Summer of Struggle

Chicharito

Could this be the first year Wenger will struggle to keep his players.Looking back on previous years we've always had a determined team, keyword: Determined.Wenger has allways been able to convince his squad there is more to come, he's always been able to make his team feel that they are in a glorious and prosperous position by having a contract with Arsenal, this is probably easier with motivated individuals.We've seen a squad of mentaly frail individuals this year, throughout the spine of the team coming out and saying things that no Arsenal player in the last 30 plus years would have dared to say, there is no respect or love for the club anymore, its asif the players don't understand there is more to 90 minutes of football thats not your job, you have to play 180 minute of football mentality and physically both on and off the pitch.We stroll about, influenced by other media interests thinking turning up is what the jobs about, from the time Vieira had already started his match in the dressing room and the tunnel you knew when he stepped out onto that pitch he wasnt coming home to his family without a win, he wouldn't let the fans see him unable to find the inner depths of his heart to cover every inch of that Highbury pitch.We lack leaders, our team is bottlers and have never been in for the cause from the moment the season kicked off at Anfield, I can see Wenger having trouble keeping one or two players, they just don't believe in the pilosophy and its f*ck*ng evident.Nasri, Arshavin, Cesc - three highly strung indivudals who in my opinion quit the club at Anfield and have wanted to get out ever since, Wenger cant keep them this summer and if he does spend 4 months trying to legislate with them its only going to hamper our chances of finding replacements, anyone get that last minute feeling again?

Certain players dont deserve this anyway.Cesc, Arshavin (to an extent), Nasri etc. came hereand have to train and play daily with guys like Eboue, Denilson, Squialcciits unfair on Cesc and co to expect them to stay and not get de-motivatedDont matter how good a player you are. If you drop down a level and train daily with shitter players, you become kinda shitter aswell

• Downvote 1

Here pal from Arsene...

"They have the opportunity here to do it in their own way, with their own philosophy, with their own togetherness," said Wenger."When you sign a contract for four or five years, you are committed through your contract to win trophies with the club where you sign. It is in no contract that if you do not win a trophy the first year, you can leave."Why should we sell Cesc [even if we received a 'silly' offer]? In our job it is difficult to know what is silly money. We have built our team around Cesc and we have Wilshere now as well and we want to keep doing that.""There are two trophies in the season: the championship and the Champions League. And they go only to two clubs. I don't see why every time you would have a movement of players every season - that is unbelievable. "Players cannot afford to be as patient as a fan or [the media] because they only have five or six years at the top of their game. Nobody asks them to wait. We can win straight away."You speak like the players are not responsible for winning trophies. They are as well responsible, as I am, as the fans are. Why do you think we pay the players? A club, a football team, is a togetherness between the manager, the players, the club, the philosophy. It's very difficult to say that if you do not win I go."Nasri and Gael Clichy have just over a year remaining on their respective contracts but Wenger believes both will agree new deals this summer."We are talking to Nasri and his agent already and we have the same situation with Clichy," explained the manager. "We have agreed to speak about it during the summer. "I am very optimistic [that they will stay]."
Drop a reply if you need me to decipher it for you, bare with me tho just going to attend to some business for the next couple of hours, then I can get back to you...

Do i think Wenger will ever do what i expect? Never havebut im starting to see signs of him willing to adapt to a changeHe will take a long hard at his career and squads and realize we need a Tony Adams style character back in that squad i think Cahill could be on the horizon bar Bolton/Man City taking the pisseven so im just as happy for him to find a big scary goon for half the price, from the eastern blockI think he is much more suggestible to fans/players opinions than we think, and silent stan will prob be keen on a change of heart, if the club is actually in a healthy financial position, can see some "well in order to build mine and yours portfolio i think its time we win some trophies so take this wad and use it wiselyNo new business owner wants to set off offending/dismissing their clients/audience I think the fact that Wenger is willing to take the team on tour is a perfect example of his openness to suggestions

• Upvote 1

LOL at thinking we need drastic changes not just some tweaks with talent/experience, plus better squad signingsI think we do need a reduction to the size of our squad tbhbar Almunia, Scuillachi (and poss Eboue)no one else needs to go (from ur list)what do think of us having a more british squad?GIbbs, Wiltshere, Theo (there already) but Frimpong, Ramsey, JET, Lansbury, Bartley playing more permanent roles? Do u think that could happen? do u think it could inject more passion and heart into our play, with that many heads

JET - Hasn't the engine to play 45 minutes up to 3 times a week, would be a good last 5 minute sub.BARTLEY - Sounds very arrogant, can't play in a high line and would probably be used as a DMCLANSBURY - Would be a very good squad player, can't see him settling for that after being a key player for Norwich, realistic chances of England call up if he does 35+ games a seasonTHEO - 4 years and has let us down against teams he cant run in behind, crossing has improved but no1 in the box.GIBBS - Injury prone, yet to show he has progressive tactically, still inept.RAMSEY - Lad is sheer class, snmFRIMPONG - Potentially an excellent 4-5-1 player for Wenger in the futureOUR PROSPECTS OUT OF 106.5

Been sold, lol.
Was peak, he looked like a star in the reserves.You get this Liverpool fans gassing about their yutes, from memory Barazite and Lupoli have been spitting images of Suso and that black lad they raving about.They've not seen much talent go through there so they won't understand that they'll never make it.Look how many wonderkids we've let go who've shon bright.These pool fans are gassed to the high heavens.

Who here thinks Wenger will change and in turn make the necessary signings this summer?
No, i can see maybe one unexpected signing tbh at MOSTRealistically we need a Striker, a defender and I would like another ball winning midfielder. Not to necessarily take Songs place but to challenge him as any player seeing Denilson as their alternative must be thinking this is the life. Plus when Song does get injured it tends to leave a gaping hole which leaves us more vulnerable. Would also give us more options if Wenger decided to play song more box to box, allow Song to be more dynamic as he has alot of decent forward play at times. Not to mention is discipline to play the actual DM role is questionable at times, although Wenger admitted he likes song to get forward more than he probably should.I swear if we had one quality defender who could take control the rest would fall into line or show significant improvement. At the moment all our CB's are just a bunch of lost souls, not a leader between them. Its not a unit its just four guys playing as defenders.
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

FIRST TEAM---------------------------------------SCHEZNEY-------------------------------------------------SAGNA-----------------CAHILL-------------HOWEDES------------------VERMALEN--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------VUJOKEVIC--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------RAMSEY-------------WILSHERE-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------NASRI----------------------------------------------------------------------------REMY-------------------------------------------------------LUKAKU------------------------------------------------

• Downvote 6