Emotional songs

Guest Esquilax

Guest 11 Bills

After my Dad died in '09, to this day, tear a man up real quick.

When the backing singers join in on the last chorus aswell, sh*t, took me to church on that one...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

my gran used to sing this to me when i was little to get me off to sleep, i start yawning uncontrollably when i hear a woman sing it cos i still connect it with sleep

this song is extra emotional after my uncle's wake. laying out the body is traditional at an irish wake but we couldnt do that so we had his battered old arm chair instead, and we all sung danny boy to it. it was quite poignant, singing to this empty chair in the middle of the room that still had his indentation in it, not a dry eye in the room.

lol this one reminds me off my grandad, he would sing it at a do if had a couple of drinks in him. he liked it cos he was called jim and was a drayman and he married a short fiery irishwoman who didnt suffer fools. my mum still sings this in his voice to reminisce

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdR8fAIFnAk

this tracks emotional for two reasons. one my uncle (he was actually my cousin, and not actually blood but i called him uncle) said i could pick out one of his records and borrow it, and i picked this, this is the b side but it was my favorite. ended up borrowing indefinitely, and then someone took my uncle's life, so the record is kind of sad for me and a treasured possession. years later i put it on at a house party and my girlfriend walked in the room and i met her for the first time so i connect it with her as well.

Guest 11 Bills

yes im aware of the original, yes i prefer this one, the other one is just too 80's with them excited synths

care not, this is one of my favourite songs