yo fellow vipers

djbmc

Guest Esquilax

This is f*ck*ng boring

You lot have boring interests

guys,

lets talk about the latest fashion and this summers "in colour"

Just cuz you have to dress in tents doesn't mean the rest of us can't be fabulous

Fat sh*t c*nt

Guest WAVESURFER

This is f*ck*ng boring

You lot have boring interests

guys,

lets talk about the latest fashion and this summers "in colour"

I'm hearing it's all about the chopper suits in ash grey this summer.

Grey.jpg

also doing a music course and got a media module. got asked pretty much the exact same questions. Even had an exam on it this year.

Was a complete wste of time. It has nothing to do with music at all. Even the people I know doing graphics. Media, film courses didnt have to learn about as much stuff we had to. complete bullshit :angry:

erm, i didn't actually neg anyone, i only really dish out pos, unless someone's already on like -20, then i just neg to join in.

brah u have to be bold with the neg

dont follow the crowd neg with conviction

but neg sparingly man

edit: also @ manuel maybe through this they're implying that eventually you have a high likelihood of working with media from music and as such are trying to kind of prepare you for that possibility

25 Frames what?

I know that PAL runs on 12 fps , and over in america they run they're shows @ 25 fps.

Not sure if this is gona help or not!

FFS I typed some long sh*t n this PC decided to just delete it all while opening another tab

wont say all I said coz I cnt even remember

but

PAL uses 25 frames per second (interlaced), NTSC uses 30 frames per second (29.97) (interlaced) and film uses 24 frames (progressive, well digital film, dont know if I could technically call the normal analogue film progressive as its film running through a projector), then theres SECAM, but we dont care about that.

PAL is the analogue colour system used in the UK and other countries, NTSC is north America, SECAM is France n a couple miscellaneous countries.

what I was explaining in my deleted post is that PAL systems have a refresh rate of 50Hz and its interlaced.

Interlaced means the image is refreshed one half at a time, so the TV may start by showing the even lines first, then the odd lines, as its only half the image refreshed at a time, its not 50 frames per second, but 25. lines im talking about are the horizontal lines on a screen that define the resolution, PAL and DVB-T (freeview) uses 576 lines, your prob familiar with 720p/1080p resolution for HD content.

Had my numbers mixed up!! Thanks for correcting that! LMAO BMC would probably fail listenin 2 me!

Is this why American tv shows/ vids have a sunny/foggy feel about them?

I dont even know, but TV shows generally even news broadcasts look different to UK ones on UK TV's, like when BBC News shows ABC news late at night, looks different

that I think is due to the frame rate conversion, but the look aswell probably because theyre 2 different colour systems, so converting from one system to another may leave something noticable

erm, i didn't actually neg anyone, i only really dish out pos, unless someone's already on like -20, then i just neg to join in.

brah u have to be bold with the neg

dont follow the crowd neg with conviction

but neg sparingly man

edit: also @ manuel maybe through this they're implying that eventually you have a high likelihood of working with media from music and as such are trying to kind of prepare you for that possibility

lol yeh, i dunno why we had to film f*ck*ng videos tho, one assignment involved me shooting and then editing a music video for a band we recorded in a separate assignment, i had to learn how to edit sh*t in imovie! which is bollocks (although not hard) surely it would make more sense to provide us with a film clip and ask us to make the music for the video?

• 2 weeks later...

Refresh rate of screens are measured in Hz. Not frame rates. Those are measured per second.

Timecode,if You're doing film or music, will normally relate to SMPTE timecode ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMPTE_time_code )

it's relevant to music because the clocks in audio sequencers have adopted it

the column to the right of seconds that goes up rapidly is the "frames" in that second, equal the number of frames Your audio software is recording per second, and will be the smallest edit You can make.

if You press the left arrow once, You will be going back 1 frame

a wave file will contain amplitude information and a timecode for each amplitude ( for example -24dB, 0:36:34:021 ) would mean an amplitude of -24dB, 36 minutes, 34 seconds and 21 frames into the recording. then the next value would be the same but at 022 frames and a different amplitude.