Champions League Final 2011 Build up thread

anelka

Guest Klitschko

Tbf there's nothing wrong with that, he told noone to ask questions about Giggs before the conference, don't know what the guy should have expected.

• Upvote 1

Tbf there's nothing wrong with that, he told noone to ask questions about Giggs before the conference, don't know what the guy should have expected.
Imagine a journalist talking about experience being key in a CL final and mentioning a player taking part in his 4th final, madness.the whole handling of this Giggs thing has been hilarious, had they been humble about it the whole thing would have blown over but Giggs applying for a super injunction, trying to sue twitter and now this just keep drawing more attention to it.

Getting the super injunction was just common sense tbh, if it wasn't for the MP confirming it was him it'd be just speculation and rumour talk which can be ignored.Trying to sue twitter was silly, I'm no fan of the man as a man, but tbh if you want s good example if him being "petty" about something this isn't really a good choice. The announcement of the De Gea deal timed well, should take some of the heat off.

Guest Klitschko
Imagine a journalist talking about experience being key in a CL final and mentioning a player taking part in his 4th final, madness.
Nah because you know what he was doing thoughPlenty of journos have been banned from different teams groundthis isn't really any different

Journo asked a question, Fergie saw his intentions early & handle it well. Press officer had it too and this is why its petty, because Fergie could've kept it moving, but instead he wanted to flex his power and ban him immediately, something in which he is gonna fail on btw. Now this season at times I've felt the FA have been harsh and petty on Fergie, but this did make me think boy FA should get him every time, cos he's just as bad.Nobody cares what Giggs did, he ain't the first & he won't be the last, it's the attempt to cover up and handling of the whole situation which gets to a LOT of people.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest Klitschko
are people praisin fergies attempts to ban a free pressshame on you allwhen football loyaltys bamboozle folks intyo supporting wrong behaviour.. sh*t disgsuts meif henry did the same id rail against him even if he is an arsenal legendtoo many guys seeing these footballer as father figures .. embarrasin yourselvesgiggs disgrace himself with his behaviour and the journalist was wiithin his rights to ask qeustionsfuk fergie
At a press conference with the manager of the team, when the manager has explicitly stated he won't take any questions on the player, Ferguson was well within his rights to do what he did.Noones seeing anyone as anything, but if your coming to a press conference and I'm giving you the time of day to answer questions, don't ask me something I've told you not to.As for me personally, I don't read Heat magazine so what and who 'famous' people f*ck isn't going to bother me in the slightest, nor do I want to hear about it, seemingly unlike the rest of the I'm a celebrity watching, middle page reading tabloid buying group of wankers creaming themselves over this.

He didn't handle the question well imo, could have easily said ' It's an outstanding achievement for Giggs -hic- but this is about more than one player, whole team is going to be important -hic- blah blah blah'He's so used to bullying man and having his own way he forgot he was in europe and couldn't do f*ck all. 'We will get him', such a prick.

Guest Klitschko

Vidic had 9/4 odds yesterday to get a yellow at any time during the final, not sure what they are now but he's bound to drag someone down at one point.

Guest Klitschko

Surely not? I know they were refunding if Messi scoredThats ridiculous, I can put 200 hundred on United at 4-1, it's completely win-win ..

Guest FA23
Surely not? I know they were refunding if Messi scoredThats ridiculous, I can put 200 hundred on United at 4-1, it's completely win-win ..
its true.http://www.paddypower.com/ppc-pages/tv.htmledit: *selected betsgrom the pp blog
It’s not a secret anymore. No, we’re not talking about all that Super Injunction stuff…… but we can reveal Imogen Thomas is involved. The Welsh beauty is still getting plenty of gigs and she is helping us announce Paddy Power’s most generous Money-Back special ever on this year’s Champions League Final. If Barcelona win this match in normal time, Paddy Power will refund all losing 1st/Last Goalscorer, Correct Score and Scorecast singles on the match. It’s the BEST MONEY-BACK SPECIAL EVER!! If it happens, Paddy will be c-Ryan too!imogen-thomas-super-injunction.jpg

At a press conference with the manager of the team, when the manager has explicitly stated he won't take any questions on the player, Ferguson was well within his rights to do what he did.
The manager didn't state sh*t, the press officer would have or/and the printed brief in the press room would had, and tbh there are many occasions when journo's will totally disregard this once the conference starts and the press officer has to step in or the manager says no comment or faces up to the question.

He didn't handle the question well imo, could have easily said ' It's an outstanding achievement for Giggs -hic- but this is about more than one player, whole team is going to be important -hic- blah blah blah'He's so used to bullying man and having his own way he forgot he was in europe and couldn't do f*ck all. 'We will get him', such a prick.
Nah he did cos he nipped it in the bud, bait the question was a opening question to then dig deeper into Ryan Giggs.