Juice 2011 does any1 care?

anelka

SODMG founder Soulja Boy is taking it back to 1992. Well, sort of.

The Atlanta mogul in the making is currently hard at work revamping the classic Ernest d*ckerson film "Juice" with himself as the controversial gun-happy character Bishop originally played by none other than Tupac Shakur. Soulja's stab at remaking the film, more so taking on the task of acting as the 2011 Bishop, has brought the young MC an overwhelming amount of criticism as the role was defined as Shakur's breakout moment. Many who watched the film and witnessed a change in Pac's personality felt the Bishop character was alive and breathing even when the camera's were off.

For the past few days Soulja has been shooting the film in his Atlanta stomping grounds (the original film was shot in New York City) with a guest appearance from fellow ATLien Wacka Flocka Flame. The cast for the 1992 film "Juice" featured Omar Epps, Samuel Jackson, the lovely Cindy Herron from R&B group EnVouge and Jermaine 'Huggy' Hopkins as "Steel."

To accompany the visuals, SB released his "Juice" mixtape warming up the project in the streets. The street album was helmed by DJ Scream and newcomer Swamp-Izzo.

“This mixtape is called Juice, I’m giving the people what they want, giving the people what they need,” Soulja Boy told MTV's Mixtape Daily.

Soulja has since released the lead single off the project titled "Juice," far from a comparison to the original soundtracks first single, "Juice (Know The Ledge)" by Rakim.

“This the single to set the tone for the whole mixtape for the streets and where we goin’ this summer,” says Soulja.

While Soulja's "Juice" mixtape is up for debate time will tell if his onscreen performance can hold a candle to the late great Tupac.

http://rapfix.mtv.com/2011/05/02/does-soulja-boy-have-the-juice-to-take-on-tupacs-prized-role/

Does any1 care?

Im quite cross they're remaking this, i think it should be left alone, its a classic..

I like Soulja Boy & Waka but come on..

Guest 11 Bills

my nigga

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBtI-JMGUCo

cue generic statements about the world ending/music not being as good as it used to be/being intelligent than most artists/setting black people back a few years/if so and so didnt die this wouldnt exist/drop obscure tunes no ones ever heard of featuring the rappers grandma on decks on some exclusive sh*t to show ur ahead of the game etc

• Downvote 5