Logic Tips/Tutorials ect...

Guest FA23

getting to know the synths is easiest if you have a specific sound u wanna make, like this one for trance leads:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5F2YuaVQ6Qas for audio in logic, search for 'using samples in logic' or something like that, if you've got any specific queries send me a message and i'll give you some tips.

Guest FA23
What you running it on?Got a MBP for birthday, looking to get this soon...
Macbook 2.16 Intel Core 2 Duo, 2gb ram, 160gb HDthink im gonna need another HD. 55gb just for the install, not even including the content discs :-|might replace my internal HD with a 750gb

have a look at ur I/O buffer size, it's in the preferences section under audio, that should free up ur cpu a bit, as for au instruments i use the standard plugs that come with the program plus a few free ones from computer music, /the thing about synths u pay for is they sound better than free ones because they have extra reverbs and delays and chorus fx built in to beef the sounds up, but you don't necessarily want all that if u want the sound to sit further back in the mix, i always end up disabling the reverbs and sh*t so i can apply my own. unless ur after something which deals with a specific synthesis type the freeware ones are more than adequate.

I got the most basic pro that was out in summer 09Can't even recall specsI run logic 9, its usually fine unless i get into about 10 tracks...and am running like firefox or something same time...then it stops playing and says there is an error