The Summer '11 Live Football Topic

Guest FA23

Guest M12 Part 2

Finishing world class. The rest of his game is awful though. Doesn't have basic tekkers and his passing an general linkup play is shocking. He's very good at gambling in chances and finishing them. But actual ball playing he's sh*t.

Hernandez is a better finisher D.Bent can only play in a 451..... and isnt good enough to do it for a top 6 side like drogba or someone like thatplus he is always liable to miss sitters in a 38 game season he will get you 15-20 goals including pensHernandez has the potential to get 30+ with no pens.

Guest M12 Part 2

He's not that far off the mark tbh. Hernandez is a lot more refined IMO and the other areas of his game aren't as bad as Bents though and he has time to improve them.

Guest FA23

i think hernandez is alot more intelligent on the pitch than bent, and will learn and improve vastly in other parts of his game.

Guest Klitschko

Hernandez and Bent are similar in the sense that they are both pure goalscorers and do most of their work inside the box. That's where it ends.Hernandez is better technically, has better movement, better composure, better brain, is better in the air...and thats without him being quickerThey are the same mould of player, but that's where the similarities end.A team really has to be built around bent for him to thrive, as he is so one-dimensional.And this isn't to say I don't rate him, I do. But when the above is apparent, you can hardly say there is no difference between them as footballers, because it isn't his love of fishing that makes Hernandez better.

Darkman's posting style is so cuntish, lol./
:D So true, he on a roll tho, already pos'd him twice./Can't believe I was seeing Wilshere's name sandwiched inbetween Sturridge and Welbeck's. I like both but they need to play regularlly at their parent clubs before we take them seriously.

I dont think you can say either Sturridge or Welbeck are on Wilshere's levelThere's a difference between scoring goals for Bolton and scoring goals for Chelsea which Sturridge couldnt doWelbeck has had a few good perfomances playing for Sundeland Jack proved himself at a top premiership club, the others haven't done that yet

Guest M12 Part 2
I dont think you can say either Sturridge or Welbeck are on Wilshere's levelThere's a difference between scoring goals for Bolton and scoring goals for Chelsea which Sturridge couldnt doWelbeck has had a few good perfomances playing for Sundeland Jack proved himself at a top premiership club, the others haven't done that yet
Clearly finishing 4th as arsenal means he was playing amazing. Don't care if he had a couple one ff games where he shone anyone can do that. The consistency is still not there. It will come eventually but right now if fabregas was to leave and arsenal didnt replace him. Wilshere couldn't fill the void for a good while. /And are you not forgetting that wilshere couldn't get into the arsenal team before his loan spell to Bolton. Where he did exactly what sturridge an Welbeck have done this season. I.e prove they were good enough for top level football. Like I said before people general think wilshere is far more advanced than he is and Welbeck and sturridge are far less advanced than they are.

Guest Portuguese

Wilshere might be over hyped by the media which is normal but you have to agree his on another level to any english player under 25 its the same way Rooney was when he was in his teens.

Guest M12 Part 2
You know you just pointed out that Wilshere is a season ahead of them and he's younger than both right...
I said I think they are all roughly the same level. And like I said I don't believe in his 1 season wilshere has done enough to justify being basically guaranteed a spot in euro 2012 and a berth in englan seniors. He's been gassed up far beyond what he's actually achieved. Micah Richards would have been playing u21s if he hadn't pulled put and nobody batted an eyelid. But the uproar for jw was silly. Even Jordan Henderson. He's played a lot of games for Sunderland this year and will most likely be in 2012 squad as well pending his move to united or pool. But nobody says anything about him being tired or burning out our future etc etc.

He has becuase this is England, not Spain.Wilshere unlike Henderson and Richards played Champions League football this season. If you think he should be playing at the U21s then you clearly have a different thought process of the quality of the senior national team.Jordan Henderson has played 39 games, Micah Richards 29. Jack Wilshere 49.Do you actually have a point tho?

Clearly finishing 4th as arsenal means he was playing amazing. Don't care if he had a couple one ff games where he shone anyone can do that. The consistency is still not there. It will come eventually but right now if fabregas was to leave and arsenal didnt replace him. Wilshere couldn't fill the void for a good while. /And are you not forgetting that wilshere couldn't get into the arsenal team before his loan spell to Bolton. Where he did exactly what sturridge an Welbeck have done this season. I.e prove they were good enough for top level football. Like I said before people general think wilshere is far more advanced than he is and Welbeck and sturridge are far less advanced than they are.
SMH our league position isn't down to him alone. He was consistently good hence him deservedly winning our player of the season

You know you just pointed out that Wilshere is a season ahead of them and he's younger than both right...
I said I think they are all roughly the same level. And like I said I don't believe in his 1 season wilshere has done enough to justify being basically guaranteed a spot in euro 2012 and a berth in englan seniors. He's been gassed up far beyond what he's actually achieved. Micah Richards would have been playing u21s if he hadn't pulled put and nobody batted an eyelid. But the uproar for jw was silly. Even Jordan Henderson. He's played a lot of games for Sunderland this year and will most likely be in 2012 squad as well pending his move to united or pool. But nobody says anything about him being tired or burning out our future etc etc.
Wilshere has not been hyped at all, he's the first British talent to comethrough that epitomses the modern day midfielder which the likes of Spain, Argentina, Brazil have been producing for last half century.Wilshere wasn't even a first teamer this year but earnt his way into the line up through a 6 month spell of enigmatic displays with his highpoint of the season being the performance against Barcelona at The Emirates where Xavi and Iniesta couldn't get near him, they come out and said in the media their admiration for his talent and ability.You just look at Wilshere, he has the potential to be one of the greatest midfielders this country has produced in the last 20-30 years potentially ever depending on the whether England has the resources of talent to build a team around him.You won't find a better Englishman or European midfielder currently that has the drive, determination, low centre of gravity, close ball control, ability to turn an image of a tight area into a large area of grass in one movement of which only the best players can do, an array of passing talent from lofted, drilled, diagonal and short balls plus the exception vision to find a through ball in tight areas.If anything that's going to hamper Wilsheres development is the lack of advancement in the English thinking, the English squad whereby he's already thinking 2-3 seconds aheaed of the game and needs his team mates to be on the same level, making geniune world class runs. The other thing that will stop Wilshere would be his finishing, admittedly he isn't as clinical in front of goal his technique suggests he could be, but he's still young and that will come in time.I would say Wilshere could walk into the Spanish, Brazillian or Argentine team easily.
  • Upvote 1

Wilshere rightly deserved to the win the award this season, and as he has had a full season playing consistenly for a top team, I'd say he's ahead of Welbeck and Sturidge, however if next season both of them are given s proper run in their respective teams, judging their levels will be alot more accurate and easier to do. Wilshere being younger Is also something that goes majorly for him.