Harry Out

Rsonist

Dont forget the Beckham circus that came to town. Harry and David cooking the lads pie n' mash everyday after training.f*ckin triffic.
Lol Spurs fans are great value/c/s Young Moolah/Suarez is more of a no.10, Spurs have enough of those, they need a no.9, Suarez wuda been too pretty..it not about panicking in Jan.. people gettting very carried away with Suarez, like his 4 goals wudda made any difference to Arsenal or Spurs... remember Lpool had EggNog, Kuyt and donkey Torres thats why hes had such an impact, no doubt hes quality but lets not go overboradThey need sum1 in the Adebayor, Drogba mould a strong no.9Defoe will score more next season, Crouch does a job double figures, Pav will bag and bring in that big striker.. without looking at any stats this season is prob the worst Pav, Defoe & Crouch have eva had goal-soring wise.. wont happen again

I think your selling Suarez short tbh. They have three "#9's" in Crouch, Pav, and Defoe, yes Defoe can't hold the ball up and put in a shift, but he still a #9. They have strikers in that moud, maybe not with great ability, but I think they need a striker that can do both, can play with them lot, or on his own working with what is an attacking midfield.Basically they need there own van Persie/Berbatov. Suarez was a good option IMO.

Dont forget the Beckham circus that came to town. Harry and David cooking the lads pie n' mash everyday after training.f*ckin triffic.
Lol Spurs fans are great value/c/s Young Moolah/Suarez is more of a no.10, Spurs have enough of those, they need a no.9, Suarez wuda been too pretty..it not about panicking in Jan.. people gettting very carried away with Suarez, like his 4 goals wudda made any difference to Arsenal or Spurs... remember Lpool had EggNog, Kuyt and donkey Torres thats why hes had such an impact, no doubt hes quality but lets not go overboradThey need sum1 in the Adebayor, Drogba mould a strong no.9Defoe will score more next season, Crouch does a job double figures, Pav will bag and bring in that big striker.. without looking at any stats this season is prob the worst Pav, Defoe & Crouch have eva had goal-soring wise.. wont happen again
Very true, many a time Suarez doesn't even play as our main striker, next season he will be paired with Carroll who Spurs actually tried to purchase and rightly so but unluckily for them he rejected them, Suarez at Ajax also played on the right of a front 3 many times, he is far from a archetypal number 9 that Spurs were craving for, the thing is Levy and Redknapp actually tried to get a striker in the 'Drogba mould' players like Llorente, Falcao, and Cavani were on their radar and they were willing to break the bank on a couple of occasions to get some of the aforementioned, unfortunately for them when you its not always easy to get those type of names in the January window with the inflated fees and teams not wanting to let go off them in the mid season etc.

Guest FA23
Harry Redknapp has revealed that he considered signing Luis Suárez in January but opted against making a bid after being told by scouts that the Uruguayan was not up to the grade.Redknapp's tantalising disclosure will set Tottenham Hotspur supporters wondering what might have been, as Suárez went on to sign for Liverpool and become a major factor in that club's reinvigoration, while Spurs' attempt to qualify for the Champions League fizzled out largely because of their inability to turn possession into goals.Suárez will be seeking to show Spurs what they missed on Sunday, as Liverpool meet Redknapp's team at Anfield in a match that could determine which of the sides finishes fifth. Redknapp said he dispatched numerous scouts to watch Suárez at Ajax before Liverpool paid £22.8m for him but was informed that the player was not adept at leading the line and was too similar to Rafael van der Vaart, for whom Spurs were seeking a partner rather than a replacement. Ultimately Spurs made failed offers for others strikers, including Fernando Llorente and Villarreal's Giuseppe Rossi. "We kept looking at [suárez] but people thought he couldn't play up as a striker," said Redknapp."They said he's like Rafa [van der Vaart] and you can't have him and Rafa or you'd have two players who want to drop deep, so that was the problem. We were looking for someone to play up front with Rafa. People said he couldn't do that, he drifts and comes deep. But he played up front on his own the other night [against Fulham on Monday] and he was fantastic."Not only has Suárez created many chances for team-mates since his arrival at Anfield, but in his 11 league appearances he has also scored four goals – the same as Spurs' Peter Crouch and Jermain Defoe have each managed in the league all season.Those players' failure to find the net regularly, and the inconsistency of Spurs' other striker, Roman Pavlyuchenko, is the chief reason that Spurs have won only one of their last 13 matches. Redknapp has made it clear he intends to be busy in the transfer market this summer and on Saturday he flies to France to run the rule over one potential target."If we want to get in the top four next year, we'll have to push on," stated Redknapp, who says rival managers have told him they are going to spend heavily in the summer. "They're all going to have a go next year, make no mistake. I talk to all the managers: Manchester United are going to have a go again, Chelsea will have a go again, Manchester City are going to have a massive go, Liverpool are going to make a big push. I haven't spoken to Arsène Wenger but I imagine Arsenal will have a go as well this year, so it's going to be even tougher to get into that top four next season."Spurs' failure to make the top four this season has led to criticism from some of the club's fans, but Redknapp insists the club have enjoyed a "fantastic" season – citing the victories over the Milan clubs in the Champions League as highlights – and said Spurs would have made the top four again if not for the back injury that afflicted Gareth Bale in January and caused him to miss four matches."When Gareth got injured that was a massive setback for us - we would have had an extra four or five points and we'd have got there." He dismissed as cranks the fans who blame Redknapp for the disappointing results in the last two months. "They don't have any brains, do they? Who rings up radio stations? Idiots. When I start worrying about what they think I'll be in trouble. 99.9% of people who go to Tottenham have loved everything they've seen."
f*ck this c*nt, never accepts responsibility, always someone elses fault.
Harry Redknapp speaking about Suarez on Jan 7, 2011"I would doubt very much that anything will happen there. I've watched him loads of times; he's not an out-and-out striker but he could play anywhere."

Redknapp attacks 'brainless' Tottenham criticsHarry Redknapp has waded into the phone-in clots calling for his head, branding them brainless “idiots”.A vocal minority of armchair ‘experts’ have called Radio Drivel to complain about Spurs’ stumbling form in the final weeks of the season.A record of just one win in 13 games has cost ‘Arry the chance of a return ticket to the Champions League, but he was outraged by the phone-in reaction to the 1-0 defeat by Manchester City on Tuesday.He scoffed: “I can’t believe it. I don’t know where those people have been the last few years – not watching Tottenham, obviously. The fans who have come to see us this year have watched some great games.“Maybe their expectations have been raised because we finished in the top four the year before, but they don’t have any brains.“That’s why I don’t listen to phone-ins, because we’re talking about idiots."Who rings up a radio station to talk about football?“My dad lived for football, went to a game every Saturday for his whole life – he would never have dreamed of picking up the phone and discussing the game on the radio.“They don’t even watch football. You get people ringing in and saying: ‘We were rubbish today.’ And the presenter says: ‘Oh dear, were you at the game then?’ And the geezer says: ‘No, I wasn’t, but I heard it on the radio.’“I’m not hurt by what those people think because the day I start worrying about what they say on the phone-ins, I’ll be in trouble.“If they think we should have Champions League football every year, then what happened in the previous 18 years since the Premier League was formed?“It’s not as if it’s something that's happened every year since 1992 and we’ve had a disaster."We were flying until Gareth Bale got injured - that was a massive setback for us. That probably cost us four or five points, and if we had got them we would still be chasing a top four spot, but it’s so difficult to get into that top four - and it’s getting harder every year.“But 99.9 per cent of people who have come to watch Tottenham this season have loved what they saw, and that’s all that matters.“Even though we lost, I came away from City the other night delighted by the way we played. I thought we produced some fantastic football against a top team who can spend whatever they want.”Tomorrow, Redknapp’s nearly-men face a shoot-out for fifth place against Liverpool at Anfield, with the perceived booby prize of a Europa League spot awaiting the winners.There is a world of difference between conquering the San Siro, as Redknapp did when Spurs knocked AC Milan out of the Champions League, and long-haul Europa League trips to Smorgasbord Rovers or Cossack Rangers, knowing there'll be a domestic fixture to address barely 48 hours after the flight home.But Redknapp insists he will go for it, adding: “If we finish fifth, after reaching the Champions League quarter-finals, for me that would be an even better season than last year.“It’s not always ideal to play in the Europa League on a Thursday night when you’ve got a tough Premier League game the following weekend, but we are going to Liverpool trying to win.“We want to finish as high as we can - how many times have Tottenham finished above Liverpool? I can only think of once, and that was last year."It can never be a bad thing if you finish above Liverpool.”http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Tottenham-manager-Harry-Redknapp-has-waded-into-the-phone-in-clots-calling-for-his-head-branding-them-brainless-idiots-article735243.html

“That’s why I don’t listen to phone-ins, because we’re talking about idiots."Who rings up a radio station to talk about football?“My dad lived for football, went to a game every Saturday for his whole life – he would never have dreamed of picking up the phone and discussing the game on the radio.
Harry Redknapp joins TalkSport's World Cup squadTottenham Hotspur manager Harry Redknapp is to join UTV's national radio station TalkSport, as part of its on-air team for the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa.Redknapp said: "The way England qualified for the tournament must make them one of the favourites. On their day they can beat anyone, so just maybe this could be our year and it's great that TalkSport will be with England every step of the way. I'm a massive fan of the station and to be part of its plans for the World Cup is an exciting prospect."
  • Upvote 2

I detest this c*nt. Another Harry classic...

08/01/2011 - Harry Redknapp admits that he is a fan of Ajax striker Luis Suarez, but doubts a move could materialise. “He’s a good player but we haven’t made any offer for him,” said Redknapp. “I would doubt very much that anything will happen there. I’ve watched him loads of times; he’s not an out-and-out striker but he could play anywhere.”
13/05/2011 - Harry Redknapp has revealed that he considered signing Luis Suárez in January but opted against making a bid after being told by scouts that the Uruguayan was not up to the grade. "We kept looking at [suárez] but people thought he couldn't play up as a striker," said Redknapp. ""They said he's like Rafa [van der Vaart] and you can't have him and Rafa or you'd have two players who want to drop deep, so that was the problem. We were looking for someone to play up front with Rafa. People said he couldn't do that, he drifts and comes deep. But he played up front on his own the other night [against Fulham on Monday] and he was fantastic."

Tottenham HotspurGiven the strength of the squad, the fact we are 5th – and are looking over our shoulders at Liverpool for that privilege – must amount to failure. There have been more draws than wins at home and an alarming lack of goals from the strikers: if Roman Pavlyuchenko had been told in August that his tally would equal the combined total of Peter Crouch and Jermain Defoe, he wouldn't have believed it. In six games against West Ham, Wigan and Blackpool we got four points. OK, there was Europe and some new adventures but even there I saw us 3-0 down in Berne, 4-0 in the San Siro and 4-0 at the Bernabéu.Top marks William Gallas and Benoit Assou-Ekotto have been consistently strong; Sandro a revelation.The flops All the strikers earning vast amounts for pitiable returns, and I've finally given up on Heurelho Gomes.The gaffer: Harry Redknapp 5/10 – 15 wins in 37 games is not good. After the Manchester City away game, an anchorman on Radio 5 said Spurs' fans critical of Redknapp must be mad. So call me a lunatic, but his tactics have given me enough ammunition.Who should he buy? Robert Green and two strikers who do what it says on the tin. Scouts, do your job before Harry reverts to default mode and brings in Ruud Van Nistelrooy and Michael Owen. No one knew much of Javier Hernández and Luis Suárez this time last year; the talent is out there.Best fans Wolves.Worst Wigan.Dave Mason, Observer reader
This guy obviously isn't in 'Arry's 99% of our fans that are happy with absolutely everything.....agree with nearly all of this, but he must have been joking about Robert Green.

Guest FA23
Spurs boss Harry Redknapp says this season has been "as good as it can get" for Tottenham fans.Redknapp steered his side to the Europa League next term as they finished fifth following a 2-1 win which relegated Birmingham.And after the game, the Spurs boss told Sky Sports: "It's been an incredible season - the European adventure, beating Arsenal for the first time, going to Liverpool and winning. We've had great games and this has been far and away the best season in the Premier League that Tottenham has had.There has been criticism amongst some fans of Spurs' failure to qualify again for the Champions League after their push for the top four fell away during the latter part of the season but Redknapp described such critics as "idiots"."I haven't heard anyone moaning. They are idiots aren't they. What kind of idiot picks up a phone to ring a phone in. They are idiots and I don't listen to them."We have had an amazing season - it won't get any better, enjoy it. This is good as it can get. " Harry RedknappQuotes of the week"Where do they expect us to be - above Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea? We have had an amazing season - it won't get any better, enjoy it. This is good as it can get. This has been a fantastic season - Champions League football."It's been an incredible season - the European adventure, beating Arsenal for the first time, going to Liverpool and winning. We've had great games and this has been far and away the best season in the Premier League that Tottenham has had."Now Redknapp's attention turns to next season as Spurs look to get back into the Champions League places."We have got try again next year. We have got to improve the squad and go again next time but no one can complain at what they've seen."Anyone who has got any brains will no its been an amazing season at Tottenham and that we've played great football. Anyone that does not enjoy it should go and support someone else."
they are f*ck*ng disgraceful comments.A GRADE c*nt.

Harry Redknapp believes Tottenham 'could contend for Premier League title'Harry Redknapp believes Tottenham have a squad capable of maintaining a challenge for the Premier League title despite admitting his disappointment at missing out on the free transfer capture of Joe Cole.Redknapp was thought to be in pole position to sign Cole, who he first encountered as an 11-year-old at West Ham, before the former Chelsea midfielder signed a four-year, £90,000-a-week deal with Liverpool earlier this week.The Spurs manager says he does not know what made the England international choose to leave London, as well as turning his back on the offer of Champions League football, but his intimation that Cole received a “better offer” from Anfield suggests he believes his move was, at least in part, motivated by finance.“We put a good offer on the table and he obviously got a better one from Liverpool,” Redknapp said. “We are disappointed not to get him. I thought he was a fantastic free transfer.“I do not know why Joe decided to go to Liverpool. I spoke to him a month ago and he wanted to come to Tottenham. I am sure if Joe says it is football reasons, it is. Liverpool is a fantastic club. They seem to be a real threat again. The year before last, they only lost two games. Last year, they had one bad season by their standards.“I thought a month ago he was coming here. He wanted to come to Tottenham. He had made up his mind – I had no doubt about that. But, a month went by and by that time, Liverpool had moved in and maybe jumped the queue a bit.” Seeing Cole move to a rival, though, has done little to dent Redknapp’s confidence heading into the new season.The former Portsmouth manager has been uncharacteristically quiet in the transfer market thus far – suggesting yesterday he only wants to add “one or two” players to his squad – but that, he says, is a sign of the times.“It is very quiet in the Premier League at the moment,” he said. “Nobody is doing very much.”It should certainly not be taken as a sign, though, that Redknapp is happy with the status quo. His stated aim for the coming season is to improve on last year’s fourth place, but that is not the limit of what he hopes to achieve.“I think we could contend for the title,” he said. “We have got the players here. We have got to aim for it. We could win the championship – it is not impossible. Someone has to do it sometime. It cannot all just be Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool.”

Chatting sh*t cos he knows what he says will be taken as gospel.If he had of come out and said 'Yeah we had a decent season but I feel we still shoulda qualified for CL' etc etc it woulda been in EVERY paper, all those dumb fans who believe everything they read would start doubting him etc and before he knows it hes out of a job.Redknapps a twat but the people in charge should be having serious words with him instead of falling for this 'best ever prem season' sh*t. His best acheivements this season wernt anything to do with the prem but hes living off the hype.

Guest FA23
Firstly, frequent readers of this blog, I apologise for the lack of activity this past week in the build up to the season finale. I was brainwashed by the other half and spent most of it with her and the rugrat. Something about the latter celebrating her first birthday. To be honest, regardless of lack of time, I hardly felt inspired to match preview our final game of the season. When thinking 'football', my thoughts were on more pressing matters such as whether we have a decisive strategy with how to deal with the transfer window from opening to closure and if we plan to get our business done and dusted long before pre-season with viable targets already listed and targeted internally. Yes, I have my mind on science-fiction and my body is about to be frozen with the aid of cryogenics to allow for a more comfortable summer.Okay, so 2-1. Pav with a couple of scorchers.A game that spent most of the first half with no bite, like a sleeping lion. Plenty of teeth, just not on show. Livened up a little second half but mostly because of the Survival Sunday musical chairs playing out across the country. We performed with persistence considering this game was hardly do or die for us but we didn't quite brush the visitors aside where it mattered (in front of goal). Birmingham were plucky in pockets of play but without possession and without a Pavlyuchenko. In the end, Liverpool lost to Villa so 5th was secured regardless of Roman hammering the final nail into the coffin of Birmingham's Premier league life. Their fate sealed elsewhere on this day, Death lingering with his scythe, teasing the afternoon away.The match doesn't warrant an in-depth analysis. Tag me with the lazy label. It doesn't mainly because it felt like an afterthought on this; Tottenham's finest ever season. Hey, don't take my word for it, just take the words of our gaffer. Go ahead and pick any words you want."This is as good as it gets""They're idiots" "What do they expect?""Won't get any better""Anyone who has got any brains and understands will know it's been an amazing season""Go and support someone else if you don't enjoy it"Redknappology at it's finest. I'll come back to ' finest ever season' and other discussion points in future blogs. As for Harry...It's no longer about the cluster of contradictions. No point reminding him of when he talked us up as title contenders which probably followed a comment about how it would be impossible to finish top four again because nobody else will point it out. Sports presenters will probably just laugh with him when they repeat his rant on tv or radio. Good olde Harry, he's socking it to 'em. Let's play the video/audio every half hour.He's reactive to whatever is happening at the time and is usually happy to share safe and media-friendly assessments and vibrant self-preserving pats on back for himself and all his friends within the game unless there is something eating away at him. When there is eating we are treated to body-shots of sarcasm and petulance. A glimpse of his true feelings. You can only play ball with my ball because I'm letting you play ball with it. Crouchie responding to a fans request for a strand of his hair Let's send him to QPR next season This isn't another slice of some 'lets all hate on Harry' propaganda. The actual crux of the problem, the reason why people (that's Tottenham fans regardless of whether they pick up the phone and dial up a phone-in show - which by the way, if idiots call up to complain via this method of communication it's ironic how it's the same method of communication Harry uses from time to time to hype up his portfolio) are unhappy is because of his body language oozing vanity and ego whilst spitting out disrespectful snides.He's upset at the idea that any one would possibly dare to criticise him. Perhaps humility is a commodity he hasn't quite grasped can work in his favour, even if his underlying agenda (self-preservation) remains the same. We don't have to know we are being fooled. He doesn't have to comment on anything and everything and end up drowning in all the rhetoric.Harry is deeply lost in his tapestry of talk like a badly organised Inception where he can no longer tell what level of the dream state he's in. But it doesn't matter because his media chums will not question the lack of continuity. What is birthed from this is Harry + tabloid story versus the ungrateful impatient fans. Makes us look fickle. We can do that just fine thank you very much without any additional help.He cites the great Champions League adventure (which it was always going to be) and our wins at the Emirates and Anfield and against Inter and AC Milan. All great moments in terms of how much this side has progressed under his guidance (be it at the same standard of last season rather than a massive improvement).Now perhaps another manager might actually brush it all off and say something along the lines of, "We've had some highlights this season, learnt one or two things. We're growing, progressing...but winning at places like Arsenal and Liverpool...this shouldn't be seen as anything other than what is expected. If this club wants to be top four or better we have to always look to win away to other 'top four' clubs. We've done well, it's a learning curve...but it's hardly worthy of being showered by an ice bucket".In other words: Under play it. But that's not his methodology. He is far too involved with making sure nobody has missed the point: It's because of him if the because is something to sing about.I have no idea if behind closed doors Harry does under play what he says in public. That behind closed doors he outlines the disappointments and how we have to look to improve further. Perhaps we believe what we see is what we're getting when in fact it's not and there's more than the one dimension. But considering the history Harry has with referencing players in post-match interviews, I doubt it. He's so wrapped up in himself he can't even contemplate genuine mind games of the ilk that would appease the Spurs fans who dislike his ways. For all the talk of his great PR skills he hardly displays them where it matters most.Simply put, there are no other dimensions.It's pretty much like if they cast Michael Caine to portray Jose Mourinho in a movie and Caine based his performance on post-match videos of Harry Redknapp. It makes no sense.Harry is Harry. He does what he does. Deflect, protect and blame. He's obviously not a Jose and it's unfair to compare of course, but it's worth reflecting on the fact that with Jose it's Jose + the fans versus the world. A brand of unity that binds the manager and team with the fans unequivocally. We have a far more fragmented variant.Harry doesn't play off the media in any clever way He just uses it as means to make sure he has his back covered. We knew this from before, it's no shocker. Still, anyone would think he was fighting for his life the way he was soundbiting our 'amazing' (it's the new triffic) season.There is no need for him to be so defensive. Someone like Martin Jol, say in another hypothetical, would be quite apologetic when looking back at the season we've just had if he was the manager. But still carry a hefty weight of pride with his words that would warm the cockles of the listening Lilywhites. Even if he also carried the extra weight of responsibility for the failings that saw us fall short of another top four placement.Redknapp prefers to simply remind us of how improved we are as a team and how all the positives are because of Redknapp. Of course they are, he's the manager. Everything the team does on the pitch is down to him. The good and the bad.There is no need for him to be so defensive unless he can only be so because he can't fathom the reality of anyone daring to question what he knows was a disappointing end to the season (3 wins in 15 if my maths is right). That's not being ungrateful, citing such stats. They are worthy of discussion. United have won the title by accumulating 68% of all their points at Old Trafford. We've only lost the once at home all season in the Prem. Turn some of those draws into wins, and my God, he'd be banging on the door of the Buckingham Palace requesting a knighthood right about now.THFC remains on the up. It's good to have the problems rather than sat in mid table. We should not be in a position of fragmentation regarding the relationship of manager and fans.We've not had it so good?There's more than an element of ample truth in that statement. It was however hardly delivered with a loving touch. And perhaps he meant across the two seasons, although he clearly stated this season to be better than the last. It's all relative. By definition this season might be deemed more memorable and the better of the two because of the CL adventure. In the grand scheme of things we've simply retained a level of consistency meaning we are in the position to challenge again within what is the most competitive top tier of any league in world football. We could have done better, it's a fine line and all that.So yes, we are grateful and we're more than content that this club of ours finally has some stability on the pitch. We can look forward to being in the thick of it, from one season to the next. We can compete, we've proven that. So Harry should be taking that onwards rather than dwelling on any feedback or opinion (which is our God given right) as being some form of dagger to the heart.It's all getting slightly embarrassing now. The post-match interview with Sky Sports was ugly.Harry - I'm no longer certain it's us that you need to be constantly reminding we haven't had it so good. You've never had it so good. That huddle in the middle of the pitch that galvanises our players and stirs up emotion from the fans before kick-off. Get in amongst it.COYS.

“He’s a skinny runt who looks nothing like a modern-day footballer really.“He has funny little legs that move awkwardly when he runs and if he turned up at your club as a 16-year-old, you’d send him away with a pat on the head and tell him he’d no chance of making it.”
That's a quote from 'Arry about Messi....

Guest FA23

saw that in the sun today....he also did a comparison between rooney and messi.... messi came out with 25points, rooney 24points :D/hes been interviewed by chelsea.

lol @ all the spurs fans shitting it that their beloved harry has even thought about having an interview. Stupid twats, harry hates us, he has called us stupid and scum. If it wasn't for the money, we should of sacked him. Hope he leaves, he's a fraud. Harry with expectations= him getting sacked within 6 months

"There is a clipboard in our dressing room but Harry doesn't write anything on it! "It's very relaxed. The gaffer gives us the line-up 20 minutes before we go out to do our warm-up. "And the only words he speaks to me are 'You play left or right, work hard, have fun and show the fans your best'. "Then the defenders get an instruction about who to mark at corners and free-kicks - and that's it." The Dutch Master, who has hit seven goals already this season, says training at Tottenham is equally low-key. He added: "It's not that we do nothing - but it's close to that. "For instance, last weekend Gareth Bale scored a header against Blackburn from my corner. "But we didn't train one minute on it, it was pure luck. Good kicking, good heading, nothing more.
VDV on Harry's tactics lol