Modern Warfare 3

zlastboss

The series as a whole is quite easy to be good at tbh. The hit detection alone places blops near the bottom of the pile.

Also there are more usable guns in this. Not just the Famas...

This one is not very good (imo) but MW3>BLOPS

im tellin u straight black ops was :

a) harder to be good at, took more skill.

B) maps were great - there are no maps in mw3 on summit or WMDs level FACT

c)this game is so easy

d) the guns are pretty shit

e) graphics are cartoon like

i knew id be in the minority but damn... feels a bit like a step back

A. I disagree. For me Black ops was no challenge. Extra health meant that you would win most gun battles, flak jacket made you invincible to nades, so capturing points was simple. Hip fire was ridiculously strong, coupled with Steady aim you never required to ADS with an SMG. Also Famas was all powerful.

B. I'm with you on Summit. One of my favourite maps of any FPS, and MW3 really doesn't have a map like it. Maybe if Highrise returns. Overall I'm not too keen on MW3 maps, they all have too many buildings and items in the map. There's no open space, no Afghan/Bog type map, all of them are narrow corridor infested. Also why are their multiple fucking explosive bars and cars, random deaths because a player shot a car 5 mins earlier. Bullshit.

C. Already gone over this but just to elaborate a bit. The game is inconsistent, one game you will do well, in another you won't be able to get started at all. I guess thats just COD in general, but in this game its seems more common. The spawns are very erratic and unpredictable, especially in Kill Confirmed. I seem to get shot in the back more so than ever before.

D. I'm not sure what level you are, and if you've tried the guns unlocked at the later levels, but the guns aren't shit. That was one of the striking features of MW2, there were many "good guns", and it returns with this game. Honestly I think any of the Assault rifles can hold their own. Same with the SMGs; everyone knows about the UMP, the P90 has a great clip size and very low recoil, PP90 destroys up close and the MP7 is probably my favourite gun so far.

E. MW2 had better looking graphics I will say that. I like the brightly coloured maps like Terminal & Invasion, all the maps in MW3 are really dull and grey scale.

I think the non-gameplay features are a step back. Black ops did a lot of stuff right with presentation, the menus, game options, party options, the stats, theatre mode, constant support for the game. The gameplay was plagued with issues though; I do remember the spawns early in the game being a huge annoyance, made respawn game mode unplayable, along with the matchmaking, horrible hit detection, constant ghost/2nd chance.

Saying all of that, I did like Black ops. Zombies got hours of game time, heck I even went to 15th prestige on multiplayer, but I prefer MW3.

• Upvote 1