So My RS Pass has finished...

Sinister

Guest 11 Bills

f*ck a fileserve, i still get paypal notifications of them tryna charge my account from last summer. every f*ckin month (forgot paypal info)

I been using hotfile

expired a while ago though, I dont download as much as I did before, its mainly TV and software

Using Filesonic instead of Rapidshare now. Converted to them March 8th paying for a 30 day pass and my pass is still valid until 7th May for some reason. Had a problem with it once when it was going particularly slow one day but they apologized claiming they were working on the systems or something. Been fine since.

jus sh*t

p2p is sh*t

warezbb and a download site pass> >any torrent ever

Giganews + Newsleecher FTW, aint looked back since.

Part from MU, the rest are starting to get sh*t now, slow speeds etc. RS when it was rapidshare.de was the one.

links & how much?

Newsgroups are the way forward. You can get unlimited speed and quota for as little as $15/month but I paid $25 for 180Gb (does not expire) coz I dont download a lot on a regular basis.

What you need....(taken from yahoo answers with some edits by myself)

1. Premium Newsgroup Provider Account

Recommand Giganews or Astraweb. Generally you pay monthly with no download limit OR you can pay for an allowance of say 200Gb which does not have a time limit. The difference between newsgroup providers is retention. Retention basically means how long files are held on the server. For example, Giganews holds files for 911 days which means if someone uploaded something 910 ago chances are you can get it. Cheaper alternatives have a lower retention

2. Newsgroup reader software (client software)

Grabit. It's not as user friendly as others but its free and gets the job done

3. Index site

Similar to ThePirateBay for torrents. Basically, some are free and others you pay either a small monthly fee of $1 (eg Newzbin) or a 1 off payment (eg NzbMatrix). Other recommendations are Newzleech and Merlin's Portal (more can be found on google).

You might be wondering what a NZB file is. They basically tell your newsgroup reader where the files are located. You load the NZB file in your chosen newsgroup reader and it automatically starts downloading the given file.

--------------------------------------------------------

How to use usenet with Grabit:

http://torrentfreak.com/how-to-use-usenet-a-beginners-guide/

Basically you put in the server address and your account details then associate Grabit with nzb files. Then, when you click on a file on an index site it automatically opens grabit and starts your download.

Everything is encrypted with SSL or better and your downloads are from legitimate servers and hence files are rarely removed and speeds dont depend on seeders etc.

:Y: