University of Greenwich Protest/Occupation

Ashman

I agree with your point about people needing to be more active but protesting over anything also degrades the meaning of a protest.

True its all relative maybe 30 year back a protest over such action would be relevent.with the whole nuke.cold war working class riots and that fighting the 'system' but in todays world it seems. Twee and feeble.. when the disgrace of the tuition fee scandal public cuts and basically a real damming change in uni ed altogether.

You really think some jumped up course of no importance in todays world really worth fighting for when relevant courses that could help this country future are getting hacked to bits

my 2 sisters both at uni at mo.nursing and sciences now these courses important courses that are being descimated so excuse me if I don't root for your cause

You lot love having a pop at ashman but at least he stands up for what he believes in, more than most of you can say tbh

Sorry that I do not believe in Philosophy as a single honours...

You do not have to believe in it. Have you ever taken a Philosophy single honours degree? You know, not so long ago, some people believed that black people shouldn't have rights either so to be pretty frank and with all due respect... f*ck what you believe mate. Have a nice day Sir.

I agree with your point about people needing to be more active but protesting over anything also degrades the meaning of a protest.

‎"First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew. Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist. Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist. Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me." - Martin Niemoeller

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

True its all relative maybe 30 year back a protest over such action would be relevent.with the whole nuke.cold war working class riots and that fighting the 'system' but in todays world it seems. Twee and feeble.. when the disgrace of the tuition fee scandal public cuts and basically a real damming change in uni ed altogether.

You really think some jumped up course of no importance in todays world really worth fighting for when relevant courses that could help this country future are getting hacked to bits

my 2 sisters both at uni at mo.nursing and sciences now these courses important courses that are being descimated so excuse me if I don't root for your cause

You would back it because it is your sister's course. If your sister was heavily into something and it made her happy doing it and it was her dream and ambition to do that in life, are you seriously telling me you would give her the same lines you are giving me now?

I suppose this is why we need philosophy because some people seriously need to open their minds and try to see things differently and outside their own line of reason/thought.

It's how robots are made and they don't want you to think for yourself pretty much.

You lot love having a pop at ashman but at least he stands up for what he believes in, more than most of you can say tbh

Love this guy (no homo)

You wouldn't if you saw what he was saying on MSN about you.

:lol:

:Y:

hahahaha

well, I still love the bredda because in all fairness, he messages me on msn at times and slags me off too lol

‎"First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew. Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist. Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist. Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me." - Martin Niemoeller

pos for that quote

You do not have to believe in it. Have you ever taken a Philosophy single honours degree? You know, not so long ago, some people believed that black people shouldn't have rights either so

You mean that not so long ago you believed black people shouldnt have rights.

From when you change your own philosophy every 2 months you need to shut up.

30 years old doing Philosophy at Greenwich?

lol.

• Upvote 2

If you're gonna come with a quote at least come with one we've never heard before...

You do not have to believe in it. Have you ever taken a Philosophy single honours degree? You know, not so long ago, some people believed that black people shouldn't have rights either so

You mean that not so long ago you believed black people shouldnt have rights.

From when you change your own philosophy every 2 months you need to shut up.

30 years old doing Philosophy at Greenwich?

lol.

Where did I EVER say black people shouldn't have rights? even in my uneducated RWD days, I may have suggested many things, but never that my boy.