Hip hop's days numbered after don imus firing??

Carpe_Deum

..... major HH execs including simmons, jay z, lyor cohen and kevin liles had a meeting last week at cohens house over the issue of female denigrative lyrics that's used as the norm in HH today, yet when a white Broadcaster (don imus) calls a group of black women nappy headed hoes.. al sharpton and co get hard ons..and he gets fired.Oprah has also been on this, she had a discussion on her show (and..at least she's been consistent with her opposing views).anyways.... it has been said that HH is losing it's grip. it suffered the largest dip in Music genre sales last yr (22%) and this yr its already down 37%.the clock's ticking? i say its about time still. i dont want it dead..just a kick up nuts so they can get back to basics. when 50 drops his, well know how fast the decline really is.

Guest Durrty Boi Part II

it is abit hypocritical stillbut the thing is, its like the hip hop guys are talkin bout their people, and this is how they talk generally wen their jammin and sh*t.Imus u can tell is one educated dude, been round for years etc, but wen he said it, he was sayin it to black girls, n thats like some kinda racism, if he sed sutin else to white girls or sutin i dnt think it woulda been as bad as it was, but its jus the race thingyea i know rappers call white girls stuff but they get away with bare sh*t sometimes, jus coz of the being from the hood/black thing, i dunnobasically rappers are jus ignorant as it is, what their sayin prob dnt seem wrong to themImus knows better

i watched the oprah show...she was goin on like some puppet witha trumped up audience...llow it...where was she wen Be came out...she wasnt tryna promote that was she...and now jus so her bosses can save face after all the black presenters start refusin to come back they get miss oprah to come save the day for whitie and make it hiphops fault....don imus was wrong period...if a black presenter had sed that he wudve been fired from the get...no suspension watsoever...and find me some1 callin girls nappy headed hoesvin hiphop ryt now anyway.....oprahs never suported hiphop tho so its long gettin into this so late into the whole situ...basically she is jus a puppet in this whole situation.She dnt really giv a f*ck long as they cut her cheque imhoK-dot.1

she has no boss. she has said that she listens to some rap.. theres no need promoting BE when there are tonnes of snoops and youngbucks, don imus was wrong, but HH and alot of black people are trying to create a parrallel world where its ok for some..but not for others. you're actually wrong about claiming black presenters wouldve been fired from the get go, a presenter on a top espn show has made sexist and homophobic remarks and only got taken off for a week, he did all what imus did in terms of apologies etc, and is back. the funny thing is at that time..everyone was saying (and this was only a few months ago) that "if it was a white man who said that..he wouldnt have been taken off even for a week or been hounded to apologise etc. pple need to get realal sharpton called NY hymie town,..people arent stupid and raising such a fuss when mr A says this..bcos he's white.. when in your own backyard.. thats the local lingo will only eventually backfire. oprah may not support HH the way you expect her too, but supports black causes. common was at least ON her show bcos she respects his music..and said so. some black people always think that you have to "represent" THEM all the time. forget the fact that you or ur business is patronised by everyone. only talk about specifically black issues to satisfy them :roll: biggrin.gif

It will blow over like everything else. The only things that cause a change are whent he government wants to change it, so they start the propaganga machine.Look how many killing spree's have happened over there, yet guns and ammunition is still freely available over the counter

yeah they need to take killing out of every tv show and movie.BUT IF THAT CHINESE GUY HAD A EMINEM T SHIRT ON IN HIS VIDEOsh*t EVEN A HAT ON.  THEY WOULD SAY IT WAS HIP HOP
Imagine if he had a Stop Snitching T-shirt on, after Cam'ron's interview the other day! lol

Don Imus comments where not said for the first time, that said he's a shock jock, he said something of shock value with humour for some....Why hip hop got dragged into this debate, is for one reason to be the easy scapegoat and the scary thing is its got legs to it.

I dont care if Hip Hop is being used as a scapegoat, its good this sh*t is happening.Millions of kids think its normal/cool to address each other as niggas. Hip Hop is to blame for this. People in big positions need to be more responsible, and realise the majority of people purchasing thier music are white kids from the suburbs.

hip hop gets the blame all the timejust like when u younger and sumthin happens u blame the little brother or sister every time..
so those of you saying HH gets the blame cant really see the point being made?was HH blamed for size zero girls and anorexia? was it blamed for suicide rates in teens?theres other genres that have taken the slack in an open debate on issues. not just HH. its not even being blamed its being questioned.

• 3 weeks later...

Thisd on imus thing just gives a ignorant rapper an opportunity to capitalize of the whole thing. Now the spotlight will be on the next rapper that has the word'Ho' in his single. Even tho hiphop as nothing oto do with the whole thing.