Arsene - I want B52 to stay

gemma

Arsène Wenger says he will sit down with Nicklas Bendtner at the end of the season to discuss his future and is hopeful the striker will stay at the Club. Bendtner has endured a frustrating campaign where opportunities have been limited since the arrival of Marouane Chamakh and then the return from injury of Robin van Persie. The Dane has found the net twice in three Premier League starts but Wenger insists he has no plans to let Bendtner leave in the summer. “I will sit down with Nicklas at the end of the season to see how he feels,” said the manager at his pre-match media briefing. “I hope he will stay. “I completely agree that he did not get enough chances - it was a very difficult season for him. He must be frustrated and I am as well because I feel he was not involved enough. “That is part of the competition as well but we will see where we go from here at the end of the season.”
so no new strikers for us then?

Dunno why Wenger is gassing him, I think Bendtner has had more than enough minutes this season.
On the wing though
Like I give a f*ck... If he wants to play thru the centre, he prays for RvP to get injured or becomes a better player than him...
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I always admire people with confidence. Them people that talk grease but only as long as they can back it upHe knew he was hitting way above his belt with them talk but you know what sometimes its just what certain people need to reach their potential is by creating a hype.for me the turning point was the chance he had against Barca. The only problem with people on that kind of hype is you have to realise that you may only get that one chance to show what your about. You know that big break that will excel you to stardom. That was his shot imo and he fluffed it.

• Upvote 1

Nicklas Bendtner is planning to sit down with Arsene Wenger and discuss his future as an Arsenal player.The Danish striker has regularly expressed his disappointment at a lack of first-team opportunities with the Gunners this season.He is unhappy to be regarded as little more than a squad player, with his services often deployed from off the bench.Bendtner has also aired his frustration at being played out of position when he does get onto the field, and admits he is keen to know where he stands in his manager's plans ahead of the summer."I need to have a talk with him [Wenger] because I'm not satisfied with playing on the right wing."Nicklas Bendtner Quotes of the week"I need to have a talk with him [Wenger] because I'm not satisfied with playing on the right wing, which I've done more or less all season long," Bendtner told TV2."I'm concentrating on getting our Champions League place and then we'll do the evaluation at the end of the season. It's certainly not the best thing for me but it's not up to me and sometimes you have to adapt to what the manager says."DreamBayern Munich are reported to be keeping a close eye on Bendtner's situation at the Emirates, with there a chance the transfer door could soon swing open.Bendtner has refused to comment on the speculation, but has revealed what his dream move would be.He added: "If it's a free choice, I choose Barcelona. I've never had any idols in the football world but if I had a dream player to play with then it would be Xavi and [Andres] Iniesta."
bplease.gif
  • Upvote 3

Don't visit the Lobby much, but since it's the only place I can post I thought someone might find this interesting. A Danish newsite recently gave the fans a chance to ask Bendtner any question they wanted, and Bendtner answered some quite interesting ones. I'll try and translate the most interesting ones: THE FANS: Why do you insist on staying at Arsenal, when you're not playing the position you like the most, and have to compete with Arshavin, Nasri and Walcott for Right Wing? BENDTNER: It's not optimal for me to play on the right, and it's not something I wish to do myself, but sometimes you just gotta do what the manager tells you to. FANS: Why is that people think Arsenal should sell you? BENDTNER: A big part of football is about split opinions, and if I was to listen to everyones opinion they spout out about me every day, I'd never know what the hell to do. So I think it's important that you listen to yourself, and the people you got around you. FANS: Would you prefer to play in a big club with a chance to sit on the bench for most of the time, or play for a smaller club and be a part of the starting 11? BENDTNER: The most important thing for me is to play football. FANS: In which club would you most want to play next season? BENDTNER: Free choice? Then I'll say Barcelona. FANS: When are you gonna score some goals? BENDTNER: When I'll play again! FANS: Would you play for Manchester United if you got the chance? BENDTNER: I definetly can't just reject that. FANS: Do you use some of your earlier successes, like the goal against Tottenham, when things aren't going to well for you? BENDTNER: Good question. It happens that I go on to youtube watch clips of myself from earlier - from years back and from present. Then I can see if I have moved forward since then. FANS: How much do you think about that you're a rolemodel for kids? BENDTNER: Of course it's something I'm incredibly proud of, and I try to live my life the best I can in this situation. But it's without a doubt something I'm honored to be. FANS: Who's your idol and dream partner in attack? BENDTNER: I've never had an idol, at least not in the football world. If I were to choose any player to aid me in attack, it would probably be Xavi or Iniesta from Barcelona. FANS: Who's the best manager you've worked under? BENDTNER: Well I've only worked for 2, so it'd have to be one of those 2, hehe. FANS: Would it be a defeat for you to go to a smaller club? BENDTNER: Not at all. FANS: A striker shouldn't lack confidence, but how about some realism? BENDTNER: I've probably said some things that have come back to haunt me. But when people ask me, how I feel things should go and how I see things in my head before they happen, well then I tell them what I hope and believe. I realize not everything I say happens. The future is hard to predict. I can't promise that I score a hattrick in the next international fixture, but if you ask me if I believe that I CAN score one and want to, then I'll say: Yes of course! But sometimes people misinterpretate what I say, and then people say I promised a hattrick. Sometimes I think it's important to be honest. I wouldn't say that if I score 10 goals then I'm satisfied, because I know I wouldn't be. FANS: Do you agree with Fabregas in that Arsenal can't both bet on developing players and win titles? BENDTNER: No, I don't FANS: Could you (would you) play in another London club than Arsenal? BENDTNER: Yes, I wouldn't mind. FANS: What's the best part about being a football player? BENDTNER: I get to do what I love every single day! Hope someone found this interesting, took me a decent amount of time to translate :D Source: http://sporten.tv2.dk/article.php/id-39 ... ml?forside" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;