psn down?

neeko

Someone has released the chat logs of the apparant hackers.. its mad long but I read it. Here are the interesting bits

<user2>  cuz its way too easy todo scamming at this point  <user2>  for example:  <user2>  creditCard.paymentMethodId=VISA&creditCard.holderName=Max&creditCard.cardNumber=4558254723658741&creditCard.expireYear=2012&creditCard.expireMonth=2&creditCard.securityCode=214&creditCard.address.address1=example street%2024%20&creditCard.address.city=city1%20&creditCard.address.province=abc%20&creditCard.address.postalCode=12345%20  <user2>  sent as plaintext  <user3>  uh  <user3>  did you censor that card?  <user2>  ya its fake  <user3>  good  <user1>  wow, plaintext :S  <user5>  plaintext wow  <user3>  im never putting in my details like that  <user2>  ya is all fake lol  <user2>  i never used cc on ps3  <user2>  normally you ATLEAST enccrypt the securtity code, even if its ssl  <user5>  id hope sony would do such in a safe manner  <user5>  psn cards probably plain text to then  <user2>  fake certs are known since years as vuln so companies encrypt such data twice normally  <user2>  but hey its sony --> its a feature  <user5>  lol  <user7>  lol  <user5>  yeah if you go public with your info they either remove the store or psn all together  <user5>  as an update  <user6>  I doubt it   <user7>  from all the actions they've taken the past years, we can only deduce that Sony don't care about their customers

<user2>  another funny function i found is regarding psn downloads  <user2>  its when a pkg game is requested from the store  <user2>  in the url itself you can define if you get the game free or not. requires some modification in hashes and so on tho  <user3>  ..  <user2>  is like  <user8>    <user3>  my god  <user2>  drm:off  <user5>  lol  <user2>  lol  <user1>  :facepalm:

<user2>  also i found data it collects when i had usb device attached etc etc  <user2>  so if they ever sue someone for psn stuff, they will be sued themselves as most of the data they collect is just not legal

Nah deffo not psn.. some other means of chat.. duno how legit they are or who got them though/Its not the cc info you should be worried about, its identity fraud. Pretty sure there is enough there to get credit on your name.

• Upvote 1

Someone has released the chat logs of the apparant hackers.. its mad long but I read it. Here are the interesting bits
 <user2>  another funny function i found is regarding psn downloads  <user2>  its when a pkg game is requested from the store  <user2>  in the url itself you can define if you get the game free or not. requires some modification in hashes and so on tho  <user3>  ..  <user2>  is like  <user8>    <user3>  my god  <user2>  drm:off  <user5>  lol  <user2>  lol  <user1>  :facepalm:

gdh;l;lgfdljkfjfgPlaystation owners I SERIOUSLY suggest you sell you PS3 now and give the xbossdon a go. If this ever happened on a Xbox I would never renew my yearly sub again. From day your deets are stored in a .txt file with no simple password function which encrypts it.... f*ck*ng hell. WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE.

Guest haze-e

This is crazy.If they have chat logs do they have the culprits? Meh. I guess such hackers would do enough to speak so brazenly and not get caught by anyone.

my deets :D

Just decided to read this topic.LMFAOThis has gone to sh*t so bad some guys on Sony's payroll are going to be lining up for the guillotine.*goes back to playing on xbox live*

Guest Esquilax
Just decided to read this topic.LMFAOThis has gone to sh*t so bad some guys on Sony's payroll are going to be lining up for the guillotine.*goes back to playing on xbox live*
'OK, who's idea was it to have all our customers info in plaintext?'*Waterboards whole staff*