Abs

A Bit Better

I have got my bodyfat down and frankly, I want a 6 pac. I get some core strength from american football but not enough obviously. I need a decent ab workout. I don't know how often, how many exercises or which exercises I need to be doing to get one. Currently I'm not devoting enough time to it.If you give me a 20 minute workout to do 3 times a week, I will do it. If you say it requires doing abs for like 45 minutes twice a week then I may have to rethink as I have training but I just want to know from someone that has one. The people that I know that have one were either born with insanely low bodyfat and have never done situps or are being oddly coy about it and won't give me a straight answer.Yes I know that as far as the gym goes a 6 pack is a vain, superficial aim but I don't care. I want one. Help me. Thanks.

DO DIPS - 5 SETS OF 15/20DO SIT UPS WITH THOSE WEIGHT HANDLE BALLS - ABOUT 5 SETS OF 15/20DO PRESS UPS - 5 SETS OF 15/20DO CARDIO - HIIT - SPEED '15' FOR 1 MIN - WALK FOR 1 MIN - 5-8 TIMES
:D /treat them like any other muscle group, work them a couple of times a week. really abs are all about definition and definition comes from low body fat.

DO DIPS - 5 SETS OF 15/20DO SIT UPS WITH THOSE WEIGHT HANDLE BALLS - ABOUT 5 SETS OF 15/20DO PRESS UPS - 5 SETS OF 15/20DO CARDIO - HIIT - SPEED '15' FOR 1 MIN - WALK FOR 1 MIN - 5-8 TIMES
:D /treat them like any other muscle group, work them a couple of times a week. really abs are all about definition and definition comes from low body fat.
YHHH G... BMT OUT HERE BMC

treat them like any other muscle group, work them a couple of times a week. really abs are all about definition and definition comes from low body fat.
this butif u cant clearly see abs in the 10%-15% range then theyre underdeveloped imo, im at a relatively high bf (somewhere between 15-20%) and mine are visible, i imagine if i was remotely interested in cutting they would look fierce brah. I do standing ab pulldowns and hanging leg raises (making sure to touch leg on the bar without swinging) 5x10 on deadlift day. or go on youtube and look for a good ab circuit. 10 mins a couple of times a week tagged on the end of ur workout and get urself down to 10% shud be enuff u vain bastard.
  • Upvote 1

I don't do heavy compound lifts. I was doing them for a few months then I injured my knee and my gym dedication has not recovered. Waiting for my exams to be over to get back to the gym properly (end of this week).In terms of lifting while cutting... What am I aiming for? Low weight, lots of reps right?

Guest M12 Part 2

Youre meant to lift heavy when you're cutting. Goin high reps is one of those myths that's just stuck around. You need to get fit tbh that will make your abs show. Start doing supersets, complexes and/or doing your exercises with only 60 secs rest between each set. Basically increase your intensity. The way you lift shoul be physically demanding like cardio. You should be sweating and out of breath throughout your workout. Most people get out of breath during the set. And then stop and wait until they are completely refreshed before they go again. Keep the intensity up with short/no rest periods. That's what all good cutting workouts are based on whether it's complexes, supersetting or tabata.

There are too many of those f*ck*ng myths! f*ck sake! OK, back to lifting heavy then! I'm actually pissed now coz I spent about 6 weeks lifting light.Just youtubed complexes. I won't lie... I shall not be doing this. Supersets though, that I will do. How many exercises should I be doing in a superset? I always thought it was around 2 or 3 for one muscle then rest e.g. shoulder press, side lateral raises and then maybe front raises. But just seen a video where a guy did those 3 then flat bench press, incline bench press and then flyes all in one go. Was f*ck*ng insane.While I would be willing to try it, I would never be able to get all those weights gather at my gym without someone theiving some and fair enough to them if I'm hogging like 5 sets of dumbbells.I see your point about being out of breath though and take that on board. Sounds good coz it will cut my time in the gym as well.

ABS ARE MADE IN THE KITCHEN BRAH
this is the most important statement here. if you have "got your bodyfat down" but cant see your 6pack then you havent gotten it down enough. no 20-30 min ab routine is ever going to be as important for fat loss (especially rapidly) than the rest 23 hours of the day.count your daily calories and reduce them by 1/3 or 1/2 if you want rapid results. food timing is crucial, such as very low or completely cut out carbs (unless veg) after 6/7pmget in 20/30 mins low intensity cardio at least 3x a week (separate from your regular weight training days), (add another 15mins of HIIT 2 additional times after your usual gym training).drink lots of water, veg, complex carbs, and significantly reduce sugar, junk food and saturated fats, increase lean protein via food and or supplements and get rid of any mass shake junk. its very possible to follow this regime, tweak your weight training to high volume reps such as 5 sets of pyramid reps starting at 12 or 15 and never do ONE ab crunch and achieve the required results within 3 months.

Have already done all the diet stuff you mentioned. That's how I got my bodyfat lower.I can see the top 2. Top 4 when I tense. My diet is OK but it can't do it alone so want to step up the ab work and exercises that help me cut (which I now know to be lifting heavy. Won't be stepping up the cardio as I have training twice a week which is enough (2-3 hours each) if I actually go to the second session which I haven't been.