrs or more before he did at home.

swear ur not allowed to work with ppl on comm service if uve got wots considered a violent/dangerous crime
im painting/caulking not actually working with them but probation said im low risk anyway
how can u get a case for apparently being violent and they still say ur low risk.did u actually fight?
yeah judge nearly gave me 6 months insidebut its not stealing or anything sexual so you are more trusted and it werent too violent only affray init but my boy who jus came out said bare people were in for affray so i was kinda lucky