So you think you can squat/bench?

Skenghis Khan

thanks for the videoi stopped squatting because it just wasn't good for my knees/hips. i know that means it's probably a form thing but actually even when squatting light i was getting pains, and i either couldn't correct the form or my body just isn't built for itstopped benching cos i only lift twice a week now (focusing more on lots of cardio and bodyweight exercises as i want to be fit) so i try to work legs, back and shoulders and i kind of gave up on bench/chest because 1. i do a lot of press ups, 2. i know i don't have time to bench every week so i won't be progressing

how do bw squats feel? do you feel like you could topple backwards? hows your flexibility? sounds like it might be a major lack of flexibility. i have really tight hip flexors and IT band especially on my left side, it causes pain in my knee/back/shins if i dont stretch/warm-up adequately. I think its ok to focus on deadlifting personally, some ppl like weight on their back and others prefer to pick stuff up. even if you arent squatting regularly you should still work on ur flexibility and opening up ur hip because its just going to make life better.i highly recommend you think about training overhead/military press as one of the main lifts in ur routine, it has serious carryover for the bench press, if ur taking OH press seriously, setting pbs and breaking them ur bench will get stronger anyway and lifting big weights over ur head is something that strong ppl do and its also old skool.the press and DL are my two favorite movements. if i was only allowed to do two exercises for the rest of my life i would pick them over squat and bench.

• 3 weeks later...