★★★ Pacquiao - Marquez III ★★★

Guest Klitschko

Guest Klitschko

MANNY Pacquiao and Shane Mosley fought in a lackluster 12-round world title fight last Sunday at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. The Filipino ring icon pressed the action, but the American didn’t want to engage and was contented in just defending and backpedalling, which made the fight boring for most.Mexican world champion Juan Manuel Marquez, Pacquiao’s possible opponent in November, believes that when he faces the pound-for-pound king, it will be a real war that boxing fans will never forget.Who do you think Manny Pacquiao should fight next? Join our poll.“People wanted to see a fight, and unfortunately the styles (of Pacquiao and Mosley) did not accommodate them. I would like this fight. I’m sure when I face Manny, people will see a real fight,” said Marquez in a report posted at Boxingscene.com.EncountersMarquez’s previous two encounters with the 32-year-old congressman were both barnburners. In their first fight in 2004, Pacquiao sent Marquez to the canvass thrice in the first round, but the latter was able to rally and salvage a draw. The second encounter was also as exciting with Pacquiao escaping with a razor-thin split decision in 2008.According to Pacquiao’s adviser Michael Koncz, Pacquiao and the 37-year-old Marquez are fighting at a catchweight.“It’s 145 and not 143. We’ve had general discussions with (Top Rank Promotions CEO)Bob Arum, but we haven’t sat down, Manny and I, to make a decision,” he said. “In the next few days, Bob Arum will present us with options and we’ll evaluate the options and explain them to him and he’ll make a decision then.”-----------------------For now, Pacquiao’s chief trainer Freddie Roach said it’s Juan Manuel Marquez who looms as their next opponent in November.Roach said there are many reasons why Marquez, who will turn 38 in August, will be the better choice than the others.Aside from Marquez, the others in the short list of candidates are Timothy Bradley and Zab Juddah.“Marquez is on the table. Bradley is on the table. And Zab Juddah. But the only sensible fight out of the three is Marquez, in my opinion,” said Roach.“They have history,” he added.And it’s a history of great fights and some bad blood perhaps. This makes a third fight between the two worth watching.Marquez came close to beating Pacquiao twice, but on both occasions the Mexican counterpuncher ended up short of a victory.“He’s supposed to have Manny’s numbers, which might be true, but I think Manny has really progressed a long way since they fought a long time ago,” said Roach.Marquez, who drew with Pacquiao in 2004 and took a loss via split decision in 2008, claims up to this day that he won both fights.The celebrated trainer was back at the Wild Card Gym yesterday, minding his old business two days after the Shane Mosley fight.He said he can’t wait for the third fight with Marquez.And there’s good reason.“I just want to like this fight just to shut him up and settle the score,” said Roach.Marquez is the reigning WBA and WBO champion in the lightweight division (135 lb) while Pacquiao is the reigning WBO welterweight champion at 147 lb.A catchweight of 143 to 145 lb should be agreed upon to make the fight happen.“I think it will be a competitive fight. I think that fight would sell. Marquez I think is the best challenge for us out there,” said Roach.Top Rank has sent the formal offer to Marquez who now has to talk things over with his promoter Golden Boy.He said Mayweather doesn’t seem interested in fighting Pacquiao at this time, considering that the undefeated American hasn’t fought since May last year, and could use a tuneup fight.“He’s just playing games. Now here he comes and fighting (Victor) Ortiz. If he fights Ortiz, that’s a sign he wants to get used to fighting southpaws so that might be a step toward the right direction, hopefully,” said Roach.Reports said Mayweather has serious plans of fighting Ortiz on Sept. 16 at the Cowboys Stadium in Dallas. But Roach said it’s not a sure thing for the ex-pound-for-pound king.“He (Mayweather) might not get even past him (Ortiz),” said Roach.----------------Will be at 144.

Will be a sh*t fight (even more so at 144)I hope people don't get sucked in by the over-hype of another Manny piss poor match up (I'm a big Pacquiao fan and the last 2 are 2 of my all time favs) but this sh*t I really couldn't care forWorst thing is Showtime/CBS in US & SS here are gonna push this to f*ck and people will tune in, again, expecting the mega-fight promised by the networks and those involved and be utterly pissed off like they were on Saturday night and retreat back to the "Boxing is dead: long live MMA" which is the current view for the casual fans, especially them in the US who were blagged in to paying 60 quid for that shite at the weekendNot feelin this

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

was watching pacquiao v morales a few weeks ago, lol he was tired from round four (guess he didnt have his peds that night) but then years later mans throwing 50 power punches per round for 12 rounds?

and carrying all this muscle up from featherweight to be battering guys who are middleweights

absolutely unbelievable that in a sport where guys are risking there lives that testing is so lax, guys like margarito should be in prison right now.

Marquez won't have enough to win its not 04 out here.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Pacquiao to finish off Marquez, if he fight floyd next I reckon he'll beat him. Should have beaten him back in 2010 instead of clottey, the longer Pac keeps cherry picking the less chance he'll have of beating pbf as the years go by. My nigga Floyd don't want it, sadly the fight will probably happen when they're both old as fuck and need one final pay cheque.

And im a money mayweather fan

• Downvote 3

• 2 weeks later...