Modern Warfare 3

zlastboss

Did like the story, wanna see how it all pans out.

They will prob working on a new engine after this IMO, been using this 1 for time now and after seeing Battlefield 3, CoD is looking dated.

Still will be the biggest selling game of the year, breaking all records etc, Hopefully there wont be major differences, due to so many ppl leaving IW.

Guest haze-e

Don't you like Black Ops ?

Nah. I feel like it went backwards in a lot of ways. Also the state of online... I feel genuinely sorry for anyone on PS3 that plays this.

One of the main things id like to see is dedicated servers or at least a better way to do the networking. Its 2011 and host advantage is still a factor. People still have to worry about coming up agains yanks and getting yellow ping if your side aint host The game is still in the hands of one user, and if he quits there is a possibility of it ending, allow it. Also i wish they would give the option of finding games via lobbies rather than just matchmaking. f*ck constantly being put in games about to end. (There needs to be more punishment for people that leave aswell) I know lobbies may aid boosting etc, but there are other good was of combating that.

Guest haze-e

Nah. I feel like it went backwards in a lot of ways. Also the state of online... I feel genuinely sorry for anyone on PS3 that plays this.

why? genuine question

cos of laggy servers? the players noob tubing/camping/etc?

Well, I have always found the online on PS3 lacks compared to Xbox Live. In terms of lag/speed, DLC, unmanaged servers etc.

I do have both so its not just hearsay and friends I base this on. My PS3 only gets used for single player games (MGS, Heavy Rain) because I prefer the online experience on the Xbox.

why? genuine question

Well, I have always found the online on PS3 lacks compared to Xbox Live. In terms of lag/speed, DLC, unmanaged servers etc.

I do have both so its not just hearsay and friends I base this on. My PS3 only gets used for single player games (MGS, Heavy Rain) because I prefer the online experience on the Xbox.

Its only like that for multiplatform games though. Have you played any Sony published multiplayer games( socom, warhawk, etc) online is fantastic, no lag, loads of dlc and the games get patched properly. With the multiplatforms I think its a case of them developing for the Xbox from the ground up and then moving lots of stuff over and editing parts so it works on the ps3. I dont think that many games are optimized to use the capabilities of the ps3.

• Upvote 1

Guest haze-e

For some reason it won't let me edit.

In regards to not liking the game, its purely based on that fact that I don't find it fun. The connection issues and hit detection is a joke. I find no incentive to play this really. Ok there's golden guns at the final prestige but what if you don't want to prestige?

Claymores (as much as I use them) are broken unless they buss that quickly IRL lol. I don't really care about camping and noobtubeing - its all part and parcel with COD since 4, which everyone knows was my favourite.

Either way I would much rather play Zombies than actual online. A lot more fun imo.

Guest haze-e

why? genuine question

Its only like that for multiplatform games though. Have you played any Sony published multiplayer games( socom, warhawk, etc) online is fantastic, no lag, loads of dlc and the games get patched properly. With the multiplatforms I think its a case of them developing for the Xbox from the ground up and then moving lots of stuff over and editing parts so it works on the ps3. I dont think that many games are optimized to use the capabilities of the ps3.

That's fair enough. I honestly have never played Sony published games so I can only take your word and not argue.

What about MAG? 256 players... did that work?

why? genuine question

That's fair enough. I honestly have never played Sony published games so I can only take your word and not argue.

What about MAG? 256 players... did that work?

I only played the Beta so couldnt say for sure but I dont think ive read or heard about any major problems with the servers/lag. People do still play it and its still getting patches/dlc.

For some reason it won't let me edit.

In regards to not liking the game, its purely based on that fact that I don't find it fun. The connection issues and hit detection is a joke. I find no incentive to play this really. Ok there's golden guns at the final prestige but what if you don't want to prestige?

Claymores (as much as I use them) are broken unless they buss that quickly IRL lol. I don't really care about camping and noobtubeing - its all part and parcel with COD since 4, which everyone knows was my favourite.

Either way I would much rather play Zombies than actual online. A lot more fun imo.

fair enuff. i get what your saying, had a lot of hit detection and lag issues.

i've had an ok run for a bit recently but dunno if im just getting lucky for now.

the worst thing is if the lag is influencing people's gameplay to be more defensive or just not be able to get into a good run.

dedicated servers >>>>> ______________

that and vote kick are things i miss from the PC

Played on the PC with someone from here a few years back... Skemar? Eric? Someone with a cracked copy of the game so we were on boog cracked servers.

24/7 FFA Shipment 25 slots :lol:

On larger maps 15-20 ppl is so much better for FFA than...8 :unsure: as long as it doesnt descent into spawn raping

Guest Fat Eric

Played on the PC with someone from here a few years back... Skemar? Eric? Someone with a cracked copy of the game so we were on boog cracked servers.

On larger maps 15-20 ppl is so much better for FFA than...8 :unsure: as long as it doesnt descent into spawn raping

Yeah it was me and Emeks. He had the cracked copy so we had to play on shitty servers for him smh

I miss PC cod4, it was actually fun

With XFire and them clans we used to play with all the time

Oi emeks what happened to those people

• Upvote 1

Yeah it was me and Emeks. He had the cracked copy so we had to play on shitty servers for him smh

loool. i got legit copy now if u fancy couple games

and all those guys are ghost

Yeah my boy loves Black Ops on PC cos of this, pure diff rooms/rules

Guest Fat Eric

loool. i got legit copy now if u fancy couple games

and all those guys are ghost

lol got rid of my high spec pc and just copped a normal lappy. cod wont be the same on this piece of sh*t

/

bmx be quiet fella

• Upvote 1

Will it even be the same game now that Infinity Ward have all defected.

What?

They didnt all leave, just a gd few and made Respawn Ent.

There are pure game designers\anaimators out there, so dont think IW found it a prob to replace them. Revs can you vouch regaridng so many designers out there ?

The gaming industry was one of few to increase during the downturn