psn down?

neeko

Guest Medic

Sony say it was an "external intrusion", nice euphemism for what Skemer said. It was hacked earlier this month I read aswell, that time by Anon. :D @ free maps, you mad son. You're getting them 1 month later and at normal price.

• Downvote 1

Guest Fat Eric
Sony say it was an "external intrusion", nice euphemism for what Skemer said. It was hacked earlier this month I read aswell, that time by Anon. :D @ free maps, you mad son. You're getting them 1 month later and at normal price.
Lolits a pisstake

seriously thoughif they dont give me free cod maps or something im copping an xbox
pos'd this, c'mon mate just get an xbox, it's not as thugged out as u think, i know ur shook of us but we're cool really
  • Upvote 2

Guest Medic

So no PSN plus members will be asking for a refund because of this prolonged offline status?/No I dont have a PS3, though I was actually very close in getting one, quite a funny story, although not for this topic.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We sincerely regret that PlayStation Network and Qriocity services have been suspended, and we are working around the clock to bring them both back online. Our efforts to resolve this matter involve re-building our system to further strengthen our network infrastructure. Though this task is time-consuming, we decided it was worth the time necessary to provide the system with additional security.We thank you for your patience to date and ask for a little more while we move towards completion of this project. We will continue to give you updates as they become available.

A source with close connections to Sony Computer Entertainment Europe reports that the attack to the PlayStation Network may be a bit deeper than originally reported by Sony. According to the source, who wishes to remain anonymous, the PSN sustained a LOIC attack (which created a denial-of-service attack) that damaged the server. There was also a concentrated attack on the PlayStation servers holding account information. In addition, “Admin Dev accounts were breached.” As a result, “Sony then shut down the PSN and [is] currently in the process of restoring backups to new servers with new admin dev accounts.” The SCEE source said Japanese servers may be restored tomorrow while the U.S. and E.U. servers will likely be operational the following day.
Could've happened to any service. 4Chan technology. :D