Royal Navy Aircraft Carriers

Guest Awesome Kong

Guest Awesome Kong

What are your opinions on their and the Harrier's retirement?

I know that we will have two new carriers in ten years but that leaves a 10 year gap without carriers. If they are not needed in that ten years then what is the point in having two new carriers anyway?

Also, the Harrier aging and our lack of ability to create our own aircraft marks how weak this country is in the 21st century, am I right?

Discuss.

• Downvote 3

Guest 11 Bills

them pots there

got a leaflet through recently regarding May elections

Rochdale council has to cut its budget my £100m

thats nuts

proper askin everyone to slow down n watch what theyre spending on then just go to war

ffs

should of replaced the harriers 10 years ago anyways there ain't even going to be aircraft to put on these carriers when they are built

some joke ting tbh

lol @ the eurofighter aswell how many have crashed now?

Thats not the worst thing, we dont have enough qualified pilots to fly the bastards.

Guest Awesome Kong

should of replaced the harriers 10 years ago anyways there ain't even going to be aircraft to put on these carriers when they are built

some joke ting tbh

lol @ the eurofighter aswell how many have crashed now?

Thats not the worst thing, we dont have enough qualified pilots to fly the bastards.

@Gattsu

Eurofighter is technically already obsolete when you compare it to the F-22/F-35 which makes no sense, just like the Griphen and Rafael (sp).

/

LOL @ the cut backs yet always beg to go into wars smh.

We failed when the comet flopped and the USA bullied us to get rid of this jet because they were scared we would overtake them in technology:

tsr2_og_bw01.jpg

Guest Awesome Kong

TSR2, at the time it was the most advance aircraft in the early 50s, this techology wasn't seen till the F-111, Tornado, Harrier and Concord (look at any of these and you'll see the familiarity).

WHY? They basically took ages to incorporate the technology of this aircraft into the ones highlighted. Ever since we got bullied into not making it our airforce has been weak and aero engineering declined :(

Guest Awesome Kong

They will be three times larger than our current/former carriers. 66k tons but they wont have as many aircraft. They will still be smaller than the Nimitz class (american carriers) and the new american carriers. Yes they do have the F-35s. They may even carry the Eurofighter if the company decide to produce naval versions.

Guest Awesome Kong

LOL but like me you probably know how to build one and the calculations needed, that's what is MOST important.

/

On your course did they make you do modules in the workshop (CNC machining and fabrication)? Just wanted to know because I heard heard hardly any do this.