Villa managerial topic - Page 8 for 2012 edition

TF S4DK

Mark Hughes has quit Fulham and is expected to replace Gerard Houllier as Aston Villa boss by the end of the week.

The midlands club made Hughes their No1 target after deciding that Houllier's health problems would interfere with his managerial role.

Hughes has just finished his first season with Fulham, leading the London club to an eighth place finish in the Premier League as well as qualifying for the Europa League via the Fair Play system.

The former Manchester United and Chelsea midfielder began his career as a boss with the Wales national team before spending four years in charge at Blackburn.

He left Ewood park for Man City and spent 16 months at the helm there before being sacked by City's wealthy Middle Eastern owners in December 2009.

BTW if I'm Mark Schwarzer I go and punch his face in as he clears his office for costing him the move to Arsenal.

"I would like to take this opportunity to clarify that neither myself nor my representative have approached or have been approached by another club. This decision to leave Fulham has not been influenced by any outside party.

"I would like to thank the chairman, directors, players and fans of Fulham football club for their support over the last 12 months and wish them every success for the future. I have especially enjoyed an excellent relationship with the chairman and chief executive [and] I believe my management team and I have done a good job and the club has a strong foundation from which they can go forward.

"I hope the supporters and all those connected to the club will understand that as a young, ambitious manager I wish to move on to further my experiences.

"I sincerely wish Fulham a successful campaign in the Europa League next season and for their continued progress on and off the field."

Mark Hughes had been in charge one year and was able to walk away due to a break clause in his two-season contract.

:lol:

was always going to happen

they wanted him to replace MON but he took the fulham job

the plan was always to install him at the end of the season unless he f*cked up fulham

football is fixed ;)

"I would like to take this opportunity to clarify that neither myself nor my representative have approached or have been approached by another club. This decision to leave Fulham has not been influenced by any outside party.

"I would like to thank the chairman, directors, players and fans of Fulham football club for their support over the last 12 months and wish them every success for the future. I have especially enjoyed an excellent relationship with the chairman and chief executive [and] I believe my management team and I have done a good job and the club has a strong foundation from which they can go forward.

"I hope the supporters and all those connected to the club will understand that as a young, ambitious manager I wish to move on to further my experiences.

"I sincerely wish Fulham a successful campaign in the Europa League next season and for their continued progress on and off the field."

Mark Hughes had been in charge one year and was able to walk away due to a break clause in his two-season contract.

:lol:

lol

come July

"I'm really happy to be appointed as Villa boss, there's a nice set-up here and I can't wait to get working with the lads and pushing for an European spot next season"

Sky Sports sources understand that Mark Hughes is not in the frame to take charge of Aston Villa despite leaving his role as Fulham manager on Thursday evening.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11677_6963886,00.html

Please please be true, c*nt.

Am worried about next season now, Europa qualifiers start this month I think, plus the team's getting old and have no depth.

What scares me more, are the managers that are out there. Curbishley, Southgate, Mcclaren..

*sigh*