Summer of Struggle

Chicharito

Only Man Utd can claim to have had a better season then Arsenal. It's only been the manner of our draws/defeats that have made this season seem worse then it actually is.- Fighting for the league up until game 34 (and even now there's still a very slim chance)- Carling Cup final (lost to last minute freak goal)- FA Cup quarter final (lost to Man Utd)- Champions League last 16 (knocked out by the best club team of this generation)- 4th best defence in the Premiership (we would be 1st if it wasnt for 4-4 Newcastle game)This current team doesn't need a major overhaul, like someone said earlier in this thread it just needs 2-3 players replaced.

• Upvote 1

Guest M12 Part 2
Only Man Utd can claim to have had a better season then Arsenal. It's only been the manner of our draws/defeats that have made this season seem worse then it actually is.- Fighting for the league up until game 34 (and even now there's still a very slim chance)- Carling Cup final (lost to last minute freak goal)- FA Cup quarter final (lost to Man Utd)- Champions League last 16 (knocked out by the best club team of this generation)- 4th best defence in the Premiership (we would be 1st if it wasnt for 4-4 Newcastle game)This current team doesn't need a major overhaul, like someone said earlier in this thread it just needs 2-3 players replaced.
Of course it needs an overhaul. This is the worst we (Manchester United) have been in years. We have only just started hitting our stride recently and theres 4 games left in the league! We've been absolute sh*t away from home all year and have ground out plenty of results without playing that well. Next season it wont be like this. Same can be said for Chelsea and theres a case for saying it with Liverpool and City. This is the best Arsenal have been in recent years its just lucky it's coincided with the other contenders being at their worst. You are nowhere near the levels required to be called a realistic threat.

tbh when i think about it Arsene could just be gassing to raise his price...edit Allot of what u say m12 is my biggest fear everyone will come back strong, spend the money in the right places bar us who will loose some valuable players, arsene will then try replace them, with inexperienced heads who will be good enough to get us champions league and then when certain man are f*cked with injuries we will bring back a ex gunner, to help out :D this is the biggest summer in arsenes career surely, otherwise the black scarf gang gonna be huge

If fab goes for less than 40 mil then I will be PISSED he's worth at leasts 60 tbh
Thing is only Barca could get Cesc at around the 30 Million region and they know it. Make no mistake Cesc will do the kicking and screaming thing this summer if we start turning down bids from Barca. Wenger will give it his blessing anyway as i'm sure he told Cesc last summer to give Arsenal one more shot, this is gonna be our season etc.30-35m with Cesc telling Arsenal you brought me for pennies should get him the move, we'll probably hold out for that 40 mil till the end though before accepting a last minute bid of deadline day.

We don't need a direct replacement for Cesc, Nasri will move into his role and Wenger will probably purchase a wide player (Hazard maybe)on top of a maybe a defensive midfielder(I would hope)Regardless I think Wenger would actually buy first and then sell Fab, so he doesn't have to rush around with a pocket full of money.Dunno just theorising here

Cesc transfer to Barcelona isn't as simple as everybody thinks.Of course Guardiola would like Cesc, he'd told either owner to make it happen.But Cesc was used as a politicial pawn this time last year... I truly do believe Wenger would have to had made the decision to sell him for a deal to happen. As Rossell is currently using any excuse to not do a deal.Barcelona fans are still mixed on Cesc too... I see a, To buy or not to buy? Fabregas poll started this month, and yes was 5.01%, no was 34.84%, If the price/time is right was leading at 48.12% and The price/time will never be right was 12.03%.

The thing that bothers me about Cesc was he left us during our hard times, to go to Arsenal during their glory times. Now that Arsenal are in a rough patch, and we’re glowing he wants to come back?There’s no loyalty there, to either club! Only a desire for trophies.

Guest M12 Part 2

that quote is complete sh*t. He left because the route to first team football was quicker/more assured and Wenger had a reputation for nurturing youth. It was never a thing where he was joining a better club. It's just he felt he was ahead in his development from where Barca thought he was and the way hes developed since he was right.

TBH thats not the first time Ive seen Barcelona fans say that about Cesc.Cesc joined Arsenal in 2003. Barcelona hadn't won the league in four seasons... Lets not overlook why Figo left Barcelona for Real Madrid...I'm pretty sure Cesc left as Laporta joined and that was citied as one of the mistake Laporta claimed he had to rectify before he left last summer.

Guest M12 Part 2

Arsenal fans are deluded.You're right he left Barcelona because he thought Arsenal were better than them. Had nothing to with the fact he was nowhere near the Barca 1st team and had practically no chance of getting in front of players like Davids, Iniesta, Xavi. He went to Arsenal because Edu, Vieira and Parlour were better central midfielders than them and he could learn more. :D

plus u just gotta look at that Arsenal squad in 03, exciting prospect with a style of football that was :D and had proven to be a major threat to the Mancs, Lolpools Abram had only just stepped in the front door for Chelskiand the premiership in general i dont remember there being any question them times about la liga being better

Guest M12 Part 2

you lot are actually mad. Fabregas left Barcelona for Arsenal because he was upgrading to a better team. :D Im glad this isnt part of the main sports room

Several players and their families from that years La Masia team complained that the Barcelona staff/officials only cared about Lionel Messi and making sure foreign scouts/clubs didn't get him and would do whatever was needed for him and his family to make him stay at the neglect of others.So when Arsenal and Man Utd popped up for Fabregas and Pique, flashing £££ notes, I assume to Barcelona it was well at least it ain't Messi.

Fútbol Club Barcelona's 2002–03 season was the final year of President Joan Gaspart's reign. It was also his least successful at Barcelona, with the club changing manager three times during the course of the season, disrupting the league campaign. The club eventually finished in sixth place in the La Liga table, amounting to Barça's worst position in 15 years. In the Copa del Rey the side failed to get past the Round of 32; however they fared slightly better in Europe, reaching the quarter-finals of the UEFA Champions League. Patrick Kluivert was top scorer for the second year in a row, with 21 goals in all competitions. The end of the season brought wholesale changes in management, the board and squad of players.
The 2002–03 season was Arsenal Football Club's 11th year in the Premier League. The club from North London began the new campaign as Double winners, and with manager Arsène Wenger committing himself to the club for a further four years, there was more expectation then ever as to whether this current crop of superstars could retain their status as England's finest or make a stride forward by dominating Europe for years to come. With their brand of stylish, swashbuckling football assisted by flawless passing and accurate visionary skills, it became a matter of which Arsenal player would go on to score rather than if and how. Comparisons between the Ajaxs, Real Madrids, and Liverpools of yesteryear were rightly made as the season progressed and the bookies, plaudits and pundits were won over come November that the title would stay at Highbury – none predicting the team's badly timed slip up, domestically and abroad, come the early weeks of spring.

Guest M12 Part 2

Let me just clarify this one more time. Fabregas who wasnt even in Barcelona's first team squad engineered himself a move to Arsenal so he'd be playing for a better team with better players. :D The kid couldnt even train with the 1st team but he thought you know what I'll go to an even "better team" I'm sure they'll let me play.I see where Nicky Bendtner gets it from now, you're all in it together.